Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London BSc Business Management 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by scaredofexams
Been rejected :frown:

Sorry to hear that :frown:. What about your other choices?
May I ask you when you applied?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Popstar
Sorry to hear that :frown:. What about your other choices?
May I ask you when you applied?

28th November, I have four other offers from Bournemouth (pr), City, Durham and Lancaster :smile: I really wanted to study in London so I am gutted, and I'm not sure if I would like studying at City uni. How about you?
Reply 122
Been rejected :frown:

Sorry about the rejection. What do you think let you down? Out of all your other choices I'd go with Cass.
Reply 123
28th November, I have four other offers from Bournemouth (pr), City, Durham and Lancaster :smile: I really wanted to study in London so I am gutted, and I'm not sure if I would like studying at City uni. How about you?

sorry to hear about the rejection from Kings....but you have an offer from City!!! City is like one of the best for business management studies...its something like third on the league table....!!
Still waiting!

I'm going to withdraw my application, purely on the principle that they shouldn't have the gall to keep people waiting for so long. My plans have changed so many times in the time i've been waiting for these ars*holes to get their act together. If a department is this slow to get back to the people who are potentially going to spend £9000 (or more) per year of tuition, imaging how lax they will be with regards to general academic inquiries.

For the sake of those who are reading who may wish to gauge the likelihood of them getting an offer, my grades were A* A* (100%) A* A (maths, english lit, politics, philosophy and ethics) at A level and 5A* 5A at GCSE. Either i've totally ballsed my personal statement up, or the caliber of applicants is incredible this year. I should imagine it's my fault. Still, i've been waiting 6 bloody months and even Warwick replied to me months ago. Sick of this. I'm going to go travelling instead. And yeah, i sound like a spoiled little child in this post but to be honest, my frustration is derived from the fact I actually needed to hear back from all the unis within a reasonable time so I could accept a job offer based on the term dates. As it stands, if I'm left waiting for too much longer (more than a week), i'll miss the chance of taking an excellent job in the civil service all because a department has such a chip on it's shoulder that it thinks it's okay to make people wait months longer than every other department in the country.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by I Gurn Hard
Still waiting!

I'm going to withdraw my application, purely on the principle that they shouldn't have the gall to keep people waiting for so long. My plans have changed so many times in the time i've been waiting for these ars*holes to get their act together. If a department is this slow to get back to the people who are potentially going to spend £9000 (or more) per year of tuition, imaging how lax they will be with regards to general academic inquiries.

For the sake of those who are reading who may wish to gauge the likelihood of them getting an offer, my grades were A* A* (100%) A* A (maths, english lit, politics, philosophy and ethics) at A level and 5A* 5A at GCSE. Either i've totally ballsed my personal statement up, or the caliber of applicants is incredible this year. I should imagine it's my fault. Still, i've been waiting 6 bloody months and even Warwick replied to me months ago. Sick of this. I'm going to go travelling instead. And yeah, i sound like a spoiled little child in this post but to be honest, my frustration is derived from the fact I actually needed to hear back from all the unis within a reasonable time so I could accept a job offer based on the term dates. As it stands, if I'm left waiting for too much longer (more than a week), i'll miss the chance of taking an excellent job in the civil service all because a department has such a chip on it's shoulder that it thinks it's okay to make people wait months longer than every other department in the country.

You applied to both Cass and King's with A*A*A*A and not to LSE for Management? I smell a troll… Or maybe its that attitude of impatience which is hindering you.
Original post by Bud Fox
You applied to both Cass and King's with A*A*A*A and not to LSE for Management? I smell a troll… Or maybe its that attitude of impatience which is hindering you.

Didn't apply to LSE because I got rejected last year for politics, and i only just finished my maths A level (self study).

Yeah my post was incredibly negative and I can understand any hate I get for it, but it's mainly because I have a job lined up and need to decide whether to take it, and I have heard (rumours admittedly) that King's tends to give offers first (and a few rejections if there's something glaringly obviously wrong) and makes all the mediocre applicants wait until 31st of March for their rejections.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks "look at my grades?! why didn't you accept me?!", i think it was probably my statement which mainly concentrated on how well i've been doing at Exeter uni rather than why I want to study Management which has let me down, but for me, the wait is enough to put me off the idea entirely since if I leave it much longer to decide I may miss out on an excellent job in the civil service (19k starting sal for non-grad, i'd be silly not to take it really). Sorry if I came across badly, but i'm sure you can understand my frustration in being left in limbo
Reply 127
They place a massive importance on the PS, that may have been the reason for your rejection from Warwick. You're grades sure aren't. £19k starting salary isn't impressive at all IMO, if I were you I'd take CASS's offer if King's decline you.

I got the offer from them in November, so the admission's team has actually been doing something during the year.
Reply 128
Still waiting!

i know how frustrating it can be....Im in a similar position to you...ive been waiting since the beginning of November..& i suspect coz i had resat the first yr of A levels...& omg your grades are wickedd!! i wish i had them gradess!! Dont take decisions too hastily..i know youve been waiting for long..but trust me you may even get a place...its better late than never...but at the end of the day its ur choice...Good luck with everything!
Original post by Bud Fox
They place a massive importance on the PS, that may have been the reason for your rejection from Warwick. You're grades sure aren't. £19k starting salary isn't impressive at all IMO, if I were you I'd take CASS's offer if King's decline you.

I got the offer from them in November, so the admission's team has actually been doing something during the year.

I totally agree, and under normal circumstances i'd take the Cass offer. However I don't feel i'm ready for university life yet (drinking problem, immaturity etc) and I want to take some time out to earn some money and go travelling. I may well apply next year, but chances are i'll try to get into Oxford for English (my real passion that i've been too scared to take the plunge on until now, always felt I should go for more 'useful' academic disciplines)
Original post by paulas
i know how frustrating it can be....Im in a similar position to you...ive been waiting since the beginning of November..& i suspect coz i had resat the first yr of A levels...& omg your grades are wickedd!! i wish i had them gradess!! Dont take decisions too hastily..i know youve been waiting for long..but trust me you may even get a place...its better late than never...but at the end of the day its ur choice...Good luck with everything!

It's good to know someone's in the same boat! I'm going to go travelling and re-apply elsewhere though, as once again I didn't put much thought into this application, so it seems that it's all round a good idea for me to withdraw my application before I commit to something I don't truly want to do.

Good luck with everything and I hope you get a place :smile:
Reply 131
It's good to know someone's in the same boat! I'm going to go travelling and re-apply elsewhere though, as once again I didn't put much thought into this application, so it seems that it's all round a good idea for me to withdraw my application before I commit to something I don't truly want to do.

Good luck with everything and I hope you get a place :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 132
I got offer from
unconditional Manchester
unconditional Queen Mary
Conditional Royal Holloway
Conditional Surrey
Waiting on Kings

I would definitely firm kings if they accept me. But if they dont, (losing hope) i'm not entirely sure where I would go. I'm originally from London so if I study at Queen Mary, that would help save me on some living cost. However, Manchester is quite high on the ranking, next highest after kings. But recently, queen mary has been added to the russell group which is quite attractive.

So it would be between Manchester and Queen Mary for myself if kings does not accept my application.

What is your thoughts of my decission, Queen Mary or Manchester?
Reply 133
Original post by 4TeenK
I got offer from
unconditional Manchester
unconditional Queen Mary
Conditional Royal Holloway
Conditional Surrey
Waiting on Kings

I would definitely firm kings if they accept me. But if they dont, (losing hope) i'm not entirely sure where I would go. I'm originally from London so if I study at Queen Mary, that would help save me on some living cost. However, Manchester is quite high on the ranking, next highest after kings. But recently, queen mary has been added to the russell group which is quite attractive.

So it would be between Manchester and Queen Mary for myself if kings does not accept my application.

What is your thoughts of my decission, Queen Mary or Manchester?

Both are good unis...but i would go for Queen Mary...coz its less travel cost..plus its part of the Russel group now..so one of the best unis in london! Also...how on earth have u got unconditional offer from QM? ...what are ur grades like?
& your not alone in waiting for Kings...theres a few of us on here that are STILL waiting for them to reply..& its been atleast 5 to 6 months.. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 134
i got conditional offer from warwick n kings. actually which one is better? i saw people r arguing on that.
Original post by khorus
i got conditional offer from warwick n kings. actually which one is better? i saw people r arguing on that.

I would go for WBS if I were you, well but if you want to go to London, then King. I got this offer from warwick but havent got anything from Kings. Can I ask when you received the offer from King?:confused:
Original post by Bud Fox
Sorry about the rejection. What do you think let you down? Out of all your other choices I'd go with Cass.

I think it was my GCSE grades which let me down:frown: I was very disappointed becayuse I really wanted to study in London and I didn't like Cass when I went to the post-application day. I think I am going to go for Durham, I fell in love with the uni and am going to do lots of work experience in PR and Marketing to help me secure a great placement in London. Thanks for all your help and supportive comments during these uni threads.
Unconditional offer for Business Management.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 138
Original post by Eternal Crescendo
Unconditional offer for Business Management.

Congrats! How did you get an unconditional offer?..what grades did u get for AS level?
Original post by paulas
Congrats! How did you get an unconditional offer?..what grades did u get for AS level?

I actually did a BTEC national diploma which I got three distinctions in.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest