The Student Room Group

Year 10 French - how much have you learnt so far?

Hi! :smile: I'm in year 10 and I chose French for one of my options.

This year, we've learnt:

the present tense

the perfect tense

irregular verbs in the perfect tense

the perfect infinitive

reflexive verbs

time phrases (last week, etc.)

And most of the above is just revision from years 7, 8 and 9. I'm slightly worried because another class which has a different French teacher seems to be whizzing through the work - they've done extra tenses (e.g. the conditional) and they've done past papers too. My teacher goes over the same thing for ages, and last week it took the class 2 hours to mark three worksheets :s-smilie:
So basically, I was wondering what have you learnt this far? Is my class far behind or what? :eek:
Reply 1
I'd say your class is a bit behind and the other class is way ahead.

You're off to a good start, but make sure you know both future tenses, the imperfect and the modal verbs before your exams.

As for the other class, I didn't learn the conditional until AS level (apart from set phrases like "je voudrais") so I wouldn't worry about not doing the same stuff as them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by tingirl
Hi! :smile: I'm in year 10 and I chose French for one of my options.

This year, we've learnt:

the present tense

the perfect tense

irregular verbs in the perfect tense

the perfect infinitive

reflexive verbs

time phrases (last week, etc.)

And most of the above is just revision from years 7, 8 and 9. I'm slightly worried because another class which has a different French teacher seems to be whizzing through the work - they've done extra tenses (e.g. the conditional) and they've done past papers too. My teacher goes over the same thing for ages, and last week it took the class 2 hours to mark three worksheets :s-smilie:
So basically, I was wondering what have you learnt this far? Is my class far behind or what? :eek:

I did all of the above list in year 9. This year we've gone over the conditional and done the passive recently. In general we've just worked through the textbook, working on improving sentence structures and expanding vocabulary.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Oh my days in year 10 French was doss then in year 11 I worked so hard lol... caught up with everything. I think I only knew present and perfect tense verbs, though my vocab was amazingggg.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending