The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by Jingers
He's going to the Nets.

Howard has been a big baby over this move.

Why Nets though? I know they have a new stadium and everything but they won't win anything.

Deron Williams and Dwight Howard won't go far imo. He has a far better chance at Bull with Derrick Rose.
Reply 1902
Thats on NBA.com as well
A backcourt of Jennings and Ellis will be an interesting sight
Reply 1904
Original post by Simon Adebisi
A backcourt of Jennings and Ellis will be an interesting sight

The usage rate between them will be like 100%
Been reading that there are a few issues with the knicks. Melo wants to be traded if MDA isn't gone next season and Novak wants Melo to be traded otherwise he will 'forget' how to shoot the ball.
Reply 1906
Melo is clearly a waste of space :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Melo just doesn't fit with D'Antoni's system... you can't go from being touted as one of the best to falling off the planet.
Original post by Simon Adebisi
Been reading that there are a few issues with the knicks. Melo wants to be traded if MDA isn't gone next season and Novak wants Melo to be traded otherwise he will 'forget' how to shoot the ball.

Easy decision. Knicks with D'Antoni and Lin minus Melo were a playoff team. Knicks with Melo minus D'Antoni is a black box that no-one can predict. D'Antoni is by no means my favourite coach but his Suns were perennial contenders back in the day. Knicks have to respect that. In fact, the Knicks should do what Denver did. Trade Melo for as many solid role players as possible.

In other news, I don't get why players seem so averse to Chicago. Chicago would have been a much better move for Lebron than Miami and Chicago would clearly be Dwight's best option if the Bulls were to want him there. Are they really arrogant enough to worry about being in "Jordan's shadow"? Neither player is ever going to get anywhere near Jordan, and they should have realise that by now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1909
Melo gets all the heat but Amare is a waste of space as well this year and d'antoni is a bad coach, dunno what will happen really but none of melo, amare or chandler have great trade value when you look at their age/contracts/health so those 3 will likely be together for the next 3 years.

Was hyped when I saw that theres gonne be a Jennings/Ellis combo at Bucks, they gonna be styling on people, and losing alot...
Reply 1910
D'Antoni is the primary problem. Contrary to popular belief here, I don't think Melo should go. He should at least be given a chance with a coach that can run a successful system in NYK before getting traded. The prospect of a competent PG (Lin, I guess) running the pick and roll with Amare, and leave Melo for the shot is scary if it works.

However, the fight for 8th spot will be interesting. Bucks now have a backcourt of Jennings and Monta. Knicks need to up their game to stand a shot.
Reply 1911
Original post by Jingers
Melo just doesn't fit with D'Antoni's system... you can't go from being touted as one of the best to falling off the planet.

Tell that to Fernando Torres.
Original post by Xotol
D'Antoni is the primary problem. Contrary to popular belief here, I don't think Melo should go. He should at least be given a chance with a coach that can run a successful system in NYK before getting traded. The prospect of a competent PG (Lin, I guess) running the pick and roll with Amare, and leave Melo for the shot is scary if it works.

That's the whole problem. That won't work because Melo doesn't know how to play as anything other than the centrepiece of a team's offense.
Original post by Xotol
Tell that to Fernando Torres.

Just heard D'Antoni's out, so I guess we'll see.
Reply 1914
:facepalm2:
Another casualty in Melo's wake of destruction, smh.
Reply 1916
Original post by BigFudamental
That's the whole problem. That won't work because Melo doesn't know how to play as anything other than the centrepiece of a team's offense.

I believe Melo should at least be given a chance to try. Let's face it, NYK traded a whole lot for Melo. If it doesn't work, then ok, it was a bad deal, but we shouldn't be quick to conclude that.

D'Antoni's out. Hopefully, for their sake, they get a coach that complements the players more. Then we can see if Melo was worth it.
Reply 1917
...In other news, Miami vs Chicago today. What does everyone think about that? Is anyone gonna stay up and watch it (I'm not, got coursework tomorrow :frown:)

Apparently, Rose isn't 100% with a groin problem too.
Reply 1918
D'Antoni's a good coach, he just didn't have the personnel in NY to be successful. At any rate, let's hope that Mike Woodson and his defense first attitude turn my Knickerbockers around.
Reply 1919
Original post by Stilo
D'Antoni's a good coach, he just didn't have the personnel in NY to be successful. At any rate, let's hope that Mike Woodson and his defense first attitude turn my Knickerbockers around.

he was getting around to it when melo was out and Lin was coming up but :sigh:

Latest