(edited 12 years ago)
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by ab94
Might see you there then! I accepted my offer for interior design :smile:
That's good then, I've only been to Huddersfield once (for my interview) and i liked it straight away :smile:

Yeh, I have visited loads of Unis from Liverpool to Northumbria to Norwhich, Huddersfield is definitely the place to go for Art, design and architecture, the new Queen Street Studios are top notch.

Where are you from ab94?
Reply 22
please ignore my first comment about Huddersfield

We all have bad days and I was in a bad mood when i put that
Need to accept my conditional from Huddersfield for graphic design and put down a deposit on accommodation however I can't decide where, got my eye on Storthes as I've heard it's where a lot of first years have gone on previous years...
Reply 24
Original post by amalkin93
Yeh, I have visited loads of Unis from Liverpool to Northumbria to Norwhich, Huddersfield is definitely the place to go for Art, design and architecture, the new Queen Street Studios are top notch.

Where are you from ab94?

yeah i had a tour of it and it looked pretty good :smile:
I'm from Grimsby, 3 trains away from Huddersfield!
I guess you're staying at home rather than paying for accommodation then?
Reply 25
Original post by BlueSmarties
Need to accept my conditional from Huddersfield for graphic design and put down a deposit on accommodation however I can't decide where, got my eye on Storthes as I've heard it's where a lot of first years have gone on previous years...

Yeah, i'm planning on going to storthes. Just need to fill in the forms and send off the deposit. I think that's where most of the first years will choose too
Original post by ab94
Yeah, i'm planning on going to storthes. Just need to fill in the forms and send off the deposit. I think that's where most of the first years will choose too

Yh it's is but it's filling up fats already so get it do e
Reply 27
Original post by Sophieburgon
Yh it's is but it's filling up fats already so get it do e

yeah i know, i'll be sending it off as soon as i have the deposit money
Reply 28
If anyone has any questions about Huddersfield, if you're not from around here, feel free to ask me! :smile:
Original post by ab94

I just hope I'm not stuck with anyone seriously boring or slobs, I don't know which would be worse.
Reply 30
Original post by BlueSmarties
I just hope I'm not stuck with anyone seriously boring or slobs, I don't know which would be worse.

As long as i have nice people that actually clean up the kitchen and don't constantly stay in their rooms i think it'll be alright
huddersfield is an alright town we friendly over here the town has everything you need from cafe shops to clothes shops. you will love it here

It's aiiight. The locals have a 'small town mentality' and tend to make out as if the town is mecca and the biggest in the UK. Huddersfield itself is pretty small.

Shopping IMO sucks. Not much choice regarding clothes shopping, but for supermarkets and poundshops and discount stores you're spoilt for choice. There aren't many bars either, but Huddersfield has great links to Leeds and Manchester if you get bored. It's a good place to be in your first year but towards the third you'll be bored. It's not like Manchester or Leeds where there are many students who stay after they graduate.

In conclusion: Good uni, rent is cheap, but the town is a let down if you're coming from somewhere bigger.
(edited 12 years ago)
To be honest that's ur opinion other people night enjoy huddersfield not every gets bored of huddersfield so keep ur opinion to yourself And another thing it's up to people if they want to stay in Huddersfield when they finish uni
Original post by jblackmoustache
It's aiiight. The locals have a 'small town mentality' and tend to make out as if the town is mecca and the biggest in the UK. Huddersfield itself is pretty small.

Shopping IMO sucks. Not much choice regarding clothes shopping, but for supermarkets and poundshops and discount stores you're spoilt for choice. There aren't many bars either, but Huddersfield has great links to Leeds and Manchester if you get bored. It's a good place to be in your first year but towards the third you'll be bored. It's not like Manchester or Leeds where there are many students who stay after they graduate.

In conclusion: Good uni, rent is cheap, but the town is a let down if you're coming from somewhere bigger.

To be honest that's ur opinion other people night enjoy huddersfield not every gets bored of huddersfield. And another thing it's up to people if they want to stay in Huddersfield when they finish uni
To be honest that's ur opinion other people night enjoy huddersfield not every gets bored of huddersfield so keep ur opinion to yourself And another thing it's up to people if they want to stay in Huddersfield when they finish uni

Do you work for the uni?

I think my opinion is pretty important. Gotta have some different views. The Huddersfield experience isn't for everyone so it's important to tell people the disadvantages as well as the advantages. If you're coming from a big city into a small town that's a huge change of scenery. Can't ignore that fact. I've studied in Manchester also and each experience has been completely different.

I'm not selling the place, just being honest.
(edited 12 years ago)
Do you work for the uni?

I think my opinion is pretty important. Gotta have some different views. The Huddersfield experience isn't for everyone so it's important to tell people the disadvantages as well as the advantages. If you're coming from a big city into a small town that's a huge change of scenery. Can't ignore that fact.

I'm not selling the place, just being honest.

are you from huddersfield
are you from huddersfield

I live and study here at the moment. I'm familliar with the place as well because i'm a Yorkshire native.
I live and study here at the moment. I'm familliar with the place as well because i'm a Yorkshire native.

so u havent lived here all ur life like i have then. i talked to loads of uni students and they have enjoyed it here.

i lived in huddersfield for 18 years and will still live in huddersfield for many more years.
so u havent lived here all ur life like i have then. i talked to loads of uni students and they have enjoyed it here.

i lived in huddersfield for 18 years and will still live in huddersfield for many more years.

Good on you. Again different towns/cities and town life even isn't for everyone. I'm a city boy and It's just a change that can't be permanent. What you miss is variety and the spoiled for choice nightlife.

Not everyone is like you. Can appreciate how you feel and respect your willingness to defend your hometown though.

Back to the topic please...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by amalkin93
If anyone has any questions about Huddersfield, if you're not from around here, feel free to ask me! :smile:

Hey, think am going to be starting this year aswell :smile:
on the childhood studies course.
Also, i just wanted to ask what kind of people do you get there?

friendly?

How far are the shops from the uni itself?

Quick Reply