The Student Room Group

black girls with blonde hair

do you like it or hate it?
I'm considering going lighter, but I'm not 100% sure, i don't have the money Beyonce does to have it done in a top salon :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it depends on your skin tone really
I think Beyonce pulls it off really well, as does Rihanna... I can't really imagine it looking good on Kelly Rowland or Jennifer Hudson though.

I'd recommend going for honey blondes if you decide to give it a go :smile:
Reply 2
Why are you so concerned about other people's opinions? Do what you want. I'm dying my hair blonde soon. I recommend you also take a look at the models in black people hair magazines, they usually have bright coloured hair. It gave me the confidence to style my hair the way I wanted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
As long as it's not like this:

it looks terrible man, why is it always black people making themselves the clowns of the show?

The only black person that should be walking around as a blonde is beyonce :plz2:
Original post by flowermaster91
it looks terrible man, why is it always black people making themselves the clowns of the show?

The only black person that should be walking around as a blonde is beyonce :plz2:

:rofl3:

To add to that. I don't like it.
Reply 6
Original post by coca
As long as it's not like this:

Wasn't she the girl from Flavor of Love?
Reply 7
I consider it ... strange. The darker the skin, the stranger it looks. Just tried to imagine a girl from the Congo with blonde hair ... What's wrong about black hair, it looks beautiful.

EDIT: I was just going to say that as long as you like it, that's fine, but as true as that sounds, it's actually not true. 99% of all people care about other people's opinion more or less, so if you love it but everyone else starts to gossip about it, you won't be too happy either :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Jin3011

I don't know who she is.
Reply 9
Original post by Jin3011

yeah that's her!
Original post by Joonie
Why are you so concerned about other people's opinions? Do what you want.

People say this yet people are quick to bully anyone doing something "weird" I hate it when people say the above. This is the real world. no matter how confident you are your gonna care to some extent what people think of you if you want to fit into society. Another case of "easier said than done" advice being doled out.

OP Black girls with blond hair can only work if you have light skin. If not it looks terrible. imo i dont like it also on the basis of it's part of the general trend of black females trying to look white. Now I know youre gonna come back with "that's totally not the reason why" but the fact of the matter is the media has told you straightening and bleaching your hair blonde is the way to make it more attractive which is why the style is so popular. You can't deny the "white female look" is the mainstream look in fashion. You don't see many white women curling their hair into afros now do you?
Original post by HunterPackLeader
People say this yet people are quick to bully anyone doing something "weird" I hate it when people say the above. This is the real world. no matter how confident you are your gonna care to some extent what people think of you if you want to fit into society. Another case of "easier said than done" advice being doled out.

OP Black girls with blond hair can only work if you have light skin. If not it looks terrible. imo i dont like it also on the basis of it's part of the general trend of black females trying to look white. Now I know youre gonna come back with "that's totally not the reason why" but the fact of the matter is the media has told you straightening and bleaching your hair blonde is the way to make it more attractive which is why the style is so popular. You can't deny the "white female look" is the mainstream look in fashion. You don't see many white women curling their hair into afros now do you?

Basically you're saying the whole concept of weave is a self hate issue and that black girls should embrace their natural hair.
Reply 12
Original post by Rossical
yeah that's her!

:tongue:I knew I recognised her.
Original post by Ice Constricter
Basically you're saying the whole concept of weave is a self hate issue and that black girls should embrace their natural hair.

Yep. the famous weave is the worst example. you know there is an image problem when black women are famous for having fake hair.

http://www.alternet.org/story/48280/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm not into black girls, blonde or natural, but it does look dumb.
Reply 15
beyonce-cheveux-blond-cendre.jpgbeyonce21.jpg033011-Beyonce-400.jpg112762890.jpgbeyonce__39873_zoom.jpg410276-de-plus-en-plus-blonde-beyonce-637x0-3.jpgBKnowles_GL_4jul11_pa_b.jpgbeyonce18_gl_19nov10_PA_592x888.jpg

she has to be the most beautiful woman on earth.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
No. It makes them look like absolute idiots.
Reply 17
Original post by HunterPackLeader

Would you accuse white people who use fake tan of self-hate?
Depends on skin tone and shade of blonde. Beyonce gets away with it because, well, she's hot first and foremost, but also her skin tone and shade of blonde are more caramel and so sort of blend together instead of contrasting and looking ridiculous, (and yes, it can look ridiculous). OP, if you want to die your hair blonde I really think you should pay the money to go to a proper salon and get it done, they'll match you up with what looks good for you - the uniform colours you get in bottles probably won't look very nice.

If you want to change your hair colour why not go for something dark but with tinting? One of my friends has more of a tanned complexion and when she died her hair a sort of dark purple colour it looked amazing. (Note, not actually purple, just hinted that colour when it caught the light).
Reply 19
I'd say that as a rule hair lighter than your skin tone looks a little odd. That goes out to anyone, especially people with lighter skin who have dyed their hair white.
It could work for you, but it does depend entirely on the shade of blonde as well. You shouldn't go pure light blonde. But instead go for a deeper golden blonde. Take a cue from Beyoncé not Rihanna!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest