The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
I see, and how would I go about getting hold of the OCR and Edexcel mark schemes?

You can't, you have to wait 9 moths mate.
Does anyone know if it's too late for me to get a copy of my script?
Original post by Sarahalwan

I believe the exam board deadlines are now over, or I think it is the end of the week ( so Friday 23rd). Anyone else know?
Reply 6503
Original post by Sarahalwan

The deadline for a photocopy was 16 March, you can still order the original back (up until at least 17 April) but it will not come back until the very end of April at the earliest - too late to help with a re-mark, where the deadline is 17 April.
does anyone have the aqa biol2 paper sat in jan 2012
Original post by calender1994
does anyone have the aqa biol2 paper sat in jan 2012

Attached. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Really pleased with my results:

AQA
Biol1: 86/100 A
Biol4: 78/100 B requested a photocopy of my paper back
Biol3T: 56/60 A
Dram1: 111/120 A
OCR
His1: 89/100 A
His2: 71/100 B

So I have five exams in the summer and I'm aiming for:
AQA
Biol2: 126/140 A currently have 103/140 B
Biol5: 120/140 A
Dram3: 104/120 A
Litb1: 105/120 A
OCR
His4: 115/120 A*

I'll so be getting some coursework results and I'm hoping for:
AQA
Dram4: 64/80 A
Biol6T: 60/60 A*
OCR
His3: 64/80 A

And two general studies results
Edexcel:
Gs3: 93/100 A*
Gs4: 93/100 A*
Original post by Monkeysuit.

AQA
OCR

AQA
OCR

AQA
OCR

Edexcel:

Lol Thanks for sharing bro!

Hey could you upload the business unit 1 question paper and the mark scheme PLEASE!!
Reply 6509
Original post by Angelicus
Thankyou :smile: I had a D in the history module and a B in the english module

This is really impressive - going from all Cs at GCSE to now being an A grade student! Do you ever wonder what you would have got if you had worked harder at GCSE or are you just content that you got there in the end? Just out of curiosity.

Thank you for your comment! as a slightly maturer student I worked so hard for AS and didnt get the grades i deserved as my life did and still is completly college focused. Ofc I think I was smart enough to get grades in school but never once saw one mark scheme for gcse whereas a level iv revised from them lol

But to answer your question properly yes always think about it, but my childhood I would not change a single minute of it. Played sport 7 days a week for club county and south of england in 4 sports and loved everybody came into contact with....Ofc my confidence taken huge hit now im 24 but my childhood is priceless to me. *but defo should of worked harder lol*

Im rly interested in medicine and human biology but im not a natural and I just know going down this route would not be a good idea for me, so sports science for 3 years to finish off with being totally lost after uni....least the 3 yrs will b good lol
Reply 6510
Original post by Sagacious
Very well done.

Sorry late reply, taken me ages 2 learn how to quote.. lol :frown:

Thank you for your message, hope things went well for yourself.
Reply 6511
Original post by Monkeysuit.

AQA
OCR

AQA
OCR

AQA
OCR

Edexcel:

WOW!! A* s as welll...how many hours do you revise each day if you dont mind me asking
Why do people even care about UMS? If you got an A grade in AS and/or an A* at A2 it doesn't matter if you got 80 UMS and 90 UMS respectively or higher. Who cares if you have got 99 UMS or 100 UMS? Universities don't care. They only care about your grades!
Reply 6513
Original post by liamdunne
Why do people even care about UMS? If you got an A grade in AS and/or an A* at A2 it doesn't matter if you got 80 UMS and 90 UMS respectively or higher. Who cares if you have got 99 UMS or 100 UMS? Universities don't care. They only care about your grades!

Cambridge does.
Reply 6514
Original post by liamdunne

It does matter... for example if I got a B in chemistry and I need an A to do dentistry then I need to see how many raw marks/ums I need extra to pull my grade up in the second module... for me anyway, if its the end of your exams and you got an A... you got an A, who cares about UMS at that stage.
Reply 6515
Hi, does anyone have the OCR GCE economics f581 mark scheme (and question paper if possible)?
if so, could you please send the link to me thanks,
thank you very much,
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6516
Anyonw have the chem2 jan12 paper?
Reply 6517
unhappy:
a= maths :smile:
b= philosophy :O:O (very dissapointing)
b=biology
a= english lit cw
b= chemistry (was expecting a u since mind was preoccupied)
i'm definitely going to retake chemistry; it's my best and probably favourite subject. i hate biology, so long as i get a high mark in this upcoming module, i'll be fine. philosophy, i was supposed to get a very high a, dunno was happened really. gonna definitely push it up to an a this june.

school has high expectations of me which is crazy because im no infant prodigy. i got b's and a's considering im predicted to get a/a*s at the end of a2; never gonna happen btw, these are my first as. has anyone been in this position? do i still have a chance?

thanks a lot guys
Original post by amz1209
unhappy:
a= maths :smile:
b= philosophy :O:O (very dissapointing)
b=biology
a= english lit cw
b= chemistry (was expecting a u since mind was preoccupied)
i'm definitely going to retake chemistry; it's my best and probably favourite subject. i hate biology, so long as i get a high mark in this upcoming module, i'll be fine. philosophy, i was supposed to get a very high a, dunno was happened really. gonna definitely push it up to an a this june.

school has high expectations of me which is crazy because im no infant prodigy. i got b's and a's considering im predicted to get a/a*s at the end of a2; never gonna happen btw, these are my first as. has anyone been in this position? do i still have a chance?

thanks a lot guys

In AS I got aaabb with the b's being in chemistry and biology, it really made me realise i need to focus more on them.

In these January exams I got an A and and A* in A2 chem and bio because i worked so much harder for them this year.

So yes, it is possible to achieve your target grades, whether they be ds or as, it just depends on how hard you work to get them (oh, and if the examiners are feeling generous when writing and making your paper!) :rofl:
Reply 6519
Has anyone got the JUNE 2011 BIOL5 AQA PAPER and Markscheme please?

Quick Reply

Latest