The Student Room Group

Revision with no use of right hand

Hi everyone,

I was planning on starting revising this week, but to revise I usually write out all my notes and just write alot basically, but I've injured my right hand and now in a cast for at least 3/4 weeks and I'm getting worried that by that time I wont have enough time to revise until my first exam in may (doing AS's)

I've tried to revise by typing stuff up on the computer, but I end up just typing it up without thinking about anything..so it doesn't work for me

I'm getting pretty stressed out about this, so does anyone have any other revision techniques I can try without having to write anything? :smile:

I appreciate anyones help :biggrin:
Can you not write at all with your left hand?
Write it badly, and then type it up. You'll be thinking whilst hand writing it, and you'll be going over your notes when you're re-typing them.

Or you could start making spoken notes.
Reply 3
Maybe record yourself speaking?
Reply 4
Original post by funsongfactory
Can you not write at all with your left hand?

barely aha! I end up getting frustrated within about 5mins lol! but I think thats what I'm going to have to do :frown:

Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Write it badly, and then type it up. You'll be thinking whilst hand writing it, and you'll be going over your notes when you're re-typing them.

Or you could start making spoken notes.

thats a good idea! I guess writing with my other hand I'd have to go really slowly, but maybe more will go in then aha, then the typing could be like a recap :smile: fab! thanks for the response!
Reply 5
Original post by Henwin
Maybe record yourself speaking?

hm that could work, I'll give that a go to :smile: thanks :biggrin:
Reply 6
Usually, I do something else with my right hand....
You could draw up mind maps using key words and phrases? That would reduce the amount of writing you've got and when your hand is better you can revisit the mind maps and add more information to them.

Or type up your notes, print them off and highlight/underline/draw on them?

You could also get people to test you (or test yourself)?
Reply 8
Since writing with your left hand seems to be out of the equation, try and get others to write for you - not ideal, but I guess it'll have to do!

Or you can type them up, or alternatively, record yourself.
What about something like WinFlash Educator? Its a flashcard system that works on the computer, so you can mindlessly type your notes into the system with your left-hand but then you have to think as you work through the cards?
Try reading?
Reply 11
Original post by Judas the Prude
You could draw up mind maps using key words and phrases? That would reduce the amount of writing you've got and when your hand is better you can revisit the mind maps and add more information to them.

Or type up your notes, print them off and highlight/underline/draw on them?

You could also get people to test you (or test yourself)?

goood plan! thanks!

Original post by moonlit_streets
What about something like WinFlash Educator? Its a flashcard system that works on the computer, so you can mindlessly type your notes into the system with your left-hand but then you have to think as you work through the cards?

ah I'll have to look into that! I've never really been like a flashcard user but It wont hurt giving it a go thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest