Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Blog for my website?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm creating a website for my dads business and one useful feature we though pretty late on would be a blog system to post the latest news about medical related subjects and to inform workers of anything that may need to be mentioned.

I am 50% finished so far with the website, I used a template but i am changing it heavily. It is not a Wordpress template as the blog is not the focal point of the website...

So I am looking to implement one, would this be possible? Just a basic one that would fit in with the colour and theme of my website.

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any PHP experience? if so create a CMS to implement in it.

Another option you could use is Tumblr, they offer a single piece of code that will automatically update your website with anything that you post on tumblr, might be worth a look.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Install Wordpress into a subdirectory (/blog) and add a link to it on your main navigation. Use the standard Wordpress template (TwentyEleven) but customise the header to match your site using the admin tool.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wordpress wouldn't be a bad idea to integrate into your website. However, if you are looking to use your own, that's completely fine too. Yes, it's a great idea to integrate a blog into the website. Make sure you use SEO on your blogs to ensure your articles drive more web traffic to the landing page (article on simple seo is on my signature)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As above I would recommend using Wordpress and integrating a blog into your website. Maybe even Drupal? It's much better but I guess since you only need a blog Wordpress would be the way to go.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 21, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.