The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Freedom Writer
George Bush (Not Christian) believed God wanted him to start a war, despite Biblical laws prohibiting unlawful murder.
Benjamin Netanyahu (Not Jewish) does not practice the commandments laid out in the Old Testament as he supports the suffering of Palestinians.
Mohammed Merah (Not Muslim) killed innocent children, and killing one innocent life is like killing the whole of humanity.

Therefore, Zeffy, your pre-judged absurd comment was completely wrong. It is oxymoronic to aligned religion to someone who chooses not to follow their religion.

It is you who should apologise to this forum for your nativity in judgement, and for your non-existent understanding of the Abrahamic faiths. It is a gross misconduct for you to make such a false and wrong allegation.

Benjamin Netanyahu not jewish? wtf?
Reply 121
Just to point out the irony that when a white Christian guy shoots dead 70 kids on a camp and blows up a building and tells the world that there are many others like him, he is a lone gun man and a crazy guy. But when a single Muslim man goes around killing some kids and soldiers it suddenly spells "Big islamic conspiracy" for the same people?

Original post by andydemba
I think it's insulting that Sarkozy and Le Pen can condemn these attacks whilst spewing hate and promoting inter-race conflict purely to win votes. If they're going to legitimise repulsive far-right view points, of course these atrocities are going to happen.

I dont understand why people assume such things before any sort of details? No-one knew his or her motivations when you wrote this yet you are writing them as if they are fact?
Original post by rawkus
Just to point out the irony that when a white Christian guy shoots dead 70 kids on a camp and blows up a building and tells the world that there are many others like him, he is a lone gun man and a crazy guy. But when a single Muslim man goes around killing some kids and soldiers it suddenly spells "Big islamic conspiracy" for the same people?

Because the terrorist say so maybe... I do not know if you have the transcript in UK, but he called a journalist of France 24 in the night between Tuesday and Wednesday (just before being encircled by the police). His brother was responsible to send young people to train in Pakistan, he has himself being trained in Afghanistan and was investigated by French counter-terrorism a few year ago.

The difference I see is as far as I know there are not Christian terrorist training camp, and you do not have Christians blowing stuff every now and then. Actually the Norwegian guy is the only case I know about. Furthermore, what he did was not religious at all and his claim to be a "templar" is ridiculous: he is a Protestant Norwegian while the Templars were French Catholics (and most of them were put to death in the middle age by the King of France). Indeed, that would make you think he was a crazy lunatic.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LysFromParis
Because the terrorist say so maybe... I do not know if you have the transcript in UK, but he called a journalist of France 24 in the night between Tuesday and Wednesday (just before being encircled by the police). His brother was responsible to send young people to train in Pakistan, he has himself being trained in Afghanistan and was investigated by French counter-terrorism a few year ago.

The difference I see is as far as I know there are not Christian terrorist training camp, and you do not have Christians blowing stuff every now and then. Actually the Norwegian guy is the only case I know about. Furthermore, what he did was not religious at all and his claim to be a "templar" is ridiculous: he is a Protestant Norwegian while the Templars were French Catholics (and most of them were put to death in the middle age by the King of France). Indeed, that would make you think he was a crazy lunatic.

And Islam doesn't say kill people.. So you should think that this guy is a lunatic too.
Original post by delasandro
And Islam doesn't say kill people.. So you should think that this guy is a lunatic too.

I did not say he was a good Muslim. I just say he has been trained by other people within an organisation and his brother was sending other young people to do the same. So if you read what I quoted before replying, he does not really fit the lone gun profile. I never said all Muslim agree and I think he is part of a very tiny minority, but this tiny minority is well organised and quite aggressive.

For the Norwegian, he is a crazy lunatic as the organisation he is supposed to be a member of:
1- would have consider him an heretic
2- has been disbanded several centuries ago
Original post by LysFromParis

The difference I see is as far as I know there are not Christian terrorist training camp, and you do not have Christians blowing stuff every now and then. Actually the Norwegian guy is the only case I know about..
Hi Lys

actually, both the neo-nazis and the Islamist jihadis have international networks, a culture of violence and bloodshed, and do collect arms and exercise with them.

However, it is a problem of evaluating the threat, and its severity and dimensions.

To start with, numbers : the Islamists have a vast recruiting pool among the disgruntled youth of millions of European Muslims, while (arguably) the appeal of neo-nazis among the "white" "underclass" is much more limited (there is no way of knowing exact numbers, of course)

Then, the environment : to a wide extent, neo-nazis are isolated and considered as "beyond the pale" by society. There is no toleration at all for their speeches, their symbols, and they lead some sort of shadow existence on the margins of society. I would argue that jihadis, as "Muslim brothers" still enjoy a huge amount of toleration and solidarity in the Muslim community: Just go on Muslim forums, and you will quickly notice this. This allows jihadis to abscond among the wider mainstream Muslim community

And then, and most importantly : the Islamists have "sanctuaries" in Afghanistan, in Yemen, in Somalia, in Nigeria, Mauritania, in Pakistan's tribal areas, where they can train, get accustomed to violence and bloodshed, listen to the most blood-thirsty imams and preachers without any sort of limitation

The connections between these violent individuals and groups is mainly over the internet : once again, it is ilmpossible to make an exact count, but a superficial exploration will show you that "jihadist" websites by far outnumber neo-nazis

So, it is not an altertnative : you shouldn't neglect neo-nazis and concentrate on Islamists, and neither should you do the opposite.

However, IMHO, it is clear that the threat from the Islamists is much stronger and immediate thán the threat from neo-nazis

Best
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 126
He is apparently dead. Good. Shame they didn't let him shoot himself though.
Original post by Brandmon

Yep he is dead,just heard it now.
I actually don't think it's a mulim terrorist attack for once. Religious fanatics are usually reckless. Whoever did this planned it out very well. He also targets any minorities, not just jews or muslims.

France is packed with immigrants and I know that some french people feel quite threatened by it. I'd say it's probably some racist french prick.

What I do hate is the fact that, if he's caught and he does turn out to be a white french dude, Al-Jazeera will keep mentioning it for ages - "OMG SEE NOT ONLY MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS", like they did with the terrorist attack in Norway, as if it's ok to do something if someone else does it too.

Edit: never mind it's a muslim fanatic.
(edited 12 years ago)
And the world is ridden of yet another member of the "Religion of peace".
He is lunching with Shaitan
Original post by Dragonfly07
I'd say it's probably some racist french prick.

How about you read the news, it was a man called Mohamed Merah, an Arab/Muslim from Algeria.

We got justice now he has been killed by police.
Original post by Darkphilosopher
And the world is ridden of yet another member of the "Religion of peace".

Religion of submission. However, I agree the Arabs in France should be deported. No-one in France likes them anyway.
Original post by tehFrance
How about you read the news, it was a man called Mohamed Merah, an Arab/Muslim from Algeria.

Why did you chose to ignore the edit? I read the article one hour after it was published.
Original post by tehFrance

tbh i wanted to see him suffer more, think his brother and other members of the fanatic group he was involved in have been arrested so hopefully this will be an end to it and the families can get some closure.
Reply 135
Do you all even know one of the paratroopers he killed was muslim, funny how the media forgets to mention that
If someone wanted to avenge Palastinians, you wouldn't kill Jews, you'd kill Israeli's. Not all Jews = Israeli, and not every jew supports them to even use that as justification.

Bit of a fail i'd say.

And yeah, as soon as it was found the guy's "muslim" the Islamphobic bandwagon immediatly starts. :smile:
Reply 137
Original post by Gallium
Do you all even know one of the paratroopers he killed was muslim, funny how the media forgets to mention that

They did mention it. Mo killed them because he considered them traitors, since France has troops in Afghanistan.
Original post by James10000
yep
a few days ago Sarkozy said France had too many 'foreigners' and too much 'halal meat' .
Since Jews consider themselves a race, Sarkozy was saying france has too many jews.

Riiiight. It's not "halal" when it's for Jews, we call it "kosher". Ever tried pastrami? It's delicious.
Original post by Brandmon

According to the minister of interior (police/security? however you call it in English), he jumped through the window, while the assault police was assaulting his apartment.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending