The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
I got an offer today for BM5, email through track at 09:45. I am a mature student and was interviewed.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, they are still giving out offers!
My son got rejected today, BM5!! :frown:
He's on a gap year so already has A levels.
Lots of work experience and UKCAT score 735.
Did not get interviewed,
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2982
Has anyone started to apply for accommodation yet? Anyone going for Glen Erye halls? :biggrin:
Reply 2983
Someone should create a "Medics' Southampton 2012 entry" Facebook group!

For those who are firming of course :smile:
Do you guys know when Southampton stops giving out offers? I need to know when to lose hope!
Reply 2985
Original post by madm
Someone should create a "Medics' Southampton 2012 entry" Facebook group!

For those who are firming of course :smile:

There already is one 'Southampton medicine freshers 2012'
Reply 2986
Original post by WedgeDoctor
Do you guys know when Southampton stops giving out offers? I need to know when to lose hope!

I understand it is the 31st March. That is what they have said via email and phone.
Reply 2987
Offer!! Good luck to the rest of you who are still having to wait!
Reply 2988
Original post by eaglo602
Offer!! Good luck to the rest of you who are still having to wait!

when did you get the offer? surely not today?
Reply 2989
Original post by GabbiWS
when did you get the offer? surely not today?

ahh yeah I got it about two weeks ago
Reply 2990
Original post by eaglo602
ahh yeah I got it about two weeks ago

ahh cool :biggrin: congrats btw!
Reply 2991
Fingers crossed everyone. Southampton has said repeatedly this is the last week for giving out offers/rejections so fingers crossed for you all! I know too well the waiting game sucks.

Good luck!
Reply 2992
Still waiting, BM5, apparently they separate all applicants into groups of 100 and pick 13 out of every 100. Lets see if anyone gets lucky today...
Reply 2993
Original post by catie25
Still waiting, BM5, apparently they separate all applicants into groups of 100 and pick 13 out of every 100. Lets see if anyone gets lucky today...

Just wondering, did you get that info direct from Soton? I'd heard it was maybe 10 per pile of 100.
Good luck to everyone still waiting:smile:
Reply 2994
Original post by fuzzycat
Just wondering, did you get that info direct from Soton? I'd heard it was maybe 10 per pile of 100.
Good luck to everyone still waiting:smile:

I heard it from a friend who also applied to medicine, not Southampton though. Who knows?

Have you heard from them yet?
Just got some detailed feedback from them, Was a bit surprised that they said they treated my application as a mature non grad(wasnt expecting that coz im still under 21). So i would have beeen interviewed. U needed 28( out of; i dont know) and i got 26. Pretty close :tongue:
Reply 2996
Original post by sachinisgod
Just got some detailed feedback from them, Was a bit surprised that they said they treated my application as a mature non grad(wasnt expecting that coz im still under 21). So i would have beeen interviewed. U needed 28( out of; i dont know) and i got 26. Pretty close :tongue:

can i ask how old you are? i'm a reapplicant under 21, hoping i'm not classed as mature non grad..
Reply 2997
sachinisgod:

sorry that you were unsuccessful but so close! It helps if your're going to reapply though!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2998
Original post by catie25
sorry that you were unsuccessful but so close! It helps if your're going to reapply though!

i'm still waiting, BM5 Gap yearer but wondering how old you have to be to be classed at "mature"
Original post by GabbiWS
can i ask how old you are? i'm a reapplicant under 21, hoping i'm not classed as mature non grad..

im 20, will turn 21 in the summer. Maybe it makes sense coz ill be 21 when the course starts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending