The Student Room Group

What's your idea of good GCSE grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by burgerrr
Maybe for the select few they are "piss easy". Anyway it's easy to look back and think they are easy, but they are only "easy" in comparison with a-levels, for example.

If backround, or atleast circumstances don't make a difference then how come Eton gets better results than say, a comp in a deprived part of the country?

My thoughts exactly.
Original post by USKEY
I used to admire exceptionally smart people. Then I realised people like you exist. You make me sick. You may be gifted with the ability to find 'nothing challenging with the UK school system', but it's clear that you lack any level of social skills.

Do you think everyone should be at your level?

If so, get to my level. Do some charity work, be a nice person and don't, on behalf of everyone here, be an arrogant waste of oxygen.

I don't usually dish out advices for free, but, don't argue with fools - you'll have to stoop to their level. You're better than that, no? :wink:
Maybe for the select few they are "piss easy". Anyway it's easy to look back and think they are easy, but they are only "easy" in comparison with a-levels, for example.

If backround, or atleast circumstances don't make a difference then how come Eton gets better results than say, a comp in a deprived part of the country?

I would suggest the following:

1.) Eton has a smaller range of ability than most comprehensives, given how difficult it is to get in. Their entrance exams are extremely tough.
2.) It interviews candidates to further rarify its entry.
3.) They have better teachers.

Ithink there are a few good answers. Obvious solution is to bring back the grammar school system. A system that worked.
I personally got 6/7 A*'s, 4/5 A's and a B - I was proud of those results, given that I come from a state school with an average of approximately 50% 5 A*-C grades, and no-one in my family has ever been to university. I also came out as the top boy in my year, which is a more important indicator to universities. It's obviously not the best physically possible, but it's good given the contextual data surrounding it, which is the important thing. GCSE's need to be taken contextually - whether they are good depends on individual circumstances, and where one hopes to go with them. Even at the likes of Oxbridge, a "good" set of GCSE results will still differ dependent on individual circumstances.

I'm also in a way happy that I didn't get the best GCSE results - the girl who did attained 9 A*s and a single A. However, she then got ABDD in her January exams for AS due to over-confidence carrying over from her GCSE results.
Reply 64
Original post by Azarimanka
Not at all but given how easy GCSEs are I struggle to see how people find them hard. I don;t see what it has to do with you?

It is clear that you have a problem with anyone who finds GCSEs even slightly difficult.

In case you didn't know, people's brains are not identical. People learn differently, they react to new information differently. There are a host of factors which can cause people to experience different levels of difficulty.

I for one, didn't do too well at GCSE. I got a few As a few Bs and a C. And I revised my arse off. However, I got A*A*AA at AS. Are you telling me I'm stupid?
What does it have to do with me?
I dislike arrogance.
Reply 65
Original post by NightBear
I don't usually dish out advices for free, but, don't argue with fools - you'll have to stoop to their level. You're better than that, no? :wink:

I would rep that, but I ran out. :colondollar:

I know, but I can only try to fight back against vermin such as him.
A*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*
Original post by USKEY

Vermin aren;t usually successful:wink: Equally the fact that you resort to name calling casts serious doubt on your intellect.
Original post by USKEY

Well, you're fighting a lost battle. In order to fight with such people, you'll have to stoop to low levels, and then they'll beat you with experience. :tongue: Or stupidity :indiff:

No worries, not too bothered about rep :colondollar:
Reply 69
Vermin aren;t usually successful:wink: Equally the fact that you resort to name calling casts serious doubt on your intellect.

I just thought that it was the appropriate descriptive word.

Yes, well, my intellect isn't all that. But I have a heart; two and a half, in fact.
Reply 70

You are aware of the poor behaviour at comprehensives in deprived areas?
Original post by USKEY
I just thought that it was the appropriate descriptive word.

Yes, well, my intellect isn't all that. But I have a heart; two and a half, in fact.

What on earth is that even supposed to mean?
10A* 3A
Reply 73
Minimum 6-7A* no more than one B.

I honestly fail to understand how some people are so stupid that they get ANY Cs and below unless there are personal reasons involved.

I got a C in maths but an A* in history, it depends what your good at where your strength's are, intelligence is not that clear cut.
Reply 74
What on earth is that even supposed to mean?

The last part? Sarcasm.

You probably haven't heard of it, as I imagine you are socially inept. Arrogant people usually are.
Original post by USKEY
I used to admire exceptionally smart people. Then I realised people like you exist. You make me sick. You may be gifted with the ability to find 'nothing challenging with the UK school system', but it's clear that you lack any level of social skills.

Do you think everyone should be at your level?

If so, get to my level. Do some charity work, be a nice person and don't, on behalf of everyone here, be an arrogant waste of oxygen.

Care to back this up with...er...evidence?

I can assure that we also have friends.

must be another angry #rejectedbyoxbridge user
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by USKEY
The last part? Sarcasm.

You probably haven't heard of it, as I imagine you are socially inept. Arrogant people usually are.

Of course - I forgot you met me some time ago, and judged my social ineptitude.
Reply 77
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
Care to back this up with...er...evidence?

I can assure that we also have friends.

must be another angry #rejectedbyoxbridge user

I wasn't even talking to you.

Are you telling me you are arrogant as well?

If so, then you must be part of some kind of arrogance cult, or something like that.
You're not welcome in normal society.
Original post by USKEY
The last part? Sarcasm.

It's another KEYBOARD WARRIER. :creep:
Reply 79
Of course - I forgot you met me some time ago, and judged my social ineptitude.

You're arrogant. Enough said.

Quick Reply

Latest