The Student Room Group

The AQA AS Level Spanish revision thread

Scroll to see replies

how'd it go lads.
I thought it was okay. Bit annoyed the normal numbers question didn't come up in the listening. Also, the essay was okay but there were a few tricky ones in the reading. Grammar was quite hard. Anyone else?
Reply 22
soooooooo easy i dont know why they make their exams so easy. why u all so dumb
Reply 23
Original post by john_bishop1
I thought it was okay. Bit annoyed the normal numbers question didn't come up in the listening. Also, the essay was okay but there were a few tricky ones in the reading. Grammar was quite hard. Anyone else?

Same here, I was really annoyed there was no numbers question, that's normally my favourite bit hahah. I didn't like the question on Tenerife and a lot of the questions were very ambiguous in the listening (particularly the true/false/not mentioned exercise). I thought the grammar was OK, did the essay on holidays which I quite liked. Which essay did you do?
Reply 24
Original post by liviluck
Same here, I was really annoyed there was no numbers question, that's normally my favourite bit hahah. I didn't like the question on Tenerife and a lot of the questions were very ambiguous in the listening (particularly the true/false/not mentioned exercise). I thought the grammar was OK, did the essay on holidays which I quite liked. Which essay did you do?

Yeah second this, the answers were ridiculously ambiguous... for the Tenerife thing from what I can remember i think the answers were A, C, the last three and something else...
Reply 25
Original post by Kellettwm
Yeah second this, the answers were ridiculously ambiguous... for the Tenerife thing from what I can remember i think the answers were A, C, the last three and something else...

I can't remember exactly what letters I wrote but might recognise the question words and answers I put if anyone can recall those? I think I did put A and C though :smile: because I remember ticking them along the side first before writing them down and I can sort of remember where the ticks were! The good parent thing was particularly ambiguous.
I can't remember exactly what letters I wrote but might recognise the question words and answers I put if anyone can recall those? I think I did put A and C though :smile: because I remember ticking them along the side first before writing them down and I can sort of remember where the ticks were! The good parent thing was particularly ambiguous.

Urghhh I put A, C whatever else I put then crossed everything out and put C first :frown:

YEAH, it was, like when it asked whether parents should play sports with their kids... I dunno DX It was ambiguous.
I wasn't really sure if the letters (as mentioned above) were meant to be put in correct order? I just wrote them in any order..

Were they? :s-smilie:
Reply 28
Original post by Notorious.
I wasn't really sure if the letters (as mentioned above) were meant to be put in correct order? I just wrote them in any order..

Were they? :s-smilie:

I think (from previous mark schemes etc.) they can be in any order so don't worry:smile:
I think (from previous mark schemes etc.) they can be in any order so don't worry:smile:

Hallelujah, from the way people were going on here I though I may have lost a lot of marks. Thanks for saving me some sleep tonight haha. :colondollar:
Hated the tenerife and the parents question :s-smilie: what did you guys put for the Michael Jackson one... the 3rd/4th one down which said he threw his child...? the transcript said that he seemed to throw the child... it was really ambiguous! I think I may have put false :confused:

But all in all not a bad paper :yep:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Hated the tenerife and the parents question :s-smilie: what did you guys put for the Michael Jackson one... the 3rd/4th one down which said he threw his child...? the transcript said that he seemed to throw the child... it was really ambiguous! I think I may have put false :confused:

But all in all not a bad paper :yep:

In the MJ one didn't it say he held it from a "ventana" - window - but in the listening it said "balcon" - I said false here too.
Reply 32
did anyone here do the writing question on the Internet? i wrote about advantages and disadvantages of the internet, and tried to relate it back to the question but i'm worried that i didn't answer the actual question well enough :s-smilie:
Reply 33
Original post by Birkatron
I'm resiting the exam from last year, I would say definitely make an essay plan no matter how good the question is or how confident you feel make one for sure, last year I stupidly picked the most horrible essay ever about "¿hay un edad mayor para tener un bebe?" I literally have no idea what i was thinking. Also vocab is the main thing to learn there are bound to be one or two words that you don't know last year mine was "estrecha", I had no idea it meant narrow and subsequently lost a mark. Also learn verbs because the gap fills are sometimes tricky.

hope that helped :smile:

As for my speaking resit. literally dreading it.

I did that past paper! That one was a toughie. No! Always do the media essays haha :laugh: I would never even attempt that question :p:

Original post by Notorious.
In the MJ one didn't it say he held it from a "ventana" - window - but in the listening it said "balcon" - I said false here too.

Crap! I didn't notice that :/ I got that one wrong then. Ah this has worried me because I thought it went okay but some of my friends (who are better at Spanish than me) found it hard. So I've probably screwed up loads :s-smilie: I did the internet question. What a posh way to say 'what are the pros and cons of the internet?' lol :laugh: A 'to what extent' question in Spanish! I panicked for a second before I realised what it was asking.

I found the 10 phrases grammar part okay actually. I'm really worried now that I've screwed it up and didn't realise :/
Reply 34
Original post by zingo
did anyone here do the writing question on the Internet? i wrote about advantages and disadvantages of the internet, and tried to relate it back to the question but i'm worried that i didn't answer the actual question well enough :s-smilie:

I feel like that. I did the exact same :smile:
Reply 35
Hey, I did the paper today too, and the questions I struggled with were the MJ one, think I lost 3 or 4 marks on that looking back, and the Tenerife one too, but I remember the letters I chose were C H A L K E haha! I also did the internet essay, and basically said personally, I didnt agree... but gave the advantages and disadvantages :smile: I think that answered the questions!
Maybe if people found the paper quite tricky the grade boundaries will be lower, does anyone know if they calculate them based on the average marks etc or are they set before we take the exam?
Reply 36
oho this was a nice paper compared to my original last year :smile: Tenerife question was still pretty sneaky! Grammar wasn't too bad, and yes I put falso for the Micheal Jackson one as it said something like "it seemed like he was about the throw his baby over the balcony", but the question bit said "he threw is baby". Did the essay on are we obsessed with our image. All in all sound :smile:.
Reply 37
Can someone please tell me what the Tenerife question was on? I can't remember it at all! I can remember hearing the word 'Tenerife' because it was pronounced 'Tenerif-ay' which I found amusing but can't remember the rest of it.
to be honest, i cant remember what i put, but i remember loving the Slumdog Millionaire question, as i could just use my knowledge of the film!

And the tenerife question was a bit awkward.. i wont be-heading there any time soon :biggrin:
Is there anyone taking this exam this year? (14th May) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest