The Student Room Group

Woman beaten to death in America for wearing a hijab

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Iqbal007
"About a week ago, the woman's family had received a separate, similar note that read:

"You're a terrorist. You should move back to your country," Hayder Al-Zayadi, a friend of the family, told the Free Press."

"I found her on the floor...in her own blood with a letter next to hear head saying go back to your country you terrorist," Fatima Al Himidi, told 10News, a TV station serving the San Diego area. "

There's the evidence so far........nor is there any signs of her husband in the press so far or any other motivations......there is nothing to admit, from what the news has told us.

Cos i'm highlighting the media coverage there is in California, they have hollywood, also have one the biggest economies as a state.
It doesn't matter how far away it is, but it should be shown here to show people of what could happen if we don't take precautions such as the Zimmerman case.

Well look at the media, it brings out cases which they believe will bring in numbers, thats all they care about.

Dont you think this will bring in numbers too? Its quite a shocking story.

Where is the letter, has he handed it to the police or is it just true because he says so? (just playing devils advocate here).

Hollywood isnt California. Lol. Its a pretty big place.
Reply 81
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
But then if it was a honour killing - they wouldn't leave the body for the daughter because honour killings are usually done by a family member/spouse - therefore they would protect the daughter rather than leave the body for the daughter to find.

Just take the evidence and look at it rationally, rather than form a conclusion first and use the evidence to explain it.

At the moment we can only presume this is a hate crime. It is a horrible, upsetting, disaster.

However is it more than a one off occurrence? No, not really. Iqbal is acting like it is a new epidemic and muslims are being slaughtered everywhere in the west.
Reply 82
Original post by Chloe xxx
Dont you think this will bring in numbers too? Its quite a shocking story.

Where is the letter, has he handed it to the police or is it just true because he says so? (just playing devils advocate here).

Hollywood isnt California. Lol. Its a pretty big place.

It's a shocking story, yes.........but the media isn't generally for Muslims in many cases like the DailyMail which constantly highlights the wrongs some Muslim's do, then blames the entire community.

Check the link, and it was notes, so its quite obvious.

Regardless, it shows that California has a large media outlet
which from looks of it looks very likely it could be an 'honor killing' disguised as a hate crime.

How the hell could it be "very likely"
At the moment we can only presume this is a hate crime. It is a horrible, upsetting, disaster.

However is it more than a one off occurrence? No, not really. Iqbal is acting like it is a new epidemic and muslims are being slaughtered everywhere in the west.

Well that's exactly what I'm trying to say, I'm not saying that it is for definite a hate crime but that is what the evidence points towards moreso than a honour killing.

It is more than a one-off occurence, do you honestly believe that after 9/11 that no muslim is ever going to get targeted :s-smilie: this is taken (from a not really reputable source I have to say) but it did happen:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_WHbJaoFjYrsEoH2jzSmveP;jsessionid=3A39F34817F4EB749B99E971EB13A40F

It's nothing new. But it's incredibly frustrating when people like yourself to paint over it with 'oh it's a cover up for a honour killing' rather than accept that is was most likely a hate crime. Just like now that the American army is claiming the soldier that killed those innocents in Afganistan was insane... sure...

But might stop googling as:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by de_monies
How the hell could it be "very likely"

Because she could have been killed for shaming the family and the terrorist notes used as a cover up. Note all evidence at the moment is coming from 'the family' whom coincidently are ALWAYS at the centre of these honour killings. Its pretty obvious isnt it? To avoid the death penalty often given out in the US for this sort of thing, pretend it was an attack by the evil western islamaphobes. Why would the apologetic left wing west think any different?

This is in theoretical context by the way, I do believe she was the victim of a hate crime at this moment in time.
Original post by meggs
But this did get me thinking... Have you ever seen a hindu terriorest?? or a Buddiest terrioust? Perhaps that is the reason why people are so prejudis towards muslims....

I've seen plenty of white terrorists. I guess that's why nobody likes white people. See how stupid that sounds? Get a clue, kid.
The evidence doesnt say otherwise at all. It looks very likely that it could be an honour killing cover up case. I knew you wouldnt admit this

You keep saying that it's very likely, but you don't provide reasons

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying its a possibility.

Any thing is a possibility, and someone above explained why it's very UNlikely that it's an honour killing

What about all the hushed up abuse of young girls for years that has been kept quiet by its very own left wing British media, eh? :rolleyes:

"Hushed up abuse" Sex crimes still apparently make up 3% of all crimes. Only in 2011-2012 have newspapers realised that "Muslim" "sex gangs" make a good headline

It's obviously a bad thing, however it's not an either/or case. You can have empathy for both types of people y'know. Not just have empathy for the Muslim lady or the victims of sex crimes...
Reply 88
It's a shocking story, yes.........but the media isn't generally for Muslims in many cases like the DailyMail which constantly highlights the wrongs some Muslim's do, then blames the entire community.

Check the link, and it was notes, so its quite obvious.

Regardless, it shows that California has a large media outlet

Maybe it will be more widely reported in the coming days?

I'd say the BBC are quite for muslims and The Guardian, do you not think they'll report it? I imagine they will.
Because she could have been killed for shaming the family and the terrorist notes used as a cover up. Note all evidence at the moment is coming from 'the family' whom coincidently are ALWAYS at the centre of these honour killings. Its pretty obvious isnt it? To avoid the death penalty often given out in the US for this sort of thing, pretend it was an attack by the evil western islamaphobes. Why would the apologetic left wing west think any different?

This is in theoretical context by the way, I do believe she was the victim of a hate crime at this moment in time.

Bloody hell. Did you even read the above, which explained why it would be unlikely that she was a victim of honour killings. I've never heard of an honour killing, involving a hijabi or showing her body to her daughter.... :rolleyes:
Ok, so one person who says he is 'Muslim' then goes around committing sins against his faith.......so thats a good enough reason to hate Muslims..........that is just stupidity, if you got to hate someone, hate the individual for it not others.

Ok I was not clear enough, but for the vast majority of people, all they will see is that a horrible crime was commited by a Muslim.
I for myself, am not hating islam for this, but unfortunately most people will.

Way to fire up prejudices!
Reply 91
You keep saying that it's very likely, but you don't provide reasons

Any thing is a possibility, and someone above explained why it's very UNlikely that it's an honour killing

"Hushed up abuse" Sex crimes still apparently make up 3% of all crimes. Only in 2011-2012 have newspapers realised that "Muslim" "sex gangs" make a good headline

It's obviously a bad thing, however it's not an either/or case. You can have empathy for both types of people y'know. Not just have empathy for the Muslim lady or the victims of sex crimes...

I know that, I was referring to Iqbals reaction to this compared to his reaction to white victims of 'muslims' or foreigners.

Theres also been a disgusting racist slur on here to the point of 'I hate white people, i bet it dem dat did this'.

Oh but thats acceptable, dont see you shouting racism at them which you would if someone shouted I hate pakis or I hate all muslims. That rarely goes down on threads about sex gangs, decent arguments are put forward to back up opinions, often with sources yet no, that is also downright racist.

My previous post explained why it may be an honour cover up. Ive already stated I'm not making generalisations, my heart goes out to the poor womans family, I hope she is at peace.
Reply 92
Bloody hell. Did you even read the above, which explained why it would be unlikely that she was a victim of honour killings. I've never heard of an honour killing, involving a hijabi or showing her body to her daughter.... :rolleyes:

None of that makes sense. Please explain further.

Where does it state it was because she was wearing hiijab? Apparently they were getting 'terrorist' letters a week beforehand. Wouldnt that mean a hatred for muslims rather than an attack just because she was wearing hijab?
[QUOTE="xxx;36880721" Chloe="Chloe"]

Oh but thats acceptable, dont see you shouting racism at them which you would if someone shouted I hate pakis or I hate all muslims./quote]
IIRC, that post was deleted and was only mentioned in a quote? Regardless, I report racism, whoever it's directed towards

That rarely goes down on threads about sex gangs, decent arguments are put forward to back up opinions, often with sources yet no, that is also downright racist.

No one accuses someone of racism if it's from a credible paper, but people might if they take their source from the EDL, or Jihadwatch or something like that

My previous post explained why it may be an honour cover up. Ive already stated I'm not making generalisations, my heart goes out to the poor womans family, I hope she is at peace.

Then why the hell even put that forward. Any thing is a possibility. Only one chain of events is certain. There's a possibility that she committed suicide and left a note, yet no one puts that one forward (because it's about as BS as your possibility)

There's a possibility that armed robbers did it. There's a possibility that she was killed because she failed to give something up etc... etc...
Reply 94
[QUOTE="de_monies;36880819"]

Oh but thats acceptable, dont see you shouting racism at them which you would if someone shouted I hate pakis or I hate all muslims./quote]
IIRC, that post was deleted and was only mentioned in a quote? Regardless, I report racism, whoever it's directed towards

No one accuses someone of racism if it's from a credible paper, but people might if they take their source from the EDL, or Jihadwatch or something like that

Then why the hell even put that forward. Any thing is a possibility. Only one chain of events is certain. There's a possibility that she committed suicide and left a note, yet no one puts that one forward (because it's about as BS as your possibility)

There's a possibility that armed robbers did it. There's a possibility that she was killed because she failed to give something up etc... etc...

It would be fairly obvious by her injuries she didnt commit suicide. Unless she paid someone to beat her to death.

People try these tactics to cover up murders all the time, open your eyes a bit.
None of that makes sense. Please explain further.

Where does it state it was because she was wearing hiijab? Apparently they were getting 'terrorist' letters a week beforehand. Wouldnt that mean a hatred for muslims rather than an attack just because she was wearing hijab?

And... you haven't even read the original article have you:

'Shaima wore a hijab, an Islamic headscarf. When she received the earlier threatening note, she ignored it, assuming it was a harmless joke, her daughter said.'

Also you're just contradicting yourself - wearing a hijab makes you more of a target for an Islamphobe because you're wearing a religious piece of clothing which sorta screams out 'I'm muslim' and it's not really a secret how many people associate the word 'terrorist' as synonymous for 'Muslim'.
Im not going to bother saying anything in this Crap website. Anything i say which is pure sarcasm ends up me getting a warning. For Crying out loud! i already have nine warnings in one week.

For this women a i can say is. Why live in America? with all the warnings you received, you should have told the authorities or even find out about the suspects.

Justice needs to be served!!

It would be fairly obvious by her injuries she didnt commit suicide. Unless she paid someone to beat her to death.

People try these tactics to cover up murders all the time, open your eyes a bit.

Do you really fail to see what I'm getting at? Theirs a possibility that any thing could have happened. That possibility is as absurd as your possibility.
Let's stick with what the officials say, than say it's possibly this etc... (even when the evidence points otherwise)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 98
Alright, I'm just going to quickly clarify things, and then I'm outta here.

I know this family, I've known them very well for years. They did not deserve what has happened to them

1. This is not an HONOR KILLING. They are a very happy, content family. Wonderful people, who were just busy living their own lives, minding their own business.

2. People ask where is the father in all of this? It was 11am when the attack happened, so he took the kids to school, went to run some errands, and the mother was home alone. So it cannot be the father (ps this man loved her, he really loved her). And the (local) media has interviewed the father, and he is just...absolutely devastated.

3. I do think this is a hate crime. I've lived in California for 18 years and nothing like this has EVER happened. Lately there has been some animosity, I don't know why. But I hope they catch this guy.

Oh, I've noticed people saying this is might be the acts of a white person. But the neighbors say they saw an African American running away from their home. So...
Reply 99
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
And... you haven't even read the original article have you:

'Shaima wore a hijab, an Islamic headscarf. When she received the earlier threatening note, she ignored it, assuming it was a harmless joke, her daughter said.'

Also you're just contradicting yourself - wearing a hijab makes you more of a target for an Islamphobe because you're wearing a religious piece of clothing which sorta screams out 'I'm muslim' and it's not really a secret how many people associate the word 'terrorist' as synonymous for 'Muslim'.

The hijab was probably the reason they knew she was muslim. They obviously hate muslims, so targeted her for that reason, not because she was wearing hijab. Hence the terrorist go back to your own country. Nothing about religious clothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending