The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

En-suite vs Private Shared Bathroom vs Shared En-Suite

I'm talking about whether to take an en-suite or any other from the list as seen on

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/catered_halls/

The prices are at the bottom of the page

The reason why I'm deciding between en-suite and not en-suite is that I don't know how my roommate is going to be like. I mean would he be peeing standingly or sittingly? That is a problem I am concerned about. Not anything else to be honest.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Shared with ONE other person?! Jeez, hardly an issue. I share bathrooms with 6 others and there has never been any problem.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
honestly I was the biggest bathroom snob before uni. I live in broadgate park and share two bathrooms between five of us. There is never a problem - everything is always clean and just leave an air freshener in the toilet if your poop (unlike mine) doesn't smell of roses :p:
If you are thinking of Private Shared Bathroom vs Shared En-Suite - I would recommend PSB every time. Shared en suite costs a bit more money and is not worth it. Shared ensuite. Most people I know who had shared ensuite did not know of the PSB option, and would have applied for that if they had known.
Reply 4

bump
I know this is an old thread, but with private shared bathrooms, does that mean there are only 2 people on your corridor? I'm finding it a bit difficult to picture the "communal corridor" it mentions on the website. Also, is it worth getting a private shared bathroom over a single study?
Reply 6
Original post by KatieTheFish
I know this is an old thread, but with private shared bathrooms, does that mean there are only 2 people on your corridor? I'm finding it a bit difficult to picture the "communal corridor" it mentions on the website. Also, is it worth getting a private shared bathroom over a single study?

Think of it more like a shared entrance hall. Corridor is a very generous description -- there will be a main corridor with lots of rooms coming off it.
Reply 7
Original post by daryan
I mean would he be peeing standingly or sittingly? That is a problem I am concerned about.

I'd be more concerned if it was a he and he sat down to pee.
Reply 8
I have just been to look at Nottingham open day today, and was just wondering if anybody actually knows the difference between the private shared bathroom and shared ensuite?? Other than the psb is cheaper, which is why I'm swaying more towards that one!! :smile:
Original post by and_scrubs
I have just been to look at Nottingham open day today, and was just wondering if anybody actually knows the difference between the private shared bathroom and shared ensuite?? Other than the psb is cheaper, which is why I'm swaying more towards that one!! :smile:

For shared ensuite, you get a lockable front door usually. Or private access, i.e. the only person who will see you in a towel would be your bathroomie.
Reply 10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending