The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by MrGuazzaura
GLASGOWWWWWWW!!!! it's simply the best architecture school, fun city and not really expensive!! Really kent and Napier are just rubbish

;-; KENT is my first choice ;-;
I chose it over Notts >< Pshhhh... saying its rubbish.
If anything it's living cost are rubbish (;

I'm guessing you chose glasgow? Or do you live there? (;
Reply 1861
Original post by yxteh
thanks! oh mine was on 25 feb. The interviewer did mentioned on the day itself that he would like to give me an offer. But I just gotten the official offer. It's 1 month after the interview :smile: Good luck and all the best! :smile:

wow..so your interviewer was the man?.What kinds of portfolio did you show him and what did he ask?//..I am really wanna get the offer from ucl......
Reply 1862
Original post by nad9
Hi everyone!

Ok so i got a conditional offer from Dundee but the condition is to 'provide a satisfactory portfolio'...is that what everyone gets ?? I haven't heard back since i sent it off a few weeks ago :s

I also haven't heard at all from Strathclyde since i sent off my portfolio...should i be worried ??

I had an interview at dundee, my portfolio included some quite silly 'still life' drawings from when I was 15; 3 collage projects from interior design course (mounted on boards) with sketchbooks and a collection of pencil drawn cars (hobby). It went well, and I got unconditional and am not good. :smile:

Strathclyde emailed me 2-3days ago (and everyone else?) that they are sorry for the delay and that they will be giving everyone the decisions "very shortly". :cool:
Reply 1863
Original post by Pavol
I had an interview at dundee, my portfolio included some quite silly 'still life' drawings from when I was 15; 3 collage projects from interior design course (mounted on boards) with sketchbooks and a collection of pencil drawn cars (hobby). It went well, and I got unconditional and am not good. :smile:

Strathclyde emailed me 2-3days ago (and everyone else?) that they are sorry for the delay and that they will be giving everyone the decisions "very shortly". :cool:

Yeah i got the same email from Strathclyde...
Are you planning to go to either of them ??
Original post by ralexander
Ye - Dundee :smile: Pretty sure I'll go there

what kind of offer did you get? :smile:
Reply 1865
Original post by kkhandaker1
uum i never visited personally bt i have a thing for campus uni :biggrin: so yeh i love their campus n its really big n lovely n greeny n the studio seems very open allowing a lot of natural light in it as well dats wat i heard! neways which do u prefer i mean which one do u feel is more for u?

Im not sure to be honest. I know Nottingham is higher in the rankings and perhaps higer regarded for Architecture, but I have a feeling that Manchester has a bigger name when it comes to looking for jobs. Nottingham is incredibly International which I like though.. so Im kinda stuck in the middle :s-smilie: Are you at uni, or?
Reply 1866
Didn't get into UCL, disappointed but i understand why, good luck to everyone who did and hope you have a great a time.
Original post by sirage94
Im not sure to be honest. I know Nottingham is higher in the rankings and perhaps higer regarded for Architecture, but I have a feeling that Manchester has a bigger name when it comes to looking for jobs. Nottingham is incredibly International which I like though.. so Im kinda stuck in the middle :s-smilie: Are you at uni, or?

nup not yet i will be joining in this sep too! i was unsuccessful in both of your choices still nw have an offer frm kent so thinkin of goin there :smile: n u r ryt manchester really does help in job but if u r gud enuf u will get it neways dats wat i feel! ^_^ neways gud luck in choosin!
Yep finally got all my answers :smile: really really happy though exausted!
Reply 1869
Original post by Rox_fox
Hi everyone,
I have been accepted into 3 architecture universities and I have no idea which one I should choose. the reasons for my hesitation are more about costs and living, because I am not a UK resident, therefore I am not eligible for any financial support for living costs.

So, my choices are University of Kent, Glasgow school of arts or Edinburgh Napier
Could any one help make this decision any easier ? :s-smilie:

Probably worth pointing out that the course you have applied for at Napier is not architecture, it's architectural technology. It is quite a different course and is not an architecture degree. If it's an architect you want to be this one is not for you.
Reply 1870
Original post by nad9
Yeah i got the same email from Strathclyde...
Are you planning to go to either of them ??

Well, I'd like to go to Dundee, however I still have to see and plan things with regards to the accomodation, jobs etc and depending on that I will decide where to go. Both Strath and Dundee are options :smile:
Original post by essien2
Didn't get into UCL, disappointed but i understand why, good luck to everyone who did and hope you have a great a time.

Same sadly.
Have you heard back from all the uni's you applied for now? Any idea which one you're going to choose?
Reply 1872
When did u have an interview at the Bartlett ?
Reply 1873
Original post by slka24
wow..so your interviewer was the man?.What kinds of portfolio did you show him and what did he ask?//..I am really wanna get the offer from ucl......

yupp! it was a guy. I showed him projects that I have done during my diploma years. As well as the 5 piece of artworks (the task) that Bartlett requested for. I didn't have any sketchbooks to show him, which i thought they would like to see the most. So i'm feel so lucky that i can get the offer! :smile:
Hey everyone!
Got an offer from Manchester!
Has anyone heard from Oxford Brookes??
I sent my application on 12 Jan.
Conditional offer from Strathclyde for K100.
What would you chose Architectural Engineering at Cardiff or Architecture at Strathclyde?
Dilemma...
anyone got an offer from sheffield? I sent my portfolio around a month and a half ago and I've still heard nothing :frown: just wondering if anyone else was in a similar boat or what :smile: xxx
Original post by clareyyyyyyy
anyone got an offer from sheffield? I sent my portfolio around a month and a half ago and I've still heard nothing :frown: just wondering if anyone else was in a similar boat or what :smile: xxx

I heard relatively quickly sent it on the 16th of December and heard back on the 6th of January and that was over the Christmas period. I guess they may be a bit slow now because they will have a lot of offers to deal with as it is getting towards the deadline.

Also it seemed like when I went to an open day last week, that they were holding off giving more offers until they had a better idea of who was accepting the ones they already gave out. To give them a better idea about numbers. Basically I wouldn't worry too much, they will most likely get back to you before the 31st of March, as that is supposed to be the deadline.
Original post by Claire888
I heard relatively quickly sent it on the 16th of December and heard back on the 6th of January and that was over the Christmas period. I guess they may be a bit slow now because they will have a lot of offers to deal with as it is getting towards the deadline.

Also it seemed like when I went to an open day last week, that they were holding off giving more offers until they had a better idea of who was accepting the ones they already gave out. To give them a better idea about numbers. Basically I wouldn't worry too much, they will most likely get back to you before the 31st of March, as that is supposed to be the deadline.

ahhh thanks! Getting a bit worried to the point of just accepting I probably won't get an offer but thanks! :smile: can't believe you sent your portfolio so early though! :redface: xxx
Reply 1879
Original post by clareyyyyyyy

same, no worries! we shall know the decision no later than 31 March :smile:
good luck to both of us! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending