Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not scared of blood.. But why does this happen

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on

Bit of a weird one, but i'm gonna put this on here incase anyone has the same thing..

I'm not scared of blood, its not something that I am fearful of, but when I get a cut, no matter how small it is, a few minutes later I will feel my heart racing, light headed and sometimes feel sick and will need to chill out for 10 minutes or so.

I rarely do get cuts and stuff, maybe only a couple of times a year. I find it really weird and I would like to know if anyone has the same thing?

Anyone?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get this too, i never used to think i hated blood and the idea certainly doesn't disturb me when i think about it.
    But a few months ago i went to give blood, and felt faint straight away. Thought that it was just cuz i was too light so i thought nothing of it.
    I then got my belly button pierced, and anyone who's had it done knows that they usually bleed a lot. Took my plaster off, saw the blood any nearly passed out, took a good 15 mins to pass haha.
    I think maybe we just get more bothered about it than we realise!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The weirdest thing is that the last two times when i have had to go for a blood test i have fainted without even looking at the blood or the needle and i have no idea why. Its not the blood im scared of so i don't know why it happens. :confused:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellelouise)
    I get this too, i never used to think i hated blood and the idea certainly doesn't disturb me when i think about it.
    But a few months ago i went to give blood, and felt faint straight away. Thought that it was just cuz i was too light so i thought nothing of it.
    I then got my belly button pierced, and anyone who's had it done knows that they usually bleed a lot. Took my plaster off, saw the blood any nearly passed out, took a good 15 mins to pass haha.
    I've never heard of people's navel piercings bleeding a lot :confused:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    I've never heard of people's navel piercings bleeding a lot :confused:
    It depends on the person and how much you usually bleed when you get a cut i think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why do you say you arent scared of blood?
    maybe you are fine with blood in a sterile way (as in, in a test tube out of context). Seeing a human bleedy, either you or another, is entirely different.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellelouise)
    That's strange, I gave blood a few years ago and near the end I very nearly passed out, and thinking about it, I never used to get this faint feeling when I have a cut before I gave blood. Maybe it was that what set it off, hmm confusing!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 15, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.