The Student Room Group

How do you guys open into conversation in a club ?

Hey guys, title pretty much explanatory. For a while, and generally nowadays I pull when I get to clubs, but most recently I've stopped drinking as much (sober a lot nowadays), and so just playing off my natural confidence.. HOWEVER it feels much harder to just start a conversation. I would normally start with "Hey, you alright" or something depending on the situation, but even earlier today, it didn't seem to take me deep in to convo with them. After getting into convo I can carry it, just looking for better suggestions.
Thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 1
Be cocky/funny.

If she's by herself, say "Coming to clubs are about having a laugh, not being alone!"

If she's wearing something distinctive, make a comment about that.
Reply 2
I meant waiting at the bar, her friends are dancing/gone to the loo, etc.
Reply 3
At the bar is a good place to start, offering to buy her a drink can lead to her accepting and just walking off though!
Original post by herbforde
Be cocky/funny.

If she's by herself, say "Coming to clubs are about having a laugh, not being alone!"

If she's wearing something distinctive, make a comment about that.

You've got the right idea with cocky/funny but that's just not funny and you're gonna make her feel self-conscious. "Ahhh sneaky, ditching your friends so I could come chat to you" would be better but there's certainly even better things you could say.
Reply 5
Original post by tokolosi
At the bar is a good place to start, offering to buy her a drink can lead to her accepting and just walking off though!

Oh come on, this a DEFINITE no no. I've pulled many girls and have NEVER bought a drink for a girl.

Original post by RichyFrench
You've got the right idea with cocky/funny but that's just not funny and you're gonna make her feel self-conscious. "Ahhh sneaky, ditching your friends so I could come chat to you" would be better but there's certainly even better things you could say.

I like this.. this was more of the kind of response I was expecting.

Original post by Foo.mp3
I don't really use (prepared/recycled) 'lines' on women, it feels cheap/cheesy, but I'll usually say/ask something about them, or the situation, or the people they're with

Same, I never have gone in with something prepared, infact I like to push myself into situations even with nothing in my head. But nowadays I just can't seem to start, which is the problem.

Original post by Foo.mp3

Girls are never alone in clubs, unless they're battered and/or molten slags, in which case it doesn't really matter what you say :biggrin:

Yeah this is also an ISSUE for me, as I normally go to clubs with a few guys, and we're confident enough to go in by ourselves, so sometimes when we see a group, the other won't be there to wing. I've still got in on groups of girls on occasion by myself but it's not easy... especially with cockblocks. :shifty:
Reply 6
Grab somebody sexy, tell 'em hey
"give me everything tonight"

:tongue:?
Reply 7
my boyfriends friends do the mr bean bum dance into a group of girls
somehow it works!
:')
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
I don't really use (prepared/recycled) 'lines' on women, it feels cheap/cheesy, but I'll usually say/ask something about them, or the situation, or the people they're with

Probably my most epic (successful) line was the following, to a tall, attractive gothy chick: "you don't look like you're having a great time with these boys. Wanna dance with a real man?"

Girls are never alone in clubs, unless they're battered and/or molten slags, in which case it doesn't really matter what you say :biggrin:

haha =)) true true =)) depends on the sittuation:biggrin: if a guy says something that make me feel like they've been used them many times or they spent an hour to practise that :biggrin: i will think they r trying too hard =) and just leave without any responding :biggrin:
as long as u dun try to touch a girl's butt or say something too stupid like "whassup? how r u doin?" that'll be fine. i guess all u do it just to get a bit attention then move on so doesn't really matter what u say. if a girl likes u then she will say yes otherwise she will just think u r overconfident.
Reply 9
The BEST way to have a convo is either on the entry into the club, or by the bar.

99% of the times, when bored and standing in the line, women will be only too happy to have a conversation with a random stranger. Also, you haven't gotten in the club yet, so theres no loud pulsating noise to contend with. I've found telling them that I've come here alone because my friends stayed home to study/changed their mind at the last minute/were on their way works quite well.

If at the bar, strike up a conversation about the slow service, how crowded/empty the club is, pretty much ANYTHING. Just be fun and engaging.
Reply 10
"hey do you know how much a polar bear weighs?"
"it doesnt matter, it broke the ice"
confidence is key mate!
Reply 11
Original post by gingerben
"hey do you know how much a polar bear weighs?"
"it doesnt matter, it broke the ice"
confidence is key mate!

I have confidence, I am a confident person, and I don't normally have problems with girls. I am one of those people that when you walk in to the club, I will attract alot of attention from girls, so to go upto a girl who has already shown me interest isn't a problem.. you could say nearly about ANYTHING and she will be still be interested because she is attracted, as long as you don't go too extreme.
I'm talking about when maybe girls aren't giving as much attention, and you just want to start the convo, as I've said earlier I can hold myself, it's just more recently I can't start as well, so i've been just looking for ideas, not pickup lines because I don't and will never use them, but just general ideas, which I have seen mentioned already.
Btw this isn't just a rant to you, I cba to requote everybody. :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I have confidence, I am a confident person, and I don't normally have problems with girls. I am one of those people that when you walk in to the club, I will attract alot of attention from girls, so to go upto a girl who has already shown me interest isn't a problem.. you could say nearly about ANYTHING and she will be still be interested because she is attracted, as long as you don't go too extreme.
I'm talking about when maybe girls aren't giving as much attention, and you just want to start the convo, as I've said earlier I can hold myself, it's just more recently I can't start as well, so i've been just looking for ideas, not pickup lines because I don't and will never use them, but just general ideas, which I have seen mentioned already.
Btw this isn't just a rant to you, I cba to requote everybody. :wink:

well a club isnt the easiest place to chat unless you do it in the smoking area if its inside you tend to say as little as possible so maybe dance with them give them a smile
if its out side my mates use a little trick to start a converstaion by going up to a girl and just asking if they have a light and move on from their, tends to help a bit if i get involved as ill start talking and they will go ooo you a scouser cool! say something

Quick Reply

Latest