The Student Room Group

Is there any show in the history of television as addictive as Prison Break season 1?

After The Walking Dead finished I have nothing to watch now so was hoping you guys can recommend something.

I remember when I was watching Prison Break the first season I was so addicted I couldn't leave my bed without watching the next episode and finished the entire season in like 2 days and then season 2 wasn't that good but I felt obligated to watch it and as soon as that finished I lost all interest. The only show that's ever come close to having the same effect on me was Dexter in the earlier seasons. Breaking Bad was also amazing but it wasn't as addictive as those 2 imo and The Walking Dead I watched weekly when the episodes came out and I LOVED that show as well.

I need something to watch! Something like Dexter, Breaking Bad, Prison Break (season one) and The Walking Dead. It's hard for me top get into tv shows and I've tried to watch a few more but those are the only four I really couldn't stopped watching.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Obviously you've never seen Murder, She Wrote.
there were many who have tried and failed but nothing comes close to the adrenalin rush I received from the first series of Prison Break
Kellerman :adore:
Reply 4
Original post by Land-based mammal
there were many who have tried and failed but nothing comes close to the adrenalin rush I received from the first series of Prison Break

I literally couldn't stop watching it. I remember I was a bit ill so I didn't go to any lectures for 2 days, ordered a pizza and stayed in my bed watching episode after episode until my eyes couldn't take it anymore. Slept, woke up and the first thing I did was put the next episode on. I've never had that feeling again watching tv. :frown:
Reply 5
try 24. its super addictive! if you watch the first few episodes and you're not hooked then i dont know.
vampire diaries is quite good as well. but yeahh prison break is one of the best shows of all time even till today!
Reply 6
Original post by AYO
try 24. its super addictive! if you watch the first few episodes and you're not hooked then i dont know.
vampire diaries is quite good as well. but yeahh prison break is one of the best shows of all time even till today!

I tried to watch 24 but got distracted during the first 5 minutes of the first episode and haven't tried watching it since. I'll try it one day though is the story continuous or is it a new plot every episode?
Reply 7
No.
Reply 8
I loved Damages - try that one out.
Reply 9
Original post by 0906079
I tried to watch 24 but got distracted during the first 5 minutes of the first episode and haven't tried watching it since. I'll try it one day though is the story continuous or is it a new plot every episode?

the story is continuous. i think one season is usually 1 or 2 days so like each episode is an hour in the day. ive only watched season 8 and thats cos there was a marathon on Sky this weekend and now ive gone and gotten seasons 1 and 2.
white collar is another really good show but definitely not addictive, its a new plot every episode and its continuous as well (:s-smilie: if that makes any sense)

Grey's Anatomy is amazing as well but its on the 8th season, and you have to start from season 1 to really understand and enjoy it.

suits is also really good if you like those lawyer kind of shows
My recommended series':

White Collar
Dexter
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
The Borgias

In no order because they're all awesome in their own way.
Lost.
Desperate Housewives.
Homeland and Luther.
Entourage.

I got through all 8 seasons in just under 2 weeks.
If you like something a little more intelligent than the average show, I'd suggest getting into The Wire.
First two series of Misfits, before it went ****.
Reply 17
Yes, plenty. Many of which are better than Prison Break.
Reply 18
Sherlock.
Reply 19
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
First two series of Misfits, before it went ****.

I saw the first 2 seasons they were very good but nowhere near Prison Break tbh. It hurts me to say it being British but we can't compete with the American shows.

Quick Reply

Latest