The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hello, people. Wondering if any of you can help me, I've validated my email address for accomodation, but now I can't get past that bit. I can't find a email contact for them so what am I not doing? xx
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Lizzie9393
okk thanks, so if you wanted to do a bit more work first year you could? Yes I like the look of the course, the way you can do both physical and human, and I went to an open day the other week and really liked it...I just can't decide between there and Exeter

I was at the open day doing the geogsoc talk :smile: choose Newcastle!!! Exeter is so expensive !
Can anyone tell me if I am right in thinking that accommodation applications wont be processed until after a have met the requirements of my conditional offer, even though I have accepted Newcastle as my firm choice?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pitt1988
Can anyone tell me if I am right in thinking that accommodation applications wont be processed until after a have met the requirements of my conditional offer, even though I have accepted Newcastle as my firm choice?

Yeah that's right. If I remember rightly, it was late in the afternoon on results day that they emailed me my accomodation offer.
Original post by Whyalwaysme
Yeah that's right. If I remember rightly, it was late in the afternoon on results day that they emailed me my accomodation offer.

Nice one mate, cheers!
Reply 405
Hey, is somebody going to study Marketing at Newcastle uni?:wink:
Reply 406
Mechanical engg....unconditional offer :biggrin: ....
Original post by lolz8
Mechanical engg....unconditional offer :biggrin: ....

Well done :smile: I know someone doing a different engineering course at Newcastle and they love it.
Reply 408
@saullelle, yeah i am hopefully :smile: firmed it as the course looked really good.

Also can someone suggest to me what accommodation is best for a self catered en suite? Thanks :smile:
Reply 409
Is anyone STILL waiting to hear? English lit and lang applicant here...I'm sure they're supposed to have replied by today?
Has anyone got an offer for Combined Honours yet?
Reply 411
Original post by Desertanium

I have, I had a conditional offer for Japanese with business, but that has been changed to unconditional now (i'm a mature student)

what have you applied to study?
Reply 412

Yep, History and Geography. Too scared to firm though!
Original post by xxcaz_cxx
I have, I had a conditional offer for Japanese with business, but that has been changed to unconditional now (i'm a mature student)

what have you applied to study?

Oh, that's great. Yeah, I will be studying English and History, hopefully. Do you know by any chance what my degree will say? I know it's a dumb question, but I am just curious.

Will it say, BA Combined Honours in English and History or just a simple BA Combined Honours?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 414
conditional for classical studies and english- really like the look of newcastle, and my dad is pushing for it (a proper geordie!), just not sure which to firm between Kings College London and Newcastle!

I have :smile: Wanted to study English and History, now I want to throw Media in there as well for the first year :smile:
Oh, that's great. Yeah, I will be studying English and History, hopefully. Do you know by any chance what my degree will say? I know it's a dumb question, but I am just curious.

Will it say, BA Combined Honours in English and History or just a simple BA Combined Honours?

It depends. If you study it 50/50, then it will be BA Combined Honours in English and History. If you do the major/minor route, say do more English than History, it will be BA Combined Honours in English with History. And vice versa.
Reply 417

well it will depend on if you major in either.

If its equal it will be BA combined honours in english and history
if english is your major it will say BA combined honours in english with history. or visa versa

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/combined/honours/structure/

have a look at the web page above. it probably explains it better than i just did haha!
Reply 418
Any opinions on Castle leazes, food basically edible, floor layout ok?
Original post by feath
Is anyone STILL waiting to hear? English lit and lang applicant here...I'm sure they're supposed to have replied by today?

Yeah I'm still waiting for a reply, i applied for Fine Art
I'm getting nervous cause i'm starting to think they might be waiting until the ucas deadline is up so i'm rejected automatically D:

Quick Reply

Latest