The Student Room Group

I hate students/student culture!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MancBoy

Seriously stop trying to be sophisticated with your opinions

Probably the most entertaining few words I've ever read.
Original post by such_a_lady
Please Rate Some Other Member :wink:

And that in turn means? :confused:
Original post by X_mark_the_spot
Lol, this reminds me of KONY 2012, when for one splendid week, every goon on Facebook was suddenly vying humanitarian of the year. I agree with some of your points; people can be just so ridiculous with the pretentious tripe. Get a grip people, you are not Nelson Mandela or mother Theresa, now please stop spamming my wall.

Come at me neggers :colonhash:

KONY 2012 - "what was that?"
everyone dropped that as soon as it was no longer new, they just wanted to appear conscientious
thanks for talking some sense - Love negativity when directed at the right people
HATE ME FOR BEING RIGHT
Original post by MancBoy
Neggers at the ready!

Well like I said they never fail to annoy me. Seriously calm the **** down. Yes I know you're away from home possibly from a small quiet and boring town but stop acting like a spaz!

Firstly why do you act like pretentious douches! Seriously stop trying to be sophisticated with your opinions and coffee shops. Sorry but you're jobless students not business women! and your opinions should not automatically be listened to.

Stop acting and whining like you're poor when you have just spent thousands on your degree and you come from a middle class family from the posh suburbs.

Stop trying to protest for things when you're only doing it for attention. You spend more time getting attention, acting 'rebellious' against the system when you do nothing for the cause besides causing trouble and getting drunk. Face it you do NOTHING for the cause.

You are not celebrities. Stop acting like talentless celebrities from stupid shows like TOWIE. These people are tards. Stop making celebrities out of these people. They are not role models!

Stop ruining good music. Dubstep is being murdered by you lot jumping on the bandwagon. Please think for yourselves and stop being a sheep...stick to your indie :P

Stop wearing vintage, chinos, toms, Ugg, uni hoodies, beanies, anything from topman, Jack wills etc . Please you are all trying to be different but you all end up looking the same!

Just because you're a posh student doesn't mean you can do whatever you please. Shouting and screaming at 4am when there are people trying the sleep! Stop littering everywhere with your kebabs and empty WKD bottles (lol). Stop swearing in from of kids on the bus and talking about rape thinking its funny. Seriously you would hate it if I did that in your own city on your mum's street.

Also why do you insist on taking photos EVERYWHERE just to post on Facebook. The only reason you go out is because you can get your picture count up on Facebook. Seriously stop being insecure about your 'social lives' and just have fun. Photos are unnecessary, having a good time is. All the photos generally look the same anyway and noone really cares! Also what is it with these attention seeking statuses as if the world is hanging on your every sentence!

Why do you act as if you uni mates are family. You will only end up ditching each other when uni ends. Face it you are just being fake nice to each other.

Students talk ****! If its not some god awful opinion about something its about times when you got drunk or where you went out last night.

Yes I am a bitter person and yes people annoy me but students take the cake on this one!

i wish i could rate this higher
Reply 44
Original post by MancBoy
Neggers at the ready!

Well like I said they never fail to annoy me. Seriously calm the **** down. Yes I know you're away from home possibly from a small quiet and boring town but stop acting like a spaz!

Firstly why do you act like pretentious douches! Seriously stop trying to be sophisticated with your opinions and coffee shops. Sorry but you're jobless students not business women! and your opinions should not automatically be listened to.

Stop acting and whining like you're poor when you have just spent thousands on your degree and you come from a middle class family from the posh suburbs.

Stop trying to protest for things when you're only doing it for attention. You spend more time getting attention, acting 'rebellious' against the system when you do nothing for the cause besides causing trouble and getting drunk. Face it you do NOTHING for the cause.

You are not celebrities. Stop acting like talentless celebrities from stupid shows like TOWIE. These people are tards. Stop making celebrities out of these people. They are not role models!

Stop ruining good music. Dubstep is being murdered by you lot jumping on the bandwagon. Please think for yourselves and stop being a sheep...stick to your indie :P

Stop wearing vintage, chinos, toms, Ugg, uni hoodies, beanies, anything from topman, Jack wills etc . Please you are all trying to be different but you all end up looking the same!

Just because you're a posh student doesn't mean you can do whatever you please. Shouting and screaming at 4am when there are people trying the sleep! Stop littering everywhere with your kebabs and empty WKD bottles (lol). Stop swearing in from of kids on the bus and talking about rape thinking its funny. Seriously you would hate it if I did that in your own city on your mum's street.

Also why do you insist on taking photos EVERYWHERE just to post on Facebook. The only reason you go out is because you can get your picture count up on Facebook. Seriously stop being insecure about your 'social lives' and just have fun. Photos are unnecessary, having a good time is. All the photos generally look the same anyway and noone really cares! Also what is it with these attention seeking statuses as if the world is hanging on your every sentence!

Why do you act as if you uni mates are family. You will only end up ditching each other when uni ends. Face it you are just being fake nice to each other.

Students talk ****! If its not some god awful opinion about something its about times when you got drunk or where you went out last night.

Yes I am a bitter person and yes people annoy me but students take the cake on this one!

Epic rant.
Original post by PhoenixReborn
And that in turn means? :confused:

I tried to rep you and couldn't :lol:
Reply 46
Pretty much everyone I talk to thinks this about students, the majority of people in Leeds hate the student population overrunning the town. But hey that cynicism for you.
Oh yes because this isn't pretentious of you at all ...
Town-gown frown?
I actually agree with some of the things you said. Although, I think having good uni friends are important because its proven that your uni friends are the people who you are most likely to become life long friends with. Also, Towie rules bro, come at me!
Original post by MancBoy
your opinions should not automatically be listened to.

...killed your own rant at the beginning of your rant. how ironic.

i agree with you that theres always a group of very very rich people who are generally cocks and do everything youre talking about. but more than half of us arent like that at all. even if they were, what business is it of yours what others do with their lives? live and let live.
Reply 51
Original post by MancBoy
Neggers at the ready!

You have a nasty attitude.
Sometimes life is cruel. Sometimes people like me don’t care.
Original post by MancBoy
Neggers at the ready!

Bloody hell mate, what got your back up?
Agree with some of it, but some is completely contradictory, and some I completely disagree with. You should become a blogger, that read as if you were in the room shouting it at me, quality read, and +rep just for the laugh it gave me
Reply 54
Original post by X_mark_the_spot
Lol, this reminds me of KONY 2012, when for one splendid week, every goon on Facebook was suddenly vying humanitarian of the year. I agree with some of your points; people can be just so ridiculous with the pretentious tripe. Get a grip people, you are not Nelson Mandela or mother Theresa, now please stop spamming my wall.

Come at me neggers :colonhash:

3221553_700b.jpg

So true. I wonder how much they know about KONY.
(edited 12 years ago)
Word Life!
I was giving your opinion some respect and trying to see your side of things, until you classed dubstep as good music. No thought or creativity or anything goes into it. ANYONE could make a dubstep track. Not anyone could think up piano riffs and guitar loops and drum beats and create meaningful lyrics. That's what music is all about. Come back when you've developed taste in music.
Not all students are like that. I, myself am still in year 11, therefore not a uni student, therefore to you my opinion still counts? As you think students opinions don't count :wink:
Generally there are lots of crazy annoying students out there, but underneath many of them are just sad lonely people struggling to keep up with life and live on their own.
Many of them are struggling with cooking and cleaning and laundry etc. and being rowdy and annoying is their way of coping with it.
Through this I'm not saying that I agree with them, and some are the worst people in the world. But in high school it is the same.
People are rowdy and drinking and annoying and you can see a disgusting toilet in the back of their facebook profile pictures. Maybe even worse than students.
Through having high opinions in coffee shops they are trying to fit in and get on with the world around them. Just like preteens like to put on makeup and dress up nicely, etc. pretending to be older than they are. So do students. It's natural.
Don't let them bother you. And if they still do, move out of halls. By posting a thread of TSR you are not going to do anything about it. You can't change the world. They will always be annoying and rowdy. Maybe let your hair down and have fun?
Enjoy your uni life. It only happens once (for most people)
I can't really comment, because I don't leave for uni till next year. But I do get sense, it just seems to about boozing and which mate pulled.
Reply 59
It's people walking around in pyjama like clothes and not being able to tell whether they're male or female that gets me...

But it more just amuses me and helps me get through my final year. People watching is fun :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending