The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrHappy_J
well let's hope they show it sooner than that :wink:

Yes, let's hope :smile: Until then though there'll be plenty of speculation to tide us over :yes:
Original post by bpool1994
Yes, let's hope :smile: Until then though there'll be plenty of speculation to tide us over :yes:

how long was it last time between the time they started filming and the time it was aired? that should provide an accurate estimation.
Reply 3102
Lets hope neither Benedict nor Martin achieves mega star status and price themselves out of the roles!

I don't think the BBC could afford £1 million+ each to hire them for 3 episodes.
Reply 3103
Original post by Maker
Lets hope neither Benedict nor Martin achieves mega star status and price themselves out of the roles!

I don't think the BBC could afford £1 million+ each to hire them for 3 episodes.

I think they both enjoy acting in the show so don't think they would be so arrogant as to demand such a big salary for a small show.
Cumberbatch's surprising resemblance to Otters :zomg:

Original post by Mr.Messy

cute but largely to do with expressions rather than actual resemblance.

someone said he looks like a meerkat :dontknow:

last picture is scary.
(edited 12 years ago)
"The way it works with Sherlock is that we starve you and then we give you a short burst and then we starve you again. It’s worked so far, we’re not going to change it".

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-03-20/steven-moffat-no-benedict-cumberbatch-in-doctor-who---for-now

that is very cruel, Moffat. Very cruel indeed.
Original post by Mr.Messy

Saw that on Tumblr. Love it :rofl:
ugh just read some sherlock fanfic. never going to be able to watch it in the same way again.

word of advice: do not type "is sherlock a virgin" into google.
Original post by MrHappy_J
ugh just read some sherlock fanfic. never going to be able to watch it in the same way again.

word of advice: do not type "is sherlock a virgin" into google.

You'll get used to it :wink:

Spoiler

:zomg: 2014?

I just might die of over-speculation.
Reply 3111
But they said it wouldn't be long :frown: liars.
Reply 3112
MOFFAT!!!!!!

tumblr_lywetjpKB81qju7t7o3_250.gif

Just can`t wait. Even the 2nd season isn`t aired here in Germany (we have to wait til May :mad:)

Why does this gif. not work?? Any help?
Original post by iamsuriahani
:zomg: 2014?

I just might die of over-speculation.

2013 is still on the go for season 3 :yep:....
Original post by Colonel.
For those missing Sherlock, check out Dirk Gently on iPlayer. Nearly as good and very fun with Darren Boyd and Stephen Mangan.

Ooh, yes, I love that! :biggrin:
I think it's ridiculous that the Sherlock fandom has to wait so damn long.
I can't believe someone wants to make an American Sherlock. It will be rubbish.
Original post by Paul McCartney
You'll get used to it :wink:

Spoiler

don't tempt me :colondollar:
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I think it's ridiculous that the Sherlock fandom has to wait so damn long.

:console:

Original post by Birchington
I can't believe someone wants to make an American Sherlock. It will be rubbish.

I'm a bit mixed about that. Like Moffat has said, every version of Sherlock is an adaptation, so they're well within their rights to make a modern version - it's not like it hasn't been done before. It's only a problem if they blatantly copy things which are unique to the BBC version. The thing that annoys me the most is the female Watson, really. Presumably (and I of course look forward to being proved wrong) most of the series will revolve around some kind of 'will they, won't they?', in which they inevitably will by the end. The best part about Sherlock is that it's ALL about the cases, and they haven't felt the need to include the obligatory romance storyline (which seems to be impossible to avoid in most films/series these days, however out of place).
Reply 3119
Original post by Amwazicles

I'm a bit mixed about that. Like Moffat has said, every version of Sherlock is an adaptation, so they're well within their rights to make a modern version - it's not like it hasn't been done before. It's only a problem if they blatantly copy things which are unique to the BBC version. The thing that annoys me the most is the female Watson, really. Presumably (and I of course look forward to being proved wrong) most of the series will revolve around some kind of 'will they, won't they?', in which they inevitably will by the end. The best part about Sherlock is that it's ALL about the cases, and they haven't felt the need to include the obligatory romance storyline (which seems to be impossible to avoid in most films/series these days, however out of place).

I dunno, I always think the stories/sherlock has revolved around 'will they, won't they?', and according to fanfic, they definitely do:p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending