Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Nursing or Speech Therapy???

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Im stuck between studying Nursing or Speech and Language therapy at uni! Both courses look interesting, i just dont know which one to pick! I would like something with a variety of work that keeps me on my toes but isnt too stressful. Could you give me any advice or further information on the uni courses? Thanks very much :-)
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    It would be good if you could get some work experience - the courses ask for it anyway, but seeing the work that both do will help you to make a decision
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree, they are both very different, but both are extremely rewarding and diverse. My best friend is a nurse and loves it, however, I could never do nursing as I don't like needles!!! I am studying SLT this September in UoManchetser and can't wait!! 100% a good idea to get some work ex under your belt!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always find it refreshing when students focus on some of the allied healthcare professions. I agree with what others have said about work experience being the way forward in order to decide. There are some great tips on how to get SLT experience in this blog post, as well as some more general information about what the job is like.

Good luck!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.