The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hannahmay93
I made Cardiff my firm choice waaaaay back at the beginning of January and haven't received an email with login details on yet? Literally crying here; stress, stress, stress.

I'm thinking, anything Talybont or Allensbank.
I'm also worrying I won't get on with my flatmates :tongue: I think everyone does, though.

Hopefully we'll be alright in the enddddddddd.

I dont think you apply to halls till april anyway
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by KayleeDawn
Drives u mad though haha

I know how it feels :/ I haven't heard anything from my 2 other choices... :mad:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
yay guys we can pick accommodation now i just got the email :smile:
Original post by rachbeanz
yay guys we can pick accommodation now i just got the email :smile:

Already done mine :biggrin::biggrin:
I had my choices lined up last month when I thought I could apply but it was only for Nursing students.
I hope my eager beaver-ness will get me into Talybont :biggrin:
Hey Occupational Therapy student here. Kinda torn between staying near heath park campus or near city centre.
Reply 45
Original post by Jodieeee....
Already done mine :biggrin::biggrin:
I had my choices lined up last month when I thought I could apply but it was only for Nursing students.
I hope my eager beaver-ness will get me into Talybont :biggrin:

I put taly south first then taly north then colum hall, cant really afford court so put it quite far down
Original post by rachbeanz
I put taly south first then taly north then colum hall, cant really afford court so put it quite far down

My first choice was taly south! :biggrin: then all of the taly norht except the small room, then seghennyd.
I cant really afford court either but i think its about half way down, but below the small taly north room.
Its all going so fast i'm so excited :biggrin:
Reply 47
My first choice was taly south! :biggrin: then all of the taly norht except the small room, then seghennyd.
I cant really afford court either but i think its about half way down, but below the small taly north room.
Its all going so fast i'm so excited :biggrin:

Haha I've picked pretty much the same choices! Little bit annoyed that Senghennyd Court ensuite is only for post graduate this year :frown:
Original post by Karm
Haha I've picked pretty much the same choices! Little bit annoyed that Senghennyd Court ensuite is only for post graduate this year :frown:

ahhh exciting :biggrin:
what are you going to study??
Yeah same, I was fine with a shared bathroom until i realised Talybont was the place to be, now i've kinda just got used to the fact i'll have my own bathroom :P :P

I'm really scared that i'll get Talybont, but if i dont get the grades my place will automatically be lost even if i ring up and they let me in. Do you think they'd hold my room until its definitely a rejection?
Its just my offer is AAA but i'm predicted AAB - but my course is quite rare so theyre very flexible. I really dont know how august is going to go down. Im just not moving until september just in case i miss something :P
Reply 49
ahhh exciting :biggrin:
what are you going to study??
Yeah same, I was fine with a shared bathroom until i realised Talybont was the place to be, now i've kinda just got used to the fact i'll have my own bathroom :P :P

I'm really scared that i'll get Talybont, but if i dont get the grades my place will automatically be lost even if i ring up and they let me in. Do you think they'd hold my room until its definitely a rejection?
Its just my offer is AAA but i'm predicted AAB - but my course is quite rare so theyre very flexible. I really dont know how august is going to go down. Im just not moving until september just in case i miss something :P

I'm studying Computer Science which is why Senghennyd would have been useful!

I think you should be ok, they base allocation on two dates, the date you apply for accommodation and the date you get an unconditional. So because you've applied for accommodation so early you should be fine!
Reply 50
I've just firmed Cardiff for Economics and about to chose accommodation. I have no idea on where I want to live though. Could anyone help me out. Ideally, i'd like to have an en-suite and possibly car parking space although that's not much of a big issue.
It would be much appreciated If anyone could give any sound advice.

Thank You All.

:top:
Reply 51
Original post by welshyshu
I've just firmed Cardiff for Economics and about to chose accommodation. I have no idea on where I want to live though. Could anyone help me out. Ideally, i'd like to have an en-suite and possibly car parking space although that's not much of a big issue.
It would be much appreciated If anyone could give any sound advice.

Thank You All.

:top:

Which campus will you be studying at?
Reply 52
YAY for Allensbank or Talybont North/South

:3
Reply 53
Realllllllllly considering firming Cardiff actually loved the uni yesterday, was proper sunny and so looked even better. It's too intense making a final decision wish someone would do it for me!
Original post by sophiew121
Realllllllllly considering firming Cardiff actually loved the uni yesterday, was proper sunny and so looked even better. It's too intense making a final decision wish someone would do it for me!

What're you applying for and where else did you apply? :tongue:
Reply 55
Firmed Cardiff in February- as soon as I got all my choices- was definitely Cardiff. Loved it on the Open Day before I applied and as soon as I got the offer, I knew it would be first choice.

As for accommodation, Im thinking of getting it done in the Easter holiday, along with student finance.

I think I must be one of the very few not going for Taly, Im leaning towards Aberconway or Roy Jenkins...? Any info on those would be good.
Firmed Cardiff here too :smile:

Is there some sort of ucas website where you can find people on your course?
Reply 57
I think so... but cant remember what its called- not much help.
Reply 58
Firmed Cardiff last week for Biology w/ preliminary (foundation) year. Applied for Talybont South/Court/North in that order!

Anyone else on above course, or on any prelim. year course?
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
Firmed Cardiff here too :smile:

Is there some sort of ucas website where you can find people on your course?

Original post by Onipede
I think so... but cant remember what its called- not much help.

http://yougo.co.uk/

Quick Reply