The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;WDQCY0RxNHg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQCY0RxNHg&feature=context&context=G2d645bbFUAAAAAAAGAA[/video]
^

Whilst we were all laughing at his deadlift Diesel Weasel got strong. Hit an elite raw total according to some numbers. Dunno about that, either way, strong for his weight class.
Reply 23
IN, yes mikey i got mp flava drops raspberry and toffee, i alternate between them :wink:

anyone point me to some nice protein deals? looking around anything cheaper then mp?

made a commitment to start doing bicep curls today and weighted dips more often.
Does protein powder go off? I have some that's left over from about 2 years ago. It's been sealed in the bag since I last used it.
Reply 25
I went to a gym today. Lacked bars really, alas.
Guys I am 17, 154lbs, 6 foot. quite skinny. I want rippness in me. What do I do? Heavy weights, low reps or lighter weights more reps?
Reply 27
Very hard to work out in a busy life ! :frown:
Reply 28
^ Heavy weights, low reps, something like Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5.

To get ripped you need to gain muscle and have a low bodyfat percentage, and at that weight and height im guessing you're skinny like me with not much fat or muscle.
Original post by Chumbaniya
Does protein powder go off? I have some that's left over from about 2 years ago. It's been sealed in the bag since I last used it.

It should have an expiration date. Will last somewhat longer than that I'd imagine but if it's a lot past it probably not a good idea. I'd probably still use it though.
Original post by Future_Dr
Guys I am 17, 154lbs, 6 foot. quite skinny. I want rippness in me. What do I do? Heavy weights, low reps or lighter weights more reps?

You're going to bulk up much better if you lift heavy. But you need to make sure you have a sufficient calorie intake to build that muscle. Your diet is at least as important as hitting the gym.
http://www.gymjunkies.com/build-muscle/
This website has meal and workout plans that should help :smile:
Original post by Michael XYZ
It should have an expiration date. Will last somewhat longer than that I'd imagine but if it's a lot past it probably not a good idea. I'd probably still use it though.

Last time I checked it smelt fine and I'm inclined not to worry since it's dried and has stayed sealed. I'll check it out next time I'm back from the gym (****ing cold right now, just before I wanted to get serious about training again).
Reply 32
in
Reply 33
Enjoyed the transformation blog but just trailed off last few weeks.. a bit annoying cos I was dropping a good % of BF and getting stronger - but work piled on and diet went out the window for a week or two.

Back to normal blog now and back to cleaner eating from April 1st.
bought some steak at tesco today, in the 2 for £6 offer, in one pack there was 2 fairly decent looking steaks and some pepper sauce, going to be living it up tomorrow. might even go back to the gym for the first time in over a week
Reply 35
Original post by Khanage
Enjoyed the transformation blog but just trailed off last few weeks.. a bit annoying cos I was dropping a good % of BF and getting stronger - but work piled on and diet went out the window for a week or two.

Back to normal blog now and back to cleaner eating from April 1st.

How's the job going, mate? You still a trainer at FF?

Just wondering how you're finding it as I've almost completed a PT course and looking for some insight. I'm under no illusions about the crappy pay but jsut got sick of office and accountancy work and fancied a change, and since I'm not overly concerned about flashy cars and pensions, thought I'd give it a crack for 6-12 months to see how it goes. Prob end up back in finance when I can't get a decent salary but, hey ho, we'll see!
Reply 36
Original post by AdaD
How's the job going, mate? You still a trainer at FF?

Just wondering how you're finding it as I've almost completed a PT course and looking for some insight. I'm under no illusions about the crappy pay but jsut got sick of office and accountancy work and fancied a change, and since I'm not overly concerned about flashy cars and pensions, thought I'd give it a crack for 6-12 months to see how it goes. Prob end up back in finance when I can't get a decent salary but, hey ho, we'll see!

Yeah, well i'm a full time fitness consultant - so only a level 2, not a level 3 PT yet, so i'm on a salary, which suits me at the moment because I need a stable wage atm.

I know PT's that are doing really well, and some that are struggling. It's up to you really... you just need to be really nice, knowledgable, approach lots of people in the gym and offer complimentary sessions to show them why they need a PT, and then work on your sales skills to try and convert them to clients.

You'll also find most potential clients don't want just the standard strength training or 'normal' routines which the guys here do, you need to show them that you can offer something they can't just find on the internet. Our PT's use TRX, kettlebells, ViPR's etc... You have to show you have more info than the individual.

I think i'll become a PT in a few months, but obviously as you are self-employed your destiny is in your own hands... you need to get out there and seek clients.

Anymore q's mate give me a message.
Original post by Michael XYZ

btw I was thinking about the press-up clap thing, and if you're gonna continue doing them I'd not bother with the clap. As in, push yourself clear off the floor but the clap is actually unnecessary, and as you rush to get it it you're gonna lose your arm positioning and be more likely to hurt your wrists or whatever else.

the clap's pointless I dunno why everyone does it. I try telling my coach this but he just tells me to stfu
Original post by Arturo Bandini
btw I was thinking about the press-up clap thing, and if you're gonna continue doing them I'd not bother with the clap. As in, push yourself clear off the floor but the clap is actually unnecessary, and as you rush to get it it you're gonna lose your arm positioning and be more likely to hurt your wrists or whatever else.

the clap's pointless I dunno why everyone does it. I try telling my coach this but he just tells me to stfu

Nah I didn't do a clap.

After having asked some others they recommended to start at more of an incline first and progress from there. I think it's just that my triceps have never had to do such a movements before really so that's why it hurts.

Gonna do it on a swiss ball or something (no homo).
Original post by Arturo Bandini

Wouldn't the clap help with your hand-speed? I'm pretty sure that's trainable.

Latest