The Student Room Group

The Edexcel M1 (16/05/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Poll

Are you also taking physics?

Okay so i saw that there wasn't a thread for this exam yet, and so ...... here we go! :colondollar:

Original post by brittanna
Here is the download link if anybody wants it:

http://www.2shared.com/file/6GU-f5fr/Mechanics_1.html

It links to a .rar file that contains all the past M1 papers from jan 2001 to jan 2012 with their mark schemes, it has all the solomon papers and markschemes and it has the M1 textbook.

Good luck everyone!!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:eek: guess it's time to start revising! Past papers here we come!

Good luck to all
Reply 2
HELPPPPPPPP ME!!! This question is hard to understand

A car travelling on a straight road slows down with constant deceleration. The car passes a road sign with speed 40 km h^-1 and a post box with seed of 24 km h^-1. The distance between the road sign and the post box is 240m, Find, in ms^-2, the deceleration of the car.

Could you explain this please, with every step.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Got a C in it first time round, but after doing M2, it seems a lot easier :smile: good luck to everyone doing it!
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Maths
Got a C in it first time round, but after doing M2, it seems a lot easier :smile: good luck to everyone doing it!

Are you retaking then?
Thanks for the luck, I'll take it with me :smile:
Does anyone know where I can get the Edexcel M1 Solution Bank? CD doesn't work, www.sci2.co.uk doesn't work, freaking out. Can't do vectors at all
Reply 6
Original post by MrLuketastic
Does anyone know where I can get the Edexcel M1 Solution Bank? CD doesn't work, www.sci2.co.uk doesn't work, freaking out. Can't do vectors at all

Check your inbox. I think there might be a link on the site.
Reply 7
Original post by MrLuketastic

High 5 I can't do them as well and I have done C4 already and I'm doing FP3 in June I am doomed ¬¬ The moments and vector questions throw me off all the time this is my 3rd time taking the exam. I got 69 ums in M1 and cannot beat it ¬¬ I have resorted to joining 2 AS classes just to learn the bloody things and they wont stay in my head :/

EDIT: I can do moments it's just that I misread them all the time :L I got 0/10 in the exam I got 69 ums in for the moments question :colondollar: I misread that the reaction at both points were equal :L
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by VictorDeLost
Are you retaking then?
Thanks for the luck, I'll take it with me :smile:

Yep I'm resitting it lol
Reply 9
Original post by ME RASHED

A car travelling on a straight road slows down with constant deceleration. The car passes a road sign with speed 40 km h^-1 and a post box with seed of 24 km h^-1. The distance between the road sign and the post box is 240m, Find, in ms^-2, the deceleration of the car.

I think first you have to change the kmh^-1 to m/s^-1 as you want to find acceleration in terms of ms^-2.

Draw a diagram to show the two points, labelling u, v and s. Then, you can use the v^2 = u^2 + 2as, rearranging to find a = in order to find deceleration :smile: hope that helps!
Reply 10
Past papers past papers past papers.
Reply 11
Original post by Olive123
Past papers past papers past papers.

haha i know right :/ but i always get stumped when they write the question confusingly :frown: i mean its maths not english right! :tongue:
Reply 12
Subscribing. I am pretty bad at moments and tension questions... :frown:
Original post by ME RASHED

SUVAT, also draw a diagram.

I'll be doing this exam. Some questions can be quite tricky. :redface:
ain't even finished vectors yet calm down.
I can't remember which paper it was, but i found one of Jan 2001, june 2001, jan 2002 or june 2002 very difficult and so would recommend doing it. The vectors question especially i found difficult. And remember to do the Solomon papers as well.
Original post by VictorDeLost
Check your inbox. I think there might be a link on the site.

can you send me the link to? :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by wam-bam
haha i know right :/ but i always get stumped when they write the question confusingly :frown: i mean its maths not english right! :tongue:

I knooow mechanics questions are long aswel great big paragraphs rather annoying.

Latest

Trending

Trending