The Student Room Group

MA History of Art - 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by emilynh
Hi there, I've applied to the Courtauld, Oxford, York, Newcastle (museum and art gallery studies) and Warwick. So far I've only heard from York with an offer and received the same email from Courtauld. Constantly feels like a waiting game! Hope we find out soon.

Haven't started preparing for an interview - don't want to jinx it - but also have no idea what to expect! I guess I'll research my first choice subject so I can talk about why I want to study it and make sure I can talk about everything on my personal statement!

Good luck everyone!

Hi there! I was wondering if you got into Oxford, or if you are still waiting? I got into Ox, but have my Courtauld interview next week. I really don't know which one to choose if I were to get into the Courtauld! What do you think?

x
Reply 21
Original post by MissJ

Original post by MissJ
just checked my email - i received the invitation for interview on 27 Jan. when did you send your application exactly? but don't worry maybe the tutor who's gonna interview you starts a bit late! i can't tell whether it went well or not, the interviewer kept saying "it's interesting" but i guess she was just being polite...

and good luck with your birkbeck interview! :smile:

i hope they are still considering it. i sent my application in the end of december. i also met a url rep recently who said that url is quite slow with processing applications. so hopefully i should hear something soon. and thanks the birkbeck interview was quite informal and she was really nice about it. good luck with UCL. hope it works well for you.
Reply 22
Original post by rlg
Hi there! I was wondering if you got into Oxford, or if you are still waiting? I got into Ox, but have my Courtauld interview next week. I really don't know which one to choose if I were to get into the Courtauld! What do you think?

x

congratulations! well done! did you apply by the second deadline or the first one? which optional course are you interested in? :smile:
best of luck with the Courtauld interview!
Reply 23
Original post by alabamaartlover
Has anyone received an actual interview date and time yet? I am applying to several U.S. schools too. On thegradcafe.com, someone made a notation that they received an interview for their 2nd option on February 8, 2011.

After a month of refreshing my email about 30 times a day, I was notified on the 7th that I have been offered an interview. Nervous/excited!

The tutors do work on different time-scales, but I am fairly sure most of the 1st-round interviews will be taking place this week.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by rlg

x

Hi there, I haven't heard from Oxford yet, when did you hear? I applied for the second deadline (20 Jan). To be honest, I really don't know, from what I understand there's a lot of advantages to both of them - I think for me it will depend on the course I get accepted for/if I get an offer!! Well done for hearing from both though!

Original post by alabamaartlover
Yes, sorry I was not very clear. Do you mind disclosing what your first option is? Mine was Russian Art. Thanks!

My first option is 'The Aesthetic Body: Science, Aestheticism and the Image of the Body in British Art 1860-1900.'

Good luck all!
Reply 25
Hi all!

Has anyone heard back from the Courtauld yet??
Reply 26
nothing from courtauld up till now... i have a really bad feeling since they are supposed to have released results for the first round!

i received an offer from UCL last week though :smile: i really like their courses
A few people have posted acceptances on another site. At least a couple of them did not have an interview. Of those who posted, one of them has been accepted for his/her 2nd choice and the others appear to have been accepted for their first choices. Some of the accepted students were notified of their acceptance during the interviews; others received emails during the last few days. I would have thought we would at least have received a "no luck on round 1" email . . .
Reply 28
Had an interview on Friday - was supposed to be for my first choice but they interviewed me for my first and third choices - received an offer for my third choice on Tuesday :smile:
Reply 29
anyone's not heard back from courtauld yet? not a word here...not even a rejection email for the first round...it seems that they have forgotten me....
Reply 30
Original post by MissJ
anyone's not heard back from courtauld yet? not a word here...not even a rejection email for the first round...it seems that they have forgotten me....

Apparently they're not sending emails after each round any more. I contacted admissions in a slight panic, and it seems to be the case that acceptances can come at any time, and final offers/rejections will be out by the end of March. Sadly a bit more waiting to endure!
Reply 31
Original post by jacekla
Apparently they're not sending emails after each round any more. I contacted admissions in a slight panic, and it seems to be the case that acceptances can come at any time, and final offers/rejections will be out by the end of March. Sadly a bit more waiting to endure!

thanks for the information! that brings some relief... hope things will work out well for you! :smile:
I received an offer of entry on March 1, 2012, for my first choice. I was not interviewed and the offer came via email. According to www.thegradcafe.com, at least a few other people received offers on March 1, 2012, as well. Best of luck to everyone!
Reply 33
Congrats to people who've got their offers!!!! Haven't heard anything from Courtauld yet. The silence in my email is getting really scary... i'd better be psychologically prepared for my "no luck" email...
Reply 34
Original post by MissJ
just checked my email - i received the invitation for interview on 27 Jan. when did you send your application exactly? but don't worry maybe the tutor who's gonna interview you starts a bit late! i can't tell whether it went well or not, the interviewer kept saying "it's interesting" but i guess she was just being polite...

and good luck with your birkbeck interview! :smile:

Thanks a lot. Got through Birkbeck. Also got Goldsmiths in hand for Contemporary Art Theory.

So finally heard back from UCL (phew). got an interview on 14th. Please tell me how yours went? What did they ask you? etc etc.

Quite nervous. :/
Reply 35
Original post by ambikahofa
Thanks a lot. Got through Birkbeck. Also got Goldsmiths in hand for Contemporary Art Theory.

So finally heard back from UCL (phew). got an interview on 14th. Please tell me how yours went? What did they ask you? etc etc.

Congrats first! :smile: who will be interviewing you? i guess different tutors ask different questions but surely there will be some general ones like "why MA in HA" "why UCL" "which field you are interested in" etc
Any offers from Oxford regarding the January 20 deadline?
Reply 37

Hi, I see you have an offer for Contemporary Art Theory at Goldsmiths, congrats! I am thinking of applying late for this course, I missed the first deadline. I don't know if there will be spaces for late applicants though.

Did you have an interview? I don't think I could cope with another interview...
Reply 38
Original post by jacekla
Hi, I see you have an offer for Contemporary Art Theory at Goldsmiths, congrats! I am thinking of applying late for this course, I missed the first deadline. I don't know if there will be spaces for late applicants though.

Did you have an interview? I don't think I could cope with another interview...

Hey!

Great choice. I was accepted on the basis of my application alone. So no interviews. But i know the feeling. Just got done with my UCL interview today. I just hope they dont make me wait very long. :/
Reply 39
Hey!

Great choice. I was accepted on the basis of my application alone. So no interviews. But i know the feeling. Just got done with my UCL interview today. I just hope they dont make me wait very long. :/

oh they won't. some people get informal offers one or two days after the interview. they let me wait for one week but that's pretty acceptable

and after a long wait i received a very weird email from courtauld. a professor from none of my three options contacted me for an interview. i was so confused! there must have been a mistake... but i'm pretty sure i've lost my first two options since it's already so late...

Quick Reply

Latest