The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
I saw a lot of people at the visit day today, some of you looked just THRILLED to be in the PBL session :P
Didnt get to go to the offer day today :frown: What did you guys get up to? Tell me all :biggrin: x
Original post by karkarpops
Didnt get to go to the offer day today :frown: What did you guys get up to? Tell me all :biggrin: x

It was really nice, the people are so friendly and the campus is incredibly beautiful! I sorted out accommodation for Lindsay Court, as I liked it too much. Then in the afternoon, we had a PBL session which was interesting to see what it involves and how you interact with a group, then a tour of the med school, and it's so nice, the facilities are second-to-none! I'm sure you can go on a Mini-Visit in April or next year as your offer is for 2013. All in all Keele is brilliant :biggrin: And I'll see some people in September, I'll be the 23 year old graduate with dark hair! Roll on September 2012.
Original post by HazzieB
x

Original post by manderson
x

Ah fellow graduates, it will be good to meet you in September (you freshers :colone:)

Congratulations :biggrin:
anyone managed to get feedbacks (scores) from Keele? lol
Reply 1745
Original post by manderson
It was really nice, the people are so friendly and the campus is incredibly beautiful! I sorted out accommodation for Lindsay Court, as I liked it too much. Then in the afternoon, we had a PBL session which was interesting to see what it involves and how you interact with a group, then a tour of the med school, and it's so nice, the facilities are second-to-none! I'm sure you can go on a Mini-Visit in April or next year as your offer is for 2013. All in all Keele is brilliant :biggrin: And I'll see some people in September, I'll be the 23 year old graduate with dark hair! Roll on September 2012.

Ah! The open day sounds great. So sad I couldn't go as I had work.

Did you get to visit Barnes Hall at all? Is it true that the premier flats aren't available to freshers? :frown: It's so close to the medical campus too! :frown: Is Lindsay Court relatively close? lol I'm just mega lazy hahaha XD

Can't wait for September! I'll be the 22 year old grad with dark hair :biggrin:

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!
Reply 1746
Original post by SDas
Hi guys,

I'm new to TSR (although I have been stalking this thread for a while).

Just firmed Keele, has anyone received any letters/emails from the university after receiving an offer, other than track updates?

I firmed on Monday and haven't heard anything directly from them yet. (which is making me question whether my offer was a technical error lol ><)

But I think they're just busy. All the accomodation stuff apparently gets sent out around this time.
Reply 1747
Original post by metachic

I have just realised ill still be 22 too!! Total maths fail ha! See you there! x
Reply 1748
I firmed on Monday and haven't heard anything directly from them yet. (which is making me question whether my offer was a technical error lol ><)

But I think they're just busy. All the accomodation stuff apparently gets sent out around this time.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was interviewed on Wednesday 21st, (one of those who were rejected a while ago in error) and the only thing I received from them was my offer via track update!

It sounds as if they are busy, with accommodation and what not. I still haven't seen the accommodation properly, so I think I'm going to have to pester my mum to drive me to Keele to have a nosy :wink:

I'm in teh same situation, beginning to think they accidentally sent me an offer :/
Ah! The open day sounds great. So sad I couldn't go as I had work.

Did you get to visit Barnes Hall at all? Is it true that the premier flats aren't available to freshers? :frown: It's so close to the medical campus too! :frown: Is Lindsay Court relatively close? lol I'm just mega lazy hahaha XD

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

No didn't visit Barnes Hall, I don't know about the situation with the premier flats, not sure if it's true. Lindsay Hall is about 15 minutes walk to the centre of campus apparently, I just loved the look of it and I think there will be around 700people living there, which means hanging with a mixture of people. I suggest looking at the website http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/ to get a better idea. See you in September
Reply 1751
8 Weeks of waiting list hell and.... OFFER!!!! I'm also an oldie at 22 :smile:
Reply 1752
:frown: got a rejection yesterday. I thought my interview had gone really well. I had hoped no to take a gap year.
Original post by Phi11
8 Weeks of waiting list hell and.... OFFER!!!! I'm also an oldie at 22 :smile:

there are quite a few graduates who are around 21/22 :wink: not an oldie at all x
Reply 1754
Original post by A100whoo
there are quite a few graduates who are around 21/22 :wink: not an oldie at all x

Like me!! :biggrin:
Reply 1755
27 years old when we graduate...! Do you guys know if there is any funding available at all? Or are we going to have to take out professional loans as your not allowed a second student loan for tuition fees?
Original post by Phi11
27 years old when we graduate...! Do you guys know if there is any funding available at all? Or are we going to have to take out professional loans as your not allowed a second student loan for tuition fees?

For me at least, i get the full maintenance loan but no tuition fee loan and that is the case for those of us lucky enough to still be on the circa £3500 fees. For you on the ? £9k fees i am not too sure what support you can get, but as far as i know you can't apply for professional loans from banks, normal loans you can though, but what student can afford to pay those back with the interest rates etc i don't know. See you in September!
Reply 1757
I heard the funding has been dropped for graduates on a 5 year course, i.e. it was paid for the 1st year, but now there isn't any funding available at all. Does anyone know if this is true?

I am going to organise a meeting with the bank, but the interest is so high on those loans. Apparently you can sell your kidney for 25k!
Reply 1758
Original post by Phi11
I heard the funding has been dropped for graduates on a 5 year course, i.e. it was paid for the 1st year, but now there isn't any funding available at all. Does anyone know if this is true?

I am going to organise a meeting with the bank, but the interest is so high on those loans. Apparently you can sell your kidney for 25k!

I've always been under the impression that funding for grads on the 5 year course only comes from the NHS in year 5. Apart from that, we get nothing. =/

Does anyone know if we're elligble for the Keele bursary?
Original post by A100whoo

Original post by Phi11

All you young 'uns I'm 23, turning 24 in 2013 so I'll be graduating at 28! Making me feel old :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending