Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone here in a band?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering how many people here are in bands, post here and promote yourselves!!

I'm in a couple of bands, and have a solo project i've got an EP out, that you can get for free here: www.droptheleash.bandcamp.com
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a few but I'm not in one at the moment. I've always enjoyed recording things at home more in my bedroom. More control, can take all the time in the world and no arguing with other band members I've never 'put out' music though, although after recording this song yesterday I thought I might start putting out music under the moniker 'Mr Fulton'. Have to be called something I suppose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yowH...ature=youtu.be

Edit: Also, I run audioscribbler.co.uk. You should get in touch with us regarding publishing something on your EP!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That would be awesome ;D I'll wait till my next EP is released though ;P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrFulton)
    I've been in a few but I'm not in one at the moment. I've always enjoyed recording things at home more in my bedroom. More control, can take all the time in the world and no arguing with other band members I've never 'put out' music though, although after recording this song yesterday I thought I might start putting out music under the moniker 'Mr Fulton'. Have to be called something I suppose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yowH...ature=youtu.be

Edit: Also, I run audioscribbler.co.uk. You should get in touch with us regarding publishing something on your EP!
    Did you do all of that yourself? :eek:

If you did, very impressed mate. Got some sort of recording studio in your room? OP, I would love to be in a band/make my own music, but I can only play a tiny bit of guitar at the moment (like 3 chords) I have song ideas in my head and I started writing down lyrics recently, so hopefully will get a guitar tutor soon and ideally get it up to scratch Used to play drums for a few years, made it to about Grade 3 or 4, so have a basic understanding there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    Did you do all of that yourself? :eek:

If you did, very impressed mate. Got some sort of recording studio in your room? OP, I would love to be in a band/make my own music, but I can only play a tiny bit of guitar at the moment (like 3 chords) I have song ideas in my head and I started writing down lyrics recently, so hopefully will get a guitar tutor soon and ideally get it up to scratch Used to play drums for a few years, made it to about Grade 3 or 4, so have a basic understanding there.
    Ah thanks yeah, the drums and sound effects are loops I found but the rhythm + lead guitars and bass were recorded by myself. Not a studio, just an iMac and one of these http://www.digitech.com/en/products/rp500 You can get cheaper versions of that pedal that still have the USB port for connection to a PC and record through software like Cubase LE. Keep up learning and you'll be able to write and record your own stuff in no time. It's really satisfying when you produce something you're fairly proud of!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrFulton)
    Ah thanks yeah, the drums and sound effects are loops I found but the rhythm + lead guitars and bass were recorded by myself. Not a studio, just an iMac and one of these http://www.digitech.com/en/products/rp500 You can get cheaper versions of that pedal that still have the USB port for connection to a PC and record through software like Cubase LE. Keep up learning and you'll be able to write and record your own stuff in no time. It's really satisfying when you produce something you're fairly proud of!
    Nice

It's kind of frustrating because I have riff ideas in my head, starting to write down some lyrics, and I can imagine how the guitar and drums would come together but I can't play guitar (apart from 4 chords) Hopefully it won't be too long though, again, nice work mate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No... I wish I was too... I do play bass, and I'll be in the Manchester area as of September (provided I get in) I'll probably start building up a YouTube portfolio type... thing... soon here
    Stay tuned folks!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 27, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.