The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
log in, go to maps and forms, then download forms, the fsac candidate guide - all in there.
Original post by monkeyl
urgh. Just got my feedback report. My score was shockingly bad. Pretty awful! I did much worse on everything than I thought (or at least, everything that I thought had gone relatively OK). At least I will know what they are looking for if I decide to apply again though although I doubt there is much point, nobody improves that much.

14-17 this year for me :smile: I really really should have got more, but significantly messed up one part of the FSAC. You haven't got anything to lose by applying, so I'd say go for it :cool:
richardp2020 - do u mean you got 14.17 this year?
14 last year, 17 this year.
Reply 1944
Original post by richardp2020
14 last year, 17 this year.

Have you got through on 17 this year then?
Through on TiB, whether 17 will be enough for GFS, who knows :confused:
Reply 1946
Hey guys,

I must be on one of the final FSACs then ... I have mine this week!

Can honestly say I'm absolutely petrified about the policy recommendation exercise. I graduated with honours 4 years ago -- it's been a while since I've had to compare and contrast in such a way!

Fingers crossed for everyone who's still awaiting their results, or has theirs this week :-)
Reply 1947
Yet another Monday comes after a weekend free of constant checking. This is the 11th Monday that I've had to endure since my fsac back on 12th Jan...and still "awaiting results"! Its getting very boring now :frown: On the plus side at least the end is in sight, I had hoped they'd do an update today though as we're so close to the last assessment day they must have some narrowings.

Anybody who's had the successful/unsuccessful update - did you get a text message, email or just a message via the fast stream website?
Message via the Fast Stream website. They do send an e-mail telling you that you have a message, but the way the system seems to work is that they'll send you message at some point during the day, but only send you an e-mail letting you know you have a message at the end of that day if that makes sense.
Reply 1949
Original post by richardp2020
Message via the Fast Stream website. They do send an e-mail telling you that you have a message, but the way the system seems to work is that they'll send you message at some point during the day, but only send you an e-mail letting you know you have a message at the end of that day if that makes sense.

Oh thanks, so it is useful checking the fs website! Just a couple of the other stages I got a text message so I thought this may be the same, everytime its a certain time of day and I get a message I think its off them lol
Original post by rach2012

Anybody who's had the successful/unsuccessful update - did you get a text message, email or just a message via the fast stream website?

I didn't get any text or email my application was just updated so I I hadn't checked the website I would still be none the wiser!
I'm hoping that they will update at least some today! Though I have a feeling that as it is so close to the end they might just wait until next week to update everyone left instead of two updates.
Original post by schick_88
I'm hoping that they will update at least some today! Though I have a feeling that as it is so close to the end they might just wait until next week to update everyone left instead of two updates.

Thats what I'm thinking. I'd love an update today. but if i have to wait a week, at least its only another week!
Reply 1953
I didn't get any emails or texts at all - I had both after getting through the online rounds then nothing since! I'm through for Central Departments but still waiting on Diplomatic Service though so they might not send anything until you've got an answer for all the options you applied to. Good luck everyone, hope you get the answers you want :smile:
If you read your message before the end of the day, you won't get an e-mail. The system seems to check at the end of the day if you have unread messages or not and if you do send you an e-mail letting you know.
Ok so I emailed and called about holidays and start dates.

Basically, you can put down dates from when you are free on your Departmental Assignment Form. They will then take this, and other factors (preferences, score, background) into account when assigning you a spot.

Different departments have different starting dates during September and October and different induction processes.

I was specifically asking about starting mid October to which they replied that while I would definitely get a spot, I would only be assigned to departments which would have posts then. So you wouldn't be assigned to a department that starts in September. Obviously the more popular ones fill up quickly but the connection between that and starting dates is still unclear. It depends basically.

Anyway, I'm going to rearrange my hols so I'm back end of September instead and won't book anything until/if I get through the DS board.

:smile:
Reply 1956
Original post by shellybean01
I didn't get any text or email my application was just updated so I I hadn't checked the website I would still be none the wiser!

Same. No e-comms unlike for the other 2 stages.
Original post by more tea vicar?
Ok so I emailed and called about holidays and start dates.

Basically, you can put down dates from when you are free on your Departmental Assignment Form. They will then take this, and other factors (preferences, score, background) into account when assigning you a spot.

Different departments have different starting dates during September and October and different induction processes.

I was specifically asking about starting mid October to which they replied that while I would definitely get a spot, I would only be assigned to departments which would have posts then. So you wouldn't be assigned to a department that starts in September. Obviously the more popular ones fill up quickly but the connection between that and starting dates is still unclear. It depends basically.

Anyway, I'm going to rearrange my hols so I'm back end of September instead and won't book anything until/if I get through the DS board.

Thanks for that, if I do get a job, I plan on taking a big holiday before I start. I somehow doubt it will be easy to get time off once you start, I was actually considering around the same times as you :cool:
Reply 1958
Original post by more tea vicar?

Bear it in mind that if you get through to the DS board and then pass that too, you may need to be around for at least a decent length of time before the start date, for security checks.
If anyones interested I got 17.76 for my FSAC and was immediately successful for central departments and unsuccessful after some time for DS.

The report was far more positive than I had expected it to be and weirdly the worst bit was the best. So odd!

For anyone who is making decisions about central department choices, the options seem to be really vague, areas rather than departments. Culture sport and media department-any idea what area that might be in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending