The Student Room Group

Should I end our friendship?

Basically one of my good friends is a girl who i'm really into. I've told her how i feel about her and she's cool with it even though she doesn't feel the same way back. I've also told her how it really pisses me off when she gets with like 5 different guys in a night (yes, i know it's her decision at the end of the day).

Yesterday we went out clubbing, i was dancing with her and then this guy we know comes along and she start's getting off with him in front of me. She's always telling me how she thinks this guy is a total creep, yet she'll go and do that with him. Is this her being selfish or me just being jealous?

The other thing I've noticed is that I can do so many things for her but in return she won't do the same back. I kind of now feel that she's just using me as a friend when she wants to but at other times I'm just thrown into the background. I genuinely don't know what do do cos I care about her so much but maybe I'm just being taken advantage of.
Reply 1
I've recently been in your situation and it really is awful. She sounds like she is playing you a bit and winding you up. The best thing is to take a break from her and see how it goes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Friend-zone level 75 unlocked.

Original post by Anonymous

The other thing I've noticed is that I can do so many things for her but in return she won't do the same back. I kind of now feel that she's just using me as a friend when she wants to but at other times I'm just thrown into the background.

No **** Sherlock.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I know exactly how you feel mate i'm in the same boat as you atm :/
Reply 4
I defo think I need to at least take a break from her and see where things go from there. Maybe she will start doing things for me so i'm no longer the one chasing after her all the time.
Reply 5
Plenty of fish.

Get another girl.

Simples.
I defo think I need to at least take a break from her and see where things go from there. Maybe she will start doing things for me so i'm no longer the one chasing after her all the time.

If you think friendships are based upon what and how much you do for each other than you need to look up the definition of "friendship".

Other than that, you're making the right choice by getting shot of her for a bit.
Reply 7
Original post by Drunk Punx
If you think friendships are based upon what and how much you do for each other than you need to look up the definition of "friendship".

I understand this but sometimes i just feel like i'm the one making all the effort....perhaps i've just got too attached to her. When it's just us two things are great but it's v. difficult when you aren't content just being 'friends'.
I understand this but sometimes i just feel like i'm the one making all the effort....perhaps i've just got too attached to her. When it's just us two things are great but it's v. difficult when you aren't content just being 'friends'.

Just out of interest, what kind of things do you do for her that aren't reciprocated?

Yeah, I can kinda empathise. Best to accept your relegation to the friend-zone and look elsewhere for a relationship, this lass doesn't seem to be doing much for you at the moment aside from ****ing with your head.

Ending the friendship just because she doesn't feel the same way about you as you do her probably isn't the best bet though, otherwise you could end up coming across as "that guy" who befriends women on the basis that you want to sleep with them. Which isn't a good look, according to some.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending