The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds firmers and insurance 2012 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IngensPolyspaston
Italian B and Politics - Firmed! :biggrin:

Pretty excited, not just about the uni, but also the idea of moving to a large city! - having lived in a small town for most of my life :smile:

As well as the move from the South to the North! Will be interesting to note any differences :wink:

English & Italian B - we could possibly be classmate! :biggrin:

And to answer OP, just because of gut instinct, the course itself and the amazing things I hear about Leeds~
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by MushyMorshy
English & Italian B - we could possibly be classmate! :biggrin:

And to answer OP, just because of gut instinct, the course itself and the amazing things I hear about Leeds~

Hey! :biggrin: Good to know I'm not the only one :tongue: Where are you from?

Don't know about you, but I'm going in with a very basic grasp of easy vocabulary, courtesy of various phrase books so I feel like its not going to be completely alien to me :colondollar: hehe
Firmed for Mathematics and Statistics (GG13) :biggrin:
I like the course because I get to work and Leeds has an amazing rep, and my cousin's there and says the nightlife is amazing! :love:
So excited to (hopefully) go there! :dance: Hopefully see all you firmers in September!
Philosophy & Economics, AAB but A2L offer of BBB! Going to firm it :smile:
Reply 24
I've just firmed my offer for physics :biggrin:
Reply 25
Just got back from looking at Nottingham..... and firmed Leeds straight away :biggrin: !!
Maths with finance :smile: AAB
Reply 26
Just firmed it today after going to visit!
Chemical engineering with nuclear, offer AAB or BBB A2L offer :smile:
I absolutely love it, I can't wait to go now! Just got to choose my accommodation...
Reply 27
Definitely going to firm my ABB offer for BSc Physics with Astrophysics. Love Leeds so much!

Original post by Erin. :)
I've just firmed my offer for physics :biggrin:

Which course and what offer?
Reply 28
Dentistry unconditional firmed :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by Jippet
Definitely going to firm my ABB offer for BSc Physics with Astrophysics. Love Leeds so much!

Which course and what offer?

AAB for MPhys Theoretical Physics :smile:
Reply 30
So I'm set on firming Leeds (for defered entry in 2013, mind) and thought it would be a good idea for all the people also firming be in one place on TSR!- Here!

Subject:
English Literature and Theatre Studies
Offer: AAB or BBB with Access to Leeds :woo:
Why Leeds?: Loved the fact it's so studenty, good reputation academically and socially, the SU! :heart:, course is really good, friendly people at my interview :biggrin:, the feeling of dread I got when I opened up UCAS Track awaiting the decision and the feeling of elation I got when I found out I had an offer! :tongue:
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Lupton because - apparently it's cheap and social, and even if I had the money for Devonshire I would be slightly scared that I'd be the only state school person:colondollar: (although I've heard lovely things about it, aestetically, it's practically Hogwarts too! :frown: ) or James Baillie for the social scene and close proximity to campus.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
So I'm set on firming Leeds (for defered entry in 2013, mind) and thought it would be a good idea for all the people also firming be in one place on TSR!- Here!

Subject
: English Literature and Theatre Studies
Offer: AAB or BBB with Access to Leeds :woo:
Why Leeds?: Loved the fact it's so studenty, good reputation academically and socially, the SU! :heart:, course is really good, friendly people at my interview , the feeling of dread I got when I opened up UCAS Track awaiting the decision and the feeling of elation I got when I found out I had an offer!
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Lupton because - apparently it's cheap and social, and even if I had the money for Devonshire I would be slightly scared that I'd be the only state school person (although I've heard lovely things about it, aestetically, it's practically Hogwarts too! ) or James Baillie for the social scene and close proximity to campus.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yayy! So exciting :biggrin:
Subject: History
Offer: AAA
Why Leeds?: Students seem to be the centre of everything and there's always something exciting going on! I wanted to be quite far from home to experience a new place too, so 6 hours away sure ticks that box! Leeds nightlife, I've heard is amazing - and I'm testing this in April (; Loved my course, experts in so many diverse areas and a really good feel for the department!
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Not fully looking into this until accomodation day, though I have Clarence Dock, Henry Price and the new Central Village in mind :smile:

Congrats on your offer too, dulciemae!
Reply 33
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
Yayy! So exciting :biggrin:
Subject: History
Offer: AAA
Why Leeds?: Students seem to be the centre of everything and there's always something exciting going on! I wanted to be quite far from home to experience a new place too, so 6 hours away sure ticks that box! Leeds nightlife, I've heard is amazing - and I'm testing this in April (; Loved my course, experts in so many diverse areas and a really good feel for the department!
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Not fully looking into this until accomodation day, though I have Clarence Dock, Henry Price and the new Central Village in mind :smile:

Congrats on your offer too, dulciemae!

So exciting! And I've got another year to wait :frown: I've just realised that I've left so much out of 'Why Leeds' - I also want to get far, far away from home, (thought 2 and a half hours train ride up North was good enough!) and I loveee the accent and people are so friendly! And nightlife, how the hell could I leave that out...aha!
Congrats to you too JessicaAnn!
Hi, I'm firming for 2012 entry with University of Manchester as my insurance!

Subject: Linguistics & Phonetics

Offer: A & MMM or B & MMP with Access to Leeds (snap!)

Why Leeds?: It's a great city, the course is ideal for me. I live on the North Yorkshire coast so it's the perfect distance away from home so I'm a bit independent but it's not too far away if something goes wrong, plus my sister lives just outside Leeds so I'll see her more!
Great student life/night life and a really good atmosphere, totally agree on the Student's Union!

Accommodation: I applied to Henry Price, but I'd pretty much like anywhere that's really close to the campus. Cost doesn't really bother me because hopefully I'll be getting a scholarship. Just as long as I can roll out of bed 10 mins before my lecture I don't really mind :smile:
Reply 35
Subject: Maths
Offer:AAB or ABC with A2L
Why Leeds: hmm I guess because mainly the course is amazing! Like they literally let you choose so much of what you want to do! And as above because its so far away from my were I live plus everyone seems so friendly!
Accommodation: Lupton its cheap and seems really fun !
Reply 36
Subject: Maths with Finance
Offer: AAB
Why Leeds: The city is buzzing, loads of students, looks like a good night. Campus in a city is pretty cool :biggrin: The course looks great . The SU actually looked very nice and lively compared to other uni's ...... haha
Basically perfect !
Accommodation: Either the new central village or James Baillie Park :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by brigittesniper
Hi, I'm firming for 2012 entry with University of Manchester as my insurance!

Offer: A & MMM or B & MMP with Access to Leeds (snap!)

Why Leeds?: It's a great city, the course is ideal for me. I live on the North Yorkshire coast so it's the perfect distance away from home so I'm a bit independent but it's not too far away if something goes wrong, plus my sister lives just outside Leeds so I'll see her more!
Great student life/night life and a really good atmosphere, totally agree on the Student's Union!

Accommodation: I applied to Henry Price, but I'd pretty much like anywhere that's really close to the campus. Cost doesn't really bother me because hopefully I'll be getting a scholarship. Just as long as I can roll out of bed 10 mins before my lecture I don't really mind :smile:

Hey, the thread's moved here - I made two (shocking memory) and this one has got a few more posts if you want to move it to that one! - sorry to be a pain! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1950619 also woo, snap with A2L! :biggrin:
Reply 38
Subject: Dentistry
Offer: Unconditional
Why Leeds: Great nightlife, student union looks amazing, dental school and facilities are all modern. :biggrin:
Accommodation: The Tannery :wink:

Offer: A & MMM or B & MMP with Access to Leeds

Accommodation: I applied to Henry Price, but I'd pretty much like anywhere that's really close to the campus. Cost doesn't really bother me because hopefully I'll be getting a scholarship. Just as long as I can roll out of bed 10 mins before my lecture I don't really mind

Quick Reply