The Student Room Group

RBS telephone interview

OK so I was applying for their customer service rep/telesales 2 days ago and I was told to phone them up

Now I got 2 strange replies from them

Now its their policy stating that no application can be made with 6 months of each other so if you applied for a role say last month then you can't make another application the next month and so on

So when I phoned them up they were happy to go ahead with the interview but i wasn;t ready so i told them that i would phone them up the following day
I did that then the next day I called up it was a different person but when they told me about it they turned round and said I can;t go for the interview cause I already applied for another role 3 months ago and say I have to wait until may to apply again

Is RBS staff not following policy or some do and some don't

I should've gone ahead with the interview the person offered me as i would have gotten the job

why is this
Reply 1
Original post by 01jtiong
OK so I was applying for their customer service rep/telesales 2 days ago and I was told to phone them up

Now I got 2 strange replies from them

Now its their policy stating that no application can be made with 6 months of each other so if you applied for a role say last month then you can't make another application the next month and so on

So when I phoned them up they were happy to go ahead with the interview but i wasn;t ready so i told them that i would phone them up the following day
I did that then the next day I called up it was a different person but when they told me about it they turned round and said I can;t go for the interview cause I already applied for another role 3 months ago and say I have to wait until may to apply again

Is RBS staff not following policy or some do and some don't

I should've gone ahead with the interview the person offered me as i would have gotten the job

why is this

how did you apply for the job ? sorry for that mate
Reply 2
I've had a similar weird issue with them!
Applied for a job about this time last year for an entry position and passed the online tests and got through to the phone interview. After speaking to them about what I'd been upto with regards to previous employment/education she told me she could not further my application because I was overqualified for the role! My boyfriend actually works in recruitment for RBS and told me it was BS!

Decided to reapply a few days ago now that finishing uni is looming and I don't want to be without a job and it's all gone smoothly this time and have gotten through to the interview stage.

I literally think it's just the luck of the draw as to who picks up your call! I was so peed off the first time round that when I called recently I just expected to fail, didn't believe her when she told me I'd passed the phone interview.
Reply 3
Awww' that's really cool" Have a telephone interview soon" wondering if u could help out"
Original post by Jemma1389
I've had a similar weird issue with them!
Applied for a job about this time last year for an entry position and passed the online tests and got through to the phone interview. After speaking to them about what I'd been upto with regards to previous employment/education she told me she could not further my application because I was overqualified for the role! My boyfriend actually works in recruitment for RBS and told me it was BS!

Decided to reapply a few days ago now that finishing uni is looming and I don't want to be without a job and it's all gone smoothly this time and have gotten through to the interview stage.

I literally think it's just the luck of the draw as to who picks up your call! I was so peed off the first time round that when I called recently I just expected to fail, didn't believe her when she told me I'd passed the phone interview.
Reply 4
Original post by 01jtiong

why is this

How do you know if you would have got the job?
Reply 5
Hey guys, sorry for bumping a few months old thread but I just have a question about the telephone interviews for RBS for anybody who works there or has had one.

I've just completed the online assessment for a customer adviser post and I got this email back:

Congratulations, you’ve successfully passed this stage.

Please call us on (phone number) as soon as possible to progress your application.

Depending on your eligibility, the next stage of your application will involve a telephone interview. Please ensure you have a minimum of 30 minutes available and that you call from a suitable location (i.e. quiet, with no distractions). Please also ensure you have a clear understanding of the job description.

Applications are progressed on a first come first served basis, therefore we advise you act promptly to avoid disappointment.

So when I call up, will that be the actual 30 min phone interview or will it just be to arrange one?

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Latest