The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jmat
Is anyone else still waiting to be told to PFO from Travers Smith yet at the application stage?

I'm still waiting too!
Reply 2901
Original post by hopeful0911
I received a PFO from them today and the email said that they have 'now filled all our places'

I presumed an email to all candidates left required only one click so why if that is the case they keep some of us waiting is beyond me
Damn. Boodle Hatfield telephone interview offer but the scheme clashes so I can't do it. Weird, they offered me an open day too (can't make that either unfortunately!) but if I can't do their vac scheme then I'm not really sure what these open days are for...is it to give you a taste of the firm if you want to apply straight for a TC?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2903
Original post by stevie wonder 65
anyone heard from Shoosmiths?

Im still waiting. they said by 16th...
Original post by moves_like_jagger
Ok I am freaking out. I have heard nothing back, hr are never at their desks, they aren't replying to my emails and I have till Friday to reply to my other firm. Shold I contact the partner who interviewed me?? I am really at a loss for what to do here. I sent 2 emails and left a voicemail and have still not received a reply.

Personally, I wouldn't contact the partner - it might be perceived as too invasive - especially if you've already sent a few messages to HR.

If you haven't heard back by Friday you could always accept the offer at the other firm as well and then if this firm say they can't move your slot then you will have to decide between the two and withdraw from one of them. It might not be ideal to accept and then turn it down, but it's better than turning down the other firm and then finding out you could have done both after all.
Original post by Benny257
It's so hard to know when to call up a firm after the time they said they would let people know by! Good luck contacting W&C!
Still waiting for Clyde...

i'm still waiting for clyde's too. have you contacted them?
Reply 2906
No I haven't contacted them. It's not like I have any other offers or anything, I'm just desperate to know! I keep expecting a PFO whenever I check my emails.
Reply 2907
Original post by Benny257
No I haven't contacted them. It's not like I have any other offers or anything, I'm just desperate to know! I keep expecting a PFO whenever I check my emails.

Hah, I'm also still waiting on Clyde & Co as well...and expecting a PFO every time I get a new email bahhh!
Anyone know how long Simmons take to get back to you after an interview? Can hardly wait for my PFO.
Reply 2909
Original post by stefwad75
Damn. Boodle Hatfield telephone interview offer but the scheme clashes so I can't do it. Weird, they offered me an open day too (can't make that either unfortunately!) but if I can't do their vac scheme then I'm not really sure what these open days are for...is it to give you a taste of the firm if you want to apply straight for a TC?

Same... it's a shame these firms are all replying so late! :frown: But yeah think the open day is just about getting to know the firm etc.
To anyone aspiring to be a solicitor, I highly recommend this thread:

http://www.rollonfriday.com/Discussion/MainDiscussion/tabid/79/id/9023359/Default.aspx
Reply 2911
HERBERT SMITH VAC SCHEME! I am *so, so happy*.
Original post by Susskind
HERBERT SMITH VAC SCHEME! I am *so, so happy*.

me too!! eeeeek!
Congrats to those with offers!

Anyone still waiting to hear from Mishcon? :unsure:
Original post by Old Reliable
Personally, I wouldn't contact the partner - it might be perceived as too invasive - especially if you've already sent a few messages to HR.

If you haven't heard back by Friday you could always accept the offer at the other firm as well and then if this firm say they can't move your slot then you will have to decide between the two and withdraw from one of them. It might not be ideal to accept and then turn it down, but it's better than turning down the other firm and then finding out you could have done both after all.

Yeh I just did that today- now HR can take their sweet time I guess... I have till July to sort this out. Thanks for your advice!
Original post by full_freak
Im still waiting too. i think i know who you are, we were in the same group. i think we hear back tomorrow. fingers crossed for both of us!! let me know when you hear something!

Ha, you've got me! Hope you're right, fingers crossed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2916
Original post by aaamsmith
me too!! eeeeek!

Which one are you on? I'm going on the Easter scheme.

It clashes with my SJ Berwin scheme though, I've been trying to re-arrange with both of them but so far to no avail. Don't suppose anyone on the SJ Berwin summer schemes is looking to swap to easter...?
Original post by Susskind
Which one are you on? I'm going on the Easter scheme.

It clashes with my SJ Berwin scheme though, I've been trying to re-arrange with both of them but so far to no avail. Don't suppose anyone on the SJ Berwin summer schemes is looking to swap to easter...?

It may be a long shot but there might not be any harm in ringing up HR and checking that you're definitely not able to switch...I did that for one of mine and was really lucky as someone else had actually phoned HR wanting to switch from the Easter to summer scheme
Hey everyone! ANyone still waiting to hear from SJ Berwin? :frown: I still haven't heard. Sent one email to them last week...
White & Case PFO. Has anyone heard from Mayer Brown yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending