The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate life?

OK so this isn't a cry for help or attention, just wondered if anyone else thinks like is mundane and crap?

I have a fairly decent job, a degree, a good family, and a handful of people that would probably notice if I wasn't around anymore.

Yet I only ever think how much I hate life? Not in a suicidal way, but in a way that makes me think if i died today, i really wouldn't mind at all. Life is just an uphill struggle all the way. Why bother with it?

I hope this makes sense, I'm not depressed or anything like that.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ingrate
I hate nihilists more.
nope I don't hate life, and if I died today I would be extremely pissed off about it.
Reply 4
You have what most people would kill to have, and yet you hate life? :lolwut:
Nope... Life is fine. I can't complain really.
Life isn't always great. But you've been given the opportunity so make the most of it and appreciate it. People have to live in poverty, through disease, through life-and-death situations. Children, young-adults, elderly, disabled. Imagine how they feel.

Yes, at times mine gets pretty bad. But i'm no where near in the world situation in the world. And when I feel down, I think about those who are. I do some charity work and volunteering to make myself feel better that I can make a difference. And appreciate what I have got. What God has given me. Despite the negatives, I try and give a positive outlook on life.

And while I am here, and hoping for the best around the world, all my wishes are with Fabrice Muamba. Sky News has just said he's in a stable condition in hospital which has made me so relieved. Genuinely so proud of the doctors and medical team. I wish everyone understood and appreciated the work they did.

I hope he makes a full recovery and despite not being related, and just a well-wisher, and football fan, thank you to all for their kind words, wishes and support. I'm sure he will appreciate it. As will his family. Stay strong Muamba lad, we all hope you make a full and speedy recovery :smile:
Everyone has problems in life, but to actually hate life itself is something completely different.
Reply 8
I take a very different view point to that of 'you should appreciate what you have because some live in poverty, have health problems etc' This makes me feel worse! Life is awful. And yes people are worse off. But that just makes me sad!

I don't want to go through life, I don't want to get ill, or worry about money, my health, my family! why would anyone?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
nope I don't hate life, and if I died today I would be extremely pissed off about it.

You wouldn't be pissed off, you'd be dead.
Original post by nase14_aldayz
You wouldn't be pissed off, you'd be dead.

I believe in life after death. My soul would be almightily pissed off.
No I don't hate life, well not most of the time. Ok except yesterday when I was walking into school and slipped on some dog ****. it was smeared all over my body and i was in pain. Yep, i continued walking into school. WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!
Reply 12
Nope, I don't hate life (weird seeing as most teenagers appear to), although it is crap at points. I am a believer in Karmic balance though and a Christian (hard to explain why), and I don't know, I just know that life is going to be good at points, bad at other points and just plainly an experience that's worth it!
Reply 13
Original post by PoGo HoPz
You have what most people would kill to have, and yet you hate life? :lolwut:

I wouldn't really say happiness comes from what a person 'has'. I mean, you can be thankful for/appreciate being in an comfortable situation without being happy.

OP, it's time to work on your outlook. Changing the way you view the world is insanely hard yet ridiculously easy and natural at the same time. And once you get going you start to learn a lot about yourself. Some self-help books might contain a few sentences you find useful, and the internet is packed with tips - have a look :smile:
Original post by Robz_3000
I don't want to go through life, I don't want to get ill, or worry about money, my health, my family! why would anyone?

Life does have some crappy parts, but what about all the great parts? :smile:

Stuff like having mates, having partners, hobbies etc.
Reply 15
Life is what you make of it, so make more of it!
I believe in life after death. My soul would be almightily pissed off.

Okay well then from my understanding, I guess you'd be annoyed at not having fulfilled so many things that life has to offer. Is that correct? Please say if I'm wrong.

My guess for my future however is that there are things that I would always want to experience, from books I'd like to read or re-read, or places I'd like to visit, if not visit again. So would this feeling ever go away? Or do you think there is a moment in everyone's life where they just accept their time is near?
I know what you mean. Looking around sometimes, all i seem to see is death and the world just being in a general rush for (what appears to be) no reason.

I don't really think that there is much reason for life or for anything, but i follow that we should make our own reason for living by just doing the things we enjoy.

As one of the dudes in 'Life of Brian' sings in the last song. "We come from nothing and go back to nothing, what have we lost? nothing." (...or something like that)
Original post by nase14_aldayz
Okay well then from my understanding, I guess you'd be annoyed at not having fulfilled so many things that life has to offer. Is that correct? Please say if I'm wrong.

I have three young children. They don't deserve to be motherless. That would be probably my biggest reason for not wanting to die.
Second to that would be, as you said, because there are so many things in life that I would like to do before I die.
I have three young children. They don't deserve to be motherless. That would be probably my biggest reason for not wanting to die.
Second to that would be, as you said, because there are so many things in life that I would like to do before I die.

I'll accept that because we're only here to reproduce. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending