Reply 80
Got the written paper tomorrow :eek3:
Original post by AmyLH
Got the written paper tomorrow :eek3:

How did you find it? :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by Tullia
How did you find it? :smile:

Think it went well, tbf the sheets my teacher had gave me had all the answers on it :tongue: Would be pretty pissed with myself if I didn't get 30/30
Reply 83
Original post by AmyLH
Think it went well, tbf the sheets my teacher had gave me had all the answers on it :tongue: Would be pretty pissed with myself if I didn't get 30/30

Wow, well done if you get that score! :biggrin:
Mine's tomorrow at about 11, eek!! :eek:
Original post by AmyLH

I did well in it, but do let me know what you get as it seems as though you may have done better than me. And if that is the case, I'm going to be pestering you for all the stuff your Chemistry teacher gives you, as mine is appalling.

:smile:
Reply 85
Original post by RashelW
Wow, well done if you get that score! :biggrin:
Mine's tomorrow at about 11, eek!! :eek:

Good luck :smile:

Original post by Tullia
I did well in it, but do let me know what you get as it seems as though you may have done better than me. And if that is the case, I'm going to be pestering you for all the stuff your Chemistry teacher gives you, as mine is appalling.

:smile:

Aww, they prepared us really well for it, mostly because we only do one a year (so only get one chance). Next year I'll send you anything I get given if you pm me :smile:
Original post by AmyLH
Aww, they prepared us really well for it, mostly because we only do one a year (so only get one chance). Next year I'll send you anything I get given if you pm me :smile:

I'm unlikely to do the 2nd ISA as I've got what will be an A in the 1st ISA anyway and a solid CHEM1 score, but my College does do both the ISAs.

It does help those that don't do too well first time around, as we did get a few low scores for the first one. It's frustrating for me though, as it means at least two lessons will be used up covering the practical and written paper for that ISA when I'll be wanting to push on with CHEM2 content.

How much have you covered of CHEM2 so far? I've got a feeling that we're lagging slightly behind due to a few students slowing the pace of the lessons right down, but it could just be me thinking too much into it.

And I'll be sure to PM you. So thank you for that. :smile:
If you guys thought it went well, then that gives me hope there won't be many of those annoyingly tedious questions, where you're required to spend a fairly long amount of time working out.

(Were there any? :biggrin:)
Reply 88
Original post by AmyLH

If you get anything higher than 22/30 (42/50 overall- basically higher than me), then I beg of you to send me those chemistry papers you got from your teacher (for titration). I just want to see if I could have done better if I had it :biggrin:.

Congratz if you do get an A :smile:
Reply 89
anyone got any tips on what to revise for the isa on calorimetry and stuff?
Reply 90
Which AQA AS Chemistry ISA series surrounds past papers for the Halogens Topic?

Thank you.
Reply 91
whats the difference between an ISA and a EMPA?
Reply 92
Titration one tommorow. :smile:
Reply 93
Piss.
Reply 94
Original post by TheGreat1
whats the difference between an ISA and a EMPA?

Externally Marked Practical Assignment (EMPA)-> Practical Skills verification (PSV) = If that's the ISA your doing, then revise the past papers from Route X.
Some colleges/schools do this, it can also be given to students who have missed the practical section (no repeats), and basically the resources for the practical are on those papers. Or, a college may not want to do the praticals (e.g= too many students), therefore just make them do a test paper.

The other paper series, is the Route T. It's marked Internally. So your teacher gives you a mark out of 9 (an example) for PSA (usually most school give 9/9, unless you totally messed up your ISA). Then you just do the written paper. Section A is on your based on your ISA and section B is a resource which somebody else has done (similar experiment to your own).

???

Did you mean Piss easy? lol.

Original post by PowerPuff
Which AQA AS Chemistry ISA series surrounds past papers for the Halogens Topic?

Thank you.

http://alevelchem.com/aqa_a_level_chemistry/unit3.3/3.30.htm
The route T past papers + reading about 3 diffeent chemistry books (making notes and making sure I can do all enthalpy change questions) + just google/youtube searching...
I don't think the experiment I will mess up (not getting full marks), and my actualy paper will a couple of days after the practical (so I will know what to specifically search after then). Anyways, that's what I'm going to be doing....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by r88ney
Externally Marked Practical Assignment (EMPA)-> Practical Skills verification (PSV) = If that's the ISA your doing, then revise the past papers from Route X.
Some colleges/schools do this, it can also be given to students who have missed the practical section (no repeats), and basically the resources for the practical are on those papers. Or, a college may not want to do the praticals (e.g= too many students), therefore just make them do a test paper.

The other paper series, is the Route T. It's marked Internally. So your teacher gives you a mark out of 9 (an example) for PSA (usually most school give 9/9, unless you totally messed up your ISA). Then you just do the written paper. Section A is on your based on your ISA and section B is a resource which somebody else has done (similar experiment to your own).

???

Did you mean Piss easy? lol.

http://alevelchem.com/aqa_a_level_chemistry/unit3.3/3.30.htm
The route T past papers + reading about 3 diffeent chemistry books (making notes and making sure I can do all enthalpy change questions) + just google/youtube searching...
I don't think the experiment I will mess up (not getting full marks), and my actualy paper will a couple of days after the practical (so I will know what to specifically search after then). Anyways, that's what I'm going to be doing....

Thank you, but I was told the wrong topic
we are doing Group II and Enthalpy Change can you link me for those?
& the links that will help for the 'how science works' questions.

Please and Thanks!
Reply 96
Original post by Ethan1
Has anyone sat the January/February as chemistry ISA yet for 2012?

yes i have.
Reply 97
Had anyone done the ISA 2 - Enthaly & Group II

If so how are you OR how did you prepare?
Freaking out... Youve got people who got A's in the Chem Unit 1 Getting D's in the ISA :frown:
Reply 98
Got an A in the titration one! :biggrin:

FMDGM,DFSG[SDF'G,DF'fangdfg,sdfgsldsfgsdhqae4tjqWshgdshnb2IL;.23R
Reply 99
The one you highlighted in red, isnt Group II based at all after reading through the tasks however it is Enthalpy.

Where are the Group II and Extracting metals?

Quick Reply

Latest