The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by Carpet21
Yeah I'm a student here, school and city are amazing. It's fair enough that Brighton doesn't appeal to you, but people have come here from all over the country and agree that it's easily one of the best student cities in the country. Sure I'll pm you some stuff about the school/city at some point when I get the chance to, I'll see if I can persuade you to pick BSMS. :wink:

Thank you!! Looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 1281
just rejected from soton , bsms here i come! ( i have an unconditional)- see some of you guys there
Reply 1282
Original post by amreek77
just rejected from soton , bsms here i come! ( i have an unconditional)- see some of you guys there

grats! are you intl or home? and I assume you were a gap year applicant or graduate?
Reply 1283
Guys on post-interview hold list, I have just withdrawn as I already have 3 offers. Good luck to you all, hope you get a place!
Reply 1284
Original post by .eXe
grats! are you intl or home? and I assume you were a gap year applicant or graduate?

Im a home gap year applicant . just firmed it on ucas track - been nearly 2 years of waiting for that- such a relief
Reply 1285
Just had a rejection, I was on the pre-interview reserve list
Reply 1286
Original post by bex.13
Just had a rejection, I was on the pre-interview reserve list

Same. It was my last chance. Gap year here we come!
Reply 1287
Still trying to work out what I did wrong in my previous life to not even deserve an interview for BSMS :dontknow:
Reply 1288
Just rejected. I as on the pre interview reserve list, (home student, yr13). Well done to everyone, maybe next year!!!
As above, rejection on preinterview waiting list :smile:
Original post by os93
Guys on post-interview hold list, I have just withdrawn as I already have 3 offers. Good luck to you all, hope you get a place!

Thanks mate!
Reply 1291
Sorry to all the above rejections guys :frown:
Reply 1292
Very sorry to hear about the rejections above.

Please don't panic, believe me I was there with 4 rejections last year (no interviews!) and now I had 3 unconditionals after a lovely gap year. By no means start thinking that having a year out of studying is unproductive, boring or useless. True you will miss your friends, but you will learn so much about you. Do some travelling, Europe is lovely. Get a job and start saving, tuition fees are high enough; plus you will learn how to budget. You will definitely grow a lot, and come back to UCAS 2013 more determined than ever. Whatever you do, just don't give up. Make sure you get really good grades during your exams coming up, bare in mind that required grades will probably go up so aim really high - if they ask for AAA expect A*s to start being a requirement. I would also recommend asking the universities for some feedback as to what you did wrong. If you didn't get in because of your UKCAT or GCSE grades, then belive me your A- level results will make up for it, however be realistic if you got 3As at GCSE don't apply for Birmingham again. Same applies to work experience if you only got 1 week of work experience then seriously consider getting more, maybe get a job that is somehow related to medicine or working with people - care worker is excellent and you will appreciate a nurses job.

Super duper good luck next year, and if anyone has any questions or just feels a bit rubbish and wants to have a chat. Please do PM me :smile:
Rejected! Oh well whatever, Im not too disappointed!
Original post by MAMDS1993
Rejected! Oh well whatever, Im not too disappointed!

Pre interview?
Original post by andrewpeters
Pre interview?

Nah post!
Original post by MAMDS1993
Nah post!

Unlucky, were you not on hold then?
Original post by andrewpeters
Unlucky, were you not on hold then?

Nah...I got a letter in the post!
Reply 1298
Just withdrew from BSMS - was put on the post-interview hold list but I have been given 2 other offers now :-) good luck to everyone else still on the hold list!
Reply 1299
Original post by Dolly_D
Just withdrew from BSMS - was put on the post-interview hold list but I have been given 2 other offers now :-) good luck to everyone else still on the hold list!

Well done! Good luck in the future :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending