The Student Room Group

On hold, waiting list?

Hey Guys,

So I've been put on hold at one of my choices. But I'm not really sure what this means? Is being on hold and waiting list the same thing? Also, anyone got an idea of the chances of getting an offer whilst being on hold and how many people are normally on hold?

Reply 1
Hello there,

Not sure which uni you're on hold for, but I was on hold for Manchester. I think it's basically a pile for "not sure". You didn't quite score highly enough to secure a definite, immediate offer, but you didn't score low enough for an immediate rejection. So, they put you in the pile and wait to interview more applicants or possibly see how many people are declining their offers. From this they can gauge whether to offer you a place or not.

I was on hold for a week and then got an offer, so it by no means condemns you to the rejection pile. It just means they're not sure yet. Of course but some people do get rejected, but people get offers too.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by feverdream
Hello there,

Not sure which uni you're on hold for, but I was on hold for Manchester. I think it's basically a pile for "not sure". You didn't quite score highly enough to secure a definite, immediate offer, but you didn't score low enough for an immediate rejection. So, they put you in the pile and wait to interview more applicants or possibly see how many people are declining their offers. From this they can gauge whether to offer you a place or not.

I was on hold for a week and then got an offer, so it by no means condemns you to the rejection pile. It just means they're not sure yet. Of course but some people do get rejected, but people get offers too.

Good luck!

Oh nice one! Do you know how many people were on hold in total?
Reply 3
Original post by andrewpeters
Oh nice one! Do you know how many people were on hold in total?

I have no idea, sorry. In my email I recall them saying it was a "small number" but from looking on here it seemed like quite a few people were put on hold.

Is it Manchester you're on hold for as well? I think there's a fair chance of getting an offer after being on hold so don't worry too much :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by feverdream
I have no idea, sorry. In my email I recall them saying it was a "small number" but from looking on here it seemed like quite a few people were put on hold.

Is it Manchester you're on hold for as well? I think there's a fair chance of getting an offer after being on hold so don't worry too much :smile:

Thanks :smile: It's Brighton I'm waiting on... last chance this year..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending