The Student Room Group

Would you rather be supersized or superskinny?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheStudent.
Its easier to put on weight than lose it.. so superskinny.

its obvious that you have never been/or seen closely people that were skinny and wanted to gain weight.. its ten times harder than loosing weight,if you are fat its simple! JUST DONT EAT LIKE A F*** HIPPO all this crap food any time and eat fruits etc{and maybe start some running or whatever burning exercises}.. when you want to gain you must eat everyday 7meals per day and still the results will be seen in more time than the weight loss results!and also lifting weights {heavy weights not just fun for males,and for women sometimes} but to the question what you would prefer it is difficult to answer,probably skinny i would say,even though you are less healthier if you are extreme skinny than extreme fat}
Reply 61
I'm assuming this is something you'd be like for life?

Supersize so then I get all the food :drool:
Reply 62
Superskinny. BUT even though I would definately rather put on a few stone rather than lose five times that amount, people still underestimate how hard it is to gain weight, even in a healthy eay. Think about how rubbish you feel after you've eaten more than you're used too/had a 'fat' day, now imagine feeling like that every day until you've reached your target weight. Not fun! Deliberately gaining weight is something that feels totally unnatural.

Also, people tend to be tougher to your face about being thin - I used to struggle to understand why my friends were so persistent about getting me to eat more and making me feel really uncomfortable,yet it would have been totally unacceptable for them to tell one of my overweight friends to make some basic food swaps. Now I know the reasons are pretty obvious, but still it wasn't pleasant.

Having said all this, I would stil rather be superskinny because it does seem to be that it is more socially acceptable. Undereating disorders are treated with way more sympathy than overeating disorders which isn't really fair.
Reply 63
Original post by Wilfred Little

I've heard women who worked in my college talking about how they only eat 1 meal a day in the evening as it's better than 3 meals a day, then they wonder why they are fat. :rolleyes:

Ahaaa so true! I know so many people who do this, pisses the hell out of me. :s-smilie:
Reply 64
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
I'd rather be superskinny...there's not so much negativity towards people who are too thin as much as people who are overweight. Surely being too fat is worse for your health or are we led to believe that because of the hype and media attention towards obesity? I dunno. Oh and also then I could eat and eat and eat!!

Ye I kinda agree. At least if your big you can kinda physically stick up for yourself whereas someone small can be pushed around emotionally and physically bullied whereas someone big just usually gets more emotionally bullied.

This is from a primary/high school kind of view. When your older it's defiantly worse to be big.
Superskinny...

cause then I could eat lots of bad food to put some weight on :yum:
Original post by LowRider
Ye I kinda agree. At least if your big you can kinda physically stick up for yourself whereas someone small can be pushed around emotionally and physically bullied whereas someone big just usually gets more emotionally bullied.

This is from a primary/high school kind of view. When your older it's defiantly worse to be big.

Probably, but people should at least consider when you're skinny as a child you're much more likely to be picked on and beaten up, so think of the effects that can have on you as you grow up.

As a male, being fat isn't as bad as being skinny tbh. There is just as much social pressure to be ripped and muscular for a man as there is to be slim and petite for women.
Original post by almalibre11111
its obvious that you have never been/or seen closely people that were skinny and wanted to gain weight.. its ten times harder than loosing weight,if you are fat its simple! JUST DONT EAT LIKE A F*** HIPPO all this crap food any time and eat fruits etc{and maybe start some running or whatever burning exercises}.. when you want to gain you must eat everyday 7meals per day and still the results will be seen in more time than the weight loss results!and also lifting weights {heavy weights not just fun for males,and for women sometimes} but to the question what you would prefer it is difficult to answer,probably skinny i would say,even though you are less healthier if you are extreme skinny than extreme fat}

In fact, my cousin is anorexic. I had the shock of my life when I saw her as I wasn't expecting her to be skin and bones. Having removed herself from an emotionally distressing situation, she began to eat larger portions twice a day, and four months later shes completely fine.

I don't know whats with all this bull**** about having to eat 7 meals a day, i'd imagine anyone would throw up by then, especially if you're superskinny and your stomach is the size of a pea.
Being skinnier than everyone else isn't fun especially when you're eating very similar things to people of an average size and wondering why you're different, it's not always as simple as that the person isn't eating enough and that some junk food will solve it.
Original post by neverlander¾
Superskinny. Because the world is sick and gave us the idea that superskinny is not "as bad as being superfat". You can still work as a model and so many more things. It would actually bing you more money than being healthy. Crazy.

It is weird I just want to know why it's the case it's evident that most people are aware of it so why don't we change it?
Original post by PapaShmurff
Being skinnier than everyone else isn't fun especially when you're eating very similar things to people of an average size and wondering why you're different, it's not always as simple as that the person isn't eating enough and that some junk food will solve it.

Spot on! It would seem as if that eating junk food will help you put on weight but it is not as simple as that. Situations like that can really put a person down. Metabolism and other factor's play a huge role .
Original post by Golden_Boy786
Very interesting topic BTW.

I don't need to say what i rather be lol.

Im skinny enough as it is. :s-smilie:
i guess society in general likes to get along with people of there girth and people who can do the same activity's like themselves e.g play football, go out partying etc etc.That can be quite difficult for a supersized person. Therefore there more likely to get individualised for not who they are but on how they look.

Very sad if you ask me.

Totally agree ,it is really sad and what is more annoying is that a lot of people know this is the case and yet we don't do as much as we could do to stop it.
Reply 72
Superskinny, I've been overweight for most of my life and it can be a real hurdle to get to a normal weight again (lets be honest how many times have you seen a fairly big person going for a run and you feel slightly sad/disgusted by them, or seen cruel comments about there bum being thrown that way) and then your left with the saggy skin and stretch marks, bingo wings (don't need to go on XD)
If I were skinny then I could eat to a normalish weight again/exercise properly so its muscle not flab. I wouldn't feel as judged because fatter people are just regarded greedy and lazy which isn't necessarily true.
Reply 73
well both of the situations are "clinical sick" but in my opinion for a man oversized and for a woman superskinny..

'Clinical Sick' would be a good band name.
Original post by TheStudent.
In fact, my cousin is anorexic. I had the shock of my life when I saw her as I wasn't expecting her to be skin and bones. Having removed herself from an emotionally distressing situation, she began to eat larger portions twice a day, and four months later shes completely fine.

I don't know whats with all this bull**** about having to eat 7 meals a day, i'd imagine anyone would throw up by then, especially if you're superskinny and your stomach is the size of a pea.

obviously your cousin didnt have quick burning metabolism,he was just not in mood eating,we are talking here for real problems.
obviously your cousin didnt have quick burning metabolism,he was just not in mood eating,we are talking here for real problems.

Anorexia is a 'real' problem. Yes she might not have been in the mood, but its still characterised as anorexia.
Superskinny, then i can eat all i want and be making myself healthier, the best of both worlds!
Reply 77
People are under the assumption that if you are superskinny, you can eat what you please and just put weight on like that. Talking from experience it's not as easy as that, it requires careful planning of the diet.
Personally I would like to be supersized as long as it was muscle covered in fat.
Reply 78
Assuming I have to choose one of the two, superskinny 'cause life would be easier to live like that.
Super skinny... I'd look ridiculous if I was skinny because I have a very curvy bone structure but putting on weight is much easier than losing it lol

Quick Reply

Latest