The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 08rbut
wooo!! I got an a!

i got a c and a d for my first 2 exams.
Reply 1941
Original post by non
what is computer studies and do you get a grade for PSHE because our school doesn't award grades for PSHE.

It's where you study what computers are and how they work and how people use them
Yea you get a grade for PSHE amy school it's pass merit and distinction :smile:
Back from Cadbury World! :biggrin:

If today doesn't give me diabetes then I don't know what will :redface:
I'm surprised at the grades I've been getting my targets were mostly b's and a's but I'm topping them by two whole grades. What about everyone else?
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Back from Cadbury World! :biggrin:

If today doesn't give me diabetes then I don't know what will :redface:

Let me guess. Was that a trip with the Business department?
Original post by themancunian
Let me guess. Was that a trip with the Business department?

Nope, I don't do Business. :smile: It was for ICT. Of course most of the day centred around chocolate production, which wasn't particularly eductional (not that I'm complaining! :biggrin: ) but we did have an hour long lecture about that programs that they have on the computers. :smile:
Nope, I don't do Business. :smile: It was for ICT. Of course most of the day centred around chocolate production, which wasn't particularly eductional (not that I'm complaining! :biggrin: ) but we did have an hour long lecture about that programs that they have on the computers. :smile:

Ah, I heard that the business class in our year got to go to Cadbury world to study about marketing. Hope you had fun :P
I haven't been on a trip in ages but their will be a geography trip,which is a GCSE Exam technically.13% GCSE Science Exam tommorow and on Monday,10% CA for English Language begins and ends on Tuesday.

Did you get to try some chocolate?Was it in fun day?-or too childish? because i have often head that cadbury word is silly and too centred around young kids but by virtue of my love of chocolate-I have always wanted to go to a chocolate factory but haven't ended up going to one yet.

I love your GCSE ICT course,on mine i just sit on a computer,for 3.5 hours but it is still fun because i like creating videos, slide shows,blogs and web pages and have created my own Doctor Who adventures:Chaos and Monsters of the Cardassians,through edited clips and i have created trailers for Merlin and Primeval,as well as the Star Trek GCSE exam papers:colondollar:.Would you care to analyse and comment on my latest significant multimedia product?-my primeval trailer,using your ICT evaluating skills,which i know very well are crucial for GCSE ICT and this will attract you to Primeval,ready for the next series,in Autumn on Watch.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
Did you get to try some chocolate?

What would be the point of going to Cadbury World if not to stuff our faces!? :tongue:

Was it in fun day?-or too childish? because i have often head that cadbury word is silly and too centred around young kids but by virtue of my love of chocolate-I have always wanted to go to a chocolate factory but haven't ended up going to one yet.

It was great yes :biggrin: Some parts were a bit childish, like the Cadabra ride or whatever it was called, but overall I would say it was great day out. I don't think chocolate factories are supposed to be serious and mature :tongue: .
I don't know why I find Latin translation so enjoyable :colonhash: Exam paper in a week :dance:

:emo:
It was great yes :biggrin: Some parts were a bit childish, like the Cadabra ride or whatever it was called, but overall I would say it was great day out. I don't think chocolate factories are supposed to be serious and mature :tongue: .

Do you think that the people who work in a chocolate factory are actually like...serious? When they aren't touring people, I mean :tongue: I can't imagine how you can work in a chocolate factory seriously :biggrin:
What would be the point of going to Cadbury World if not to stuff our faces!? :tongue:

Was the chocolate,liquid and could you just lick it off?Free Chocolate!!!-TSR seems to be missing a mmm or tasty smilie:mmm:and what ICT evaluation,do you draw from the trailer
Original post by MangoFreak
Do you think that the people who work in a chocolate factory are actually like...serious? When they aren't touring people, I mean :tongue: I can't imagine how you can work in a chocolate factory seriously :biggrin:

I imagine it makes for an interesting conversation when they meet new people :biggrin:

"Hi, I'm Bob and I work at CadburyWorld"
" :eek: Say... they don't happen to have any vacancies, do they?"

Was the chocolate,liquid and could you just lick it off?Free Chocolate!!!-TSR seems to be missing a mmm or tasty smilie:mmm:and what ICT evaluation,do you draw from the trailer

We couldn't eat it off the production line! :tongue: Peoples' spit would get into the food! We were given loads of free samples (Dairy Milk, Crunchies, Curly Wurlys :colone: ) and at one stage they gave us a small pot with melted chocolate that we could eat with a spoon. There was also a place away from the main factory called Essence where you could choose an topping out of marshmallows, mini biscuits, rice crispies and jelly babies, and then they would give you a plastic cup full of melted chocolate and your chosen topping :tongue: Omnomnomnom :tongue:

Erm... I don't really watch primeval, so I don't think I'm really qualified to comment on it, but my first impressions are that, for a trailer, it is FAR too long. I'd say that a trailer sound be around 30 seconds, 1 minute MAXIMUM. 4 and a half minutes is far too long, you're going to lose people's interest. In addition, I think the transitions were terrible, particularly the audio. At parts you'd have quite a loud action shot, which would suddenly switch to a quiet shot with one or two people speaking. Think, when you see adverts on TV, they rarely use audio from the show (aside from maybe some speech) usually they just have a song overlay so that the audio isn't too jerky.

That sounded a bit harsh, sorry :redface: I'm just trying to help. If it makes a difference, I think you chose some good action shots that would encourage people to watch the show :smile: I would just maybe make out a few so that the advert isn't so long.

EDIT:

Spoiler

In other news, I got an A for my first module in Art today :smile: Obviously I would have prefered an A*, but I was actually really pleasantly surprised, I havn't got on with this unit at all and I expected a B at best.

:redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
I imagine it makes for an interesting conversation when they meet new people :biggrin:

"Hi, I'm Bob and I work at CadburyWorld"
" :eek: Say... they don't happen to have any vacancies, do they?"

We couldn't eat it off the production line! :tongue: Peoples' spit would get into the food! We were given loads of free samples (Dairy Milk, Crunchies, Curly Wurlys :colone: ) and at one stage they gave us a small pot with melted chocolate that we could eat with a spoon. There was also a place away from the main factory called Essence where you could choose an topping out of marshmallows, mini biscuits, rice crispies and jelly babies, and then they would give you a plastic cup full of melted chocolate and your chosen topping :tongue: Omnomnomnom :tongue:

Erm... I don't really watch primeval, so I don't think I'm really qualified to comment on it, but my first impressions are that, for a trailer, it is FAR too long. I'd say that a trailer sound be around 30 seconds, 1 minute MAXIMUM. 4 and a half minutes is far too long, you're going to lose people's interest. In addition, I think the transitions were terrible, particularly the audio. At parts you'd have quite a loud action shot, which would suddenly switch to a quiet shot with one or two people speaking. Think, when you see adverts on TV, they rarely use audio from the show (aside from maybe some speech) usually they just have a song overlay so that the audio isn't too jerky.

That sounded a bit harsh, sorry :redface: I'm just trying to help. If it makes a difference, I think you chose some good action shots that would encourage people to watch the show :smile: I would just maybe make out a few so that the advert isn't so long.

EDIT:

Spoiler

In other news, I got an A for my first module in Art today :smile: Obviously I would have prefered an A*, but I was actually really pleasantly surprised, I havn't got on with this unit at all and I expected a B at best.

:redface:

for this type of trailer,they are normally(bold text).A successful trailer,that is this type of trailer
,when incorporating so much footage,in one trailer.I thought the transition at
0.28,was perfect though.I know what your saying,a few transitions go slightly wrong but this isn't professional standard.
for this type of trailer,they are normally(bold text).A successful trailer,that is this type of trailer
,when incorporating so much footage,in one trailer.I thought the transition at
0.28,was perfect though.I know what your saying,a few transitions go slightly wrong but this isn't professional standard.

Hmm, okay. I wouldn't call the video that you linked to a trailer, per se. It's not really adverting the show, so I would just say that it's just a montage of clips from the show over the years. If that's what you're aiming for, then yes I see why you made it so long, but I stand by what I said about adding backing music. I'm sure you can get hold of the soundtrack somewhere. I agree that the transition at 0:28 was good, but there are plenty (for example at 0:15) that are no good. If you want to switch between two completely unrelated clips then I would recommend using an effect such as fading out to make it seem a bit more smooth. I can't think of many off the top of my head, but there's loads of transition effects on Windows Movie Maker. Whoever made the video you linked to clearly made an effort to put similar clips next to each other, e.g. at 1:07, 1:38 and 2:53, but there is little evidence of this in yours.

Out of interest, is this part of your schoolwork, or did you just make it for fun?
Hmm, okay. I wouldn't call the video that you linked to a trailer, per se. It's not really adverting the show, so I would just say that it's just a montage of clips from the show over the years. If that's what you're aiming for, then yes I see why you made it so long, but I stand by what I said about adding backing music. I'm sure you can get hold of the soundtrack somewhere. I agree that the transition at 0:28 was good, but there are plenty (for example at 0:15) that are no good. If you want to switch between two completely unrelated clips then I would recommend using an effect such as fading out to make it seem a bit more smooth. I can't think of many off the top of my head, but there's loads of transition effects on Windows Movie Maker. Whoever made the video you linked to clearly made an effort to put similar clips next to each other, e.g. at 1:07, 1:38 and 2:53, but there is little evidence of this in yours.

Out of interest, is this part of your schoolwork, or did you just make it for fun?

i made it for fun.
(edited 12 years ago)
78/80 - Full RE MOCK:woo:

Grade Boundaries for mock:A* 68 A 58 B 48 C 39 D 31 E 24 F 17 G 10
78/80 - Full RE MOCK:woo:

Grade Boundaries for mock:A* 68 A 58 B 48 C 39 D 31 E 24 F 17 G 10

You still do RE?
Been invited on a schooltrip to Oxford University. Get to stay in the halls for 3 days ! :biggrin:

Latest