The Student Room Group

Is Obama The Greatest US President Of All Time??

Poll

Is Obama The Greatest US President Of All Time??

Does anyone think Obama is the greatest US president of all time??

For me he is, I think he's good role model for the world, he gives inspiring speeches week in week out and pretty much all round one of the smartest presidents they ever had. I also say it due to the historic nature of his presidency.

One of the very few presidents who has won the Nobel Peace Prize as well. His speeches draw in crowds of 100,000 - very few politicians I've seen can do ever on a regular basis like the way he can. :smile:

Would you agree??
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You cannot possibly be serious :facepalm2:
Original post by Gnobe

For me he is, I think he's good role model for the world, he gives inspiring speeches week in week out and pretty much all round one of the smartest presidents they ever had. I also say it due to the historic nature of his presidency.

One of the very few presidents who has one the Nobel Peace Prize as well. His speeches draw in crowds of 100,000 - very few politicians I've seen can do ever on a regular basis like the way he can. :smile:

Would you agree??

1. 'He gives inspiring speeches' - er, can you point to any? I haven't found any of his fairly predictable speeches to be particularly inspirational. At any rate, I'm not sure how simply being able to hold the attention of people for a few minutes at a time makes someone a great president.

2. 'The historic nature of his presidency' - in what regard? The fact that he was the first African-American president? That seems immaterial - the race of a politician is of no significance to me.

3. 'He won a Nobel peace prize' - for doing absolutely nothing at all. There were audible gasps when he was announced as the winner, and with good reason - he has done practically nothing to warrant such an accolade. I cannot fathom why the Committee chose to honour him in such a way.
Reply 3
NO

We have endured more than two years of the Presidency of Barack Obama. In that time we have watched our Nation deterioate into an almost chaotic mess. Prices of basic living items from food to fule have skyrocketed. The National debt has increased by nearlt $5 trillion dollars.

The dollar is constantly devaluing, Americas credit rating is on the verge of collapsing. Unemployment continues to grow even with somewhat favorable numbers recently the truth behind the numbers reveals a work force that has decreased by massive numbers becaus so many have just given up looking for work because the jobs are not there.

Yes

Gitmo remains open: He wants to close it, he tried to close it, but President Obama just can’t find a way to close the facility holding terrorists at Guantanamo Bay. Because it was such a symbol of shame to the progressive Left

Helped GOP retake House
Rest and relaxation: His many vacations and golf games are a great help to husbands who need an excuse to hit the links or an employee wanting to take some days off
Bush tax cuts extended
Reply 4
*subscribing
Reply 5
Original post by Gnobe

One of the very few presidents who has won the Nobel Peace Prize as well. His speeches draw in crowds of 100,000 - very few politicians I've seen can do ever on a regular basis like the way he can. :smile:

Would you agree??

Thats hardly a measure of success since Hitler, Stalin and Mao could all manage the same thing.
Reply 6
I rank him as one of the worst.
He is a phenomenal statesman and campaigner.

As a President, I do not really approve.
Reply 8
President Pantywaist
Abraham Lincoln.
Reply 11
No
Reply 12
LOL.
Original post by Gnobe

Would you agree??

I can't tell if you are being serious or are trolling.

Either way, god no. He's signed in Acta, the NDAA, approves of extra-judicial killings of American citizens, is pandering to Israel horribly, can't speak without a teleprompter and is just really not that great.

He has done a lot of good, don't get me wrong, I love his healthcare proposals but greatest president is a vast overstatement.

Whilst I don't believe in every word of the constitution I do believe it's their law, and he's just trampling all over it.

PS. Attendees at speeches mean nothing. Stalin attracted millions, Hitler attracted millions, it doesn't really make you great.
I pity all those who've voted Yes in the poll.
Original post by Agenda Suicide
I love his healthcare proposals

What do you think Obama care is?
Reply 16
no ... he hasnt done anything, except dump all over BP...
I think the most important question for America to be thinking about isn't whether he's the best of all time, but is he a better President than Mitt Romney would be?

He's a so-so President in my opinion, but definitely not the best - not yet at least.
Reply 18
No, I think Lincoln and FDR might have something to say about that.

Most overhyped president, maybe.
I think it's best to wait until his presidency is over before answering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending