The Student Room Group

Mill Hill County vs St Dom's vs Watford Grammar

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'd personally go for WGBY, St Doms and then MHC
I am applying for this year. and BTW I called them and they tld me that they have places for international students so they told me i should register my self for sure.
[Thanks Andrianna and btw are my grades enough for their higher grade point or do i need more?
And thanks again :smile:
Original post by Adrianna123
Oh by the way are you applying for this September or next...?
The application deadline for this Sept has already gone...

Thanks Andrianna and btw are my grades enough for their higher grade point or do i need more?
And thanks again
Original post by maliksajwani
Thanks Andrianna and btw are my grades enough for their higher grade point or do i need more?
And thanks again

Not too sure needs to be a grade point average of 6.5
An A* is 8 points, A is 7 and so on...
Goodluck :smile:
Original post by Adrianna123
Not too sure needs to be a grade point average of 6.5
An A* is 8 points, A is 7 and so on...
Goodluck :smile:

Thanks, and can u tell me how much time it takes to get and interview call
Original post by maliksajwani
Thanks, and can u tell me how much time it takes to get and interview call

Not sure for international students cos the local ones have already done applications and interviews...
Cut out mill hill, doms and watford are way better ( i have friends at all 3 schools and ive heard a lot of the good mill hill teachers moved away to a nearby private school that opened up a year or two ago). As for the choice between watford or doms base it on whether you would work better in an environment where you're allowed to roam free and treated as a college student (st doms) or whether you work better in a more structured environment where you dont get days off and stuff (watford grammar)
Reply 68
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Haha lawlz I guess :smile:

I got accepted for Watford Grammar. Yaaaay :smile:
Original post by surb2pin
I got accepted for Watford Grammar. Yaaaay :smile:

Well done sweetz!!!!

So happy for u :biggrin:

You wont regret it!!! Shame I wont get to see you next year...

Im sure you will love it... All u need now is to get ur grades :smile:
Reply 70
Well done sweetz!!!!

So happy for u :biggrin:

You wont regret it!!! Shame I wont get to see you next year...

Im sure you will love it... All u need now is to get ur grades :smile:

Thanks, good luck with uni..... :smile: Yeaah really would hv been nice 2 meet u :frown: Gotta work super hard, btw do u get study leave at Watford? :confused:
Thanks, good luck with uni..... :smile: Yeaah really would hv been nice 2 meet u :frown: Gotta work super hard, btw do u get study leave at Watford? :confused:

Yes we do get study leave but it isnt long...

All I know is after easter we can come in late and dont have to stay in school for frees :biggrin:
Is any one left who didn't got interview call?
Reply 73
Yes we do get study leave but it isnt long...

All I know is after easter we can come in late and dont have to stay in school for frees :biggrin:

Ok thats gd :smile: Also are the girls really cliquey?..... And did they make an effort to include you when you joined or did the new girls have to try hard to fit in. Is the uniform very strict at all because I heard that it is slightly different to the other uniform bt not sure in what way it is different :confused: Also what is inside the sixth form centre and is there a common room- did you like it at all.... Sorry for asking lots of question, just really curious Thanks x :smile:
Ok thats gd :smile: Also are the girls really cliquey?..... And did they make an effort to include you when you joined or did the new girls have to try hard to fit in. Is the uniform very strict at all because I heard that it is slightly different to the other uniform bt not sure in what way it is different :confused: Also what is inside the sixth form centre and is there a common room- did you like it at all.... Sorry for asking lots of question, just really curious Thanks x :smile:

Erm depends on your year group really... And not really... Its true that you can see a lot of friendship groups already made but everyone is friends with almost everyone (With the few odd exceptions...)

Uniform is like any other uniform tbh... The only time you need to dress properly is assembly, other than that you're fine... I walk around with a random hoody all day :biggrin:

Sixth form centre: there is one classroom, two music rooms and then the common room... Upstairs there is a computer room and another room (Its called silent study n has random rules but tbh no one really cares...) There are also a few art classrooms there too...

Well in year 12 I did spend a LOT of winter term in the common room... But after that I hardly go in it... This year Ive been upstairs in the computer room or out with mates at lunch :P

Hope this is helpful :biggrin:
Reply 75
Erm depends on your year group really... And not really... Its true that you can see a lot of friendship groups already made but everyone is friends with almost everyone (With the few odd exceptions...)

Uniform is like any other uniform tbh... The only time you need to dress properly is assembly, other than that you're fine... I walk around with a random hoody all day :biggrin:

Sixth form centre: there is one classroom, two music rooms and then the common room... Upstairs there is a computer room and another room (Its called silent study n has random rules but tbh no one really cares...) There are also a few art classrooms there too...

Well in year 12 I did spend a LOT of winter term in the common room... But after that I hardly go in it... This year Ive been upstairs in the computer room or out with mates at lunch :P

Hope this is helpful :biggrin:

Thanks for ur reply, I'm just worried about friendship groups and may be excluded. I'm glad u had a good experience :smile:
Reply 76
I heard Watford Grammar Biology is too harsh because of the WJEC board? This is the only thing stopping me from going. Also has anyone got answers from St Dom's?
Reply 77
Original post by DrSL
I heard Watford Grammar Biology is too harsh because of the WJEC board? This is the only thing stopping me from going. Also has anyone got answers from St Dom's?

Yes I hv got an offer from St Doms. :smile:
Reply 78
Can anyone help me with choosing between St Doms n Watford grammar girls? I got an offer from both, dont know which one 2 pick:confused:
Original post by DrSL

Most people at Watford seem to do well with this board though, so don't completely discount it. The teaching is of a really good quality and most of my friends who did it came out with A's.

Quick Reply

Latest