The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing applicants 2011-2012

Hi all
I just thought they should be a thread for all TSR forum members who applied for Mental Health for entry in 2011 or even 2012 really.So please feel free to post your comments and where you have been accepted or applied at in this thread.
I have applied to 4 universities which are Chester,Bradford,Worcester and Staffordshire for 2012 entry.
Currently doing a Access diploma in Health and currently geting a Few merits and Distinctions.I have a few years experience in the caring field and other areas.
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think you mean 2012, 2013? People who've gone for 2011 entry have already started their course :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anni19
I think you mean 2012, 2013? People who've gone for 2011 entry have already started their course :smile:

oh yes you right Anni19 should have put 2012-2013 instead lol
Reply 3
Hello,

I'm currently studying an access course and hoping to go on to do Mental Health Nursing - ive applied to both Northumbria and Teeside - my first interview is next week - so rather nervous !
Reply 4
Hi all,

I sent off my application yesterday to do Mental Health Nursing at Birmingham City (1st choice), Coventry, Leicester De Montfort or Worcester. Really excited!

All the best
Laura
Reply 5
i've applied for glam, swansea and cardiff but haven't heard anything yet it's so annoying i hope they hurry up lol x
Reply 6
Original post by Flutterby78
Hello,

I'm currently studying an access course and hoping to go on to do Mental Health Nursing - ive applied to both Northumbria and Teeside - my first interview is next week - so rather nervous !

I am sure you be fine Flutterby78,obviously they liked what they read on ur application form to shortlist u.I wish you all the best in your forthcoming interviews :smile:
Reply 7
Got a interview for salford for mental health in sept anyone had theres there? Help
Hi all,

I have applied to cardiff, swansea and uni glam to study childrens nursing and midwifery. However i do no have maths or science gcse at grade C, i only have D grades. i have application of number level 2 key skill and also a nvq in childrens care learning and develoment. I am also currently studying a foundation degree in childhood studies that will be completed in april 2012. Has anybody got on a nursing/midwifery course without C grade GCSEs. I am considering doing an online access course through the distance learning centre but have found that cardiff does not accept online access courses. Does anybody know if uni glam would accept this for next year if i am unsuccessful. I have been unsuccessful in cardiff uni but have not heard back from swansea and uni glam.

Many Thanks

Clare
Reply 9
Hey I've applied to do mental health nursing at Surrey, Southampton, Staffordshire, UWE and Middlesex :smile: I've had an offer from Surrey and Southampton! Waiting to hear back from Staffordshire and interviews for the other two next month :smile: anyone else applied to these unis?
Hello,

Hi im going to study mental health nursing at Northumbria as well, how did you do?
Reply 11
Original post by clarewelsh86
Hi all,

I have applied to cardiff, swansea and uni glam to study childrens nursing and midwifery. However i do no have maths or science gcse at grade C, i only have D grades. i have application of number level 2 key skill and also a nvq in childrens care learning and develoment. I am also currently studying a foundation degree in childhood studies that will be completed in april 2012. Has anybody got on a nursing/midwifery course without C grade GCSEs. I am considering doing an online access course through the distance learning centre but have found that cardiff does not accept online access courses. Does anybody know if uni glam would accept this for next year if i am unsuccessful. I have been unsuccessful in cardiff uni but have not heard back from swansea and uni glam.

Many Thanks

Clare

Hiya, you need GCSE for Midwifery, but for most nursing courses the key skills equivalent is fine - apparently this is changing for some places next year. I would suggest a year long Access course instead of an online course.

I've been offered a conditional at LJMU, very excited! Waiting to hear back from Salford interview but think I am going to go to LJMU :smile:
Original post by Anthshepherd
Hi im going to study mental health nursing at Northumbria as well, how did you do?

Hi There,

I'm glad to find someone else that's doing Mental Health at Northumbria too !!

Things went well with my interviews at both Northumbria and Teesside and i've received offers for both Uni's !

I've put my confirmed choice on Northumbria and my Insurance on Teesside - but Northumbria is pretty much definitely where i'm heading lol !!

What intake have you been offered ? I'm on September intake x
Hi There,

I'm glad to find someone else that's doing Mental Health at Northumbria too !!

Things went well with my interviews at both Northumbria and Teesside and i've received offers for both Uni's !

I've put my confirmed choice on Northumbria and my Insurance on Teesside - but Northumbria is pretty much definitely where i'm heading lol !!

What intake have you been offered ? I'm on September intake x

Hey hey im going to northumbria, and im starting in september, might see you there :tongue: where you at the open day a few weeks ago? x
Reply 14
I have applied to do Mental Health nursing at Northumbria university and hope to go there in September. Is anyone waiting to hear from any universities this late into the process?
Reply 15
Ive got into nottingham and DMU so far, still waiting to hear back from northampton
Reply 16
Original post by sharky551
I have applied to do Mental Health nursing at Northumbria university and hope to go there in September. Is anyone waiting to hear from any universities this late into the process?

Hi! I applied mid-January and have heard back from Bradford (couldn't make the interview date they offered me at the beginning of March and they told me it was their last one) and have interviews for York, Leeds and King's College this month. Heard back from those three mid-February and March. I have yet to hear back from Huddersfield, but not holding out too much hope.

If you have a look on UCAS, there are plenty of courses with an x by them, indicating that they're accepting applicants through UCAS Extra. So there are still places to be had. :smile:
Reply 17
hey :smile:

I applied to Cardiff, Glamorgan, Swansea, UWE and Worcester.

I So far have been rejected from UWE :frown:
I have offers from cardiff and glam :smile:
Still waiting to hear from my interview at Swansea.
And im going to withdraw from Worcester.
Reply 18
Hi i have unsuccessful at Cardiff and Glamorgan but still waiting from Swansea just wondering if anyone else has heard from swansea? getting really frustrated now :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by bibliochic
Hi! I applied mid-January and have heard back from Bradford (couldn't make the interview date they offered me at the beginning of March and they told me it was their last one) and have interviews for York, Leeds and King's College this month. Heard back from those three mid-February and March. I have yet to hear back from Huddersfield, but not holding out too much hope.

If you have a look on UCAS, there are plenty of courses with an x by them, indicating that they're accepting applicants through UCAS Extra. So there are still places to be had. :smile:

Thaaanks :smile: i heard back from all of them now so just need the grades. I live in York! its a good university apparently, but if you are coming for a good time the night life is pretty dull :/ i can't wait to get away :wink: where do you think you are going to go?

Quick Reply