The Student Room Group

Maastricht Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ddaannyyeell
really? :smile: that's wonderful... I wasn't sure what does it really mean... and yeah I am doing Maturita... so if it is just pass in Maturita then it's awesome! :biggrin: they have told me earlier that no proof of English skills is needed as I am from an EU country (but still I have CAE) so it should be fine...

So you are also accepted? what course? and you are also doing Maturita this year?

Yeah I also wasn't sure what does the email mean, but I asked them and they said that I just have to fulfill the requirements written on their website and I'll be able to enroll. I got accepted for EU Law, and I'm pretty excited about going to Maastricht! Is Maastricht your main choice or are you also considering other universities? Btw, I'm doing the IB this year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Guys- i know this might be a personal question, so only answer if you want to, but how are you planning to fund your education at maastricht? i really want to go, but can't see you i can cover all the costs i will incur?

'Grats on getting accepted :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by TheHaylio
Guys- i know this might be a personal question, so only answer if you want to, but how are you planning to fund your education at maastricht? i really want to go, but can't see you i can cover all the costs i will incur?

'Grats on getting accepted :smile:

Being german my government is funding me :biggrin:
Reply 143
i called them a couple of days ago after my application came up as "ADMISSIBLE". The additional requirements that everybody is confused about includes payment of the course, Visa requirements (if required. It does apply to me since im from Pakistan) and your diploma "AMONG OTHER THINGS".
for those who want to know, i applied to EUROPEAN LAW. i got my application reply on the 20th and its now 28th here and i still havent heard from them about an official email stating the "additional requirements" :/ and most of all, my studielink says that the university has not yet informed them if im admissible or not -.- Frustrating as hell since Maastricht is my first priority and i have a lot of legal work to fill out since i come from a non EU country -.-
Original post by ibbi132
i called them a couple of days ago after my application came up as "ADMISSIBLE". The additional requirements that everybody is confused about includes payment of the course, Visa requirements (if required. It does apply to me since im from Pakistan) and your diploma "AMONG OTHER THINGS".
for those who want to know, i applied to EUROPEAN LAW. i got my application reply on the 20th and its now 28th here and i still havent heard from them about an official email stating the "additional requirements" :/ and most of all, my studielink says that the university has not yet informed them if im admissible or not -.- Frustrating as hell since Maastricht is my first priority and i have a lot of legal work to fill out since i come from a non EU country -.-

same here :/
Reply 145
When I uploaded copies of my Diploma, list of grades and passport, I've also received an email in which was written that now I must upload these documents:
- CV
- Motivation letter
- Supporting documents (prove my experiences written in my CV)

Well, I did it on Monday and got an email from admissions office on Tuesday evening. They told me that now I am processed for the decentralised selection and I will be informed about my ranking number around 15th of June. Then, I wrote to admissions office and asked some questions about that. They told me that a decision about my application will be made just around 15th of July.
I have an offer from Utrecht university (have to prove my English proficiency) but still considering about which one would be better choice for me- Utrecht or Maastricht.

I'm applying for Bsc Economics and Business Economics.
Original post by Kyle Butler
Yeah I also wasn't sure what does the email mean, but I asked them and they said that I just have to fulfill the requirements written on their website and I'll be able to enroll. I got accepted for EU Law, and I'm pretty excited about going to Maastricht! Is Maastricht your main choice or are you also considering other universities? Btw, I'm doing the IB this year.

well, I guess I will email them back too... just to be sure :smile:

I have applied for some universities in Scotland and got some offers so far... and now I am not sure where to go :biggrin: I love UK, however Maastricht is much better uni than those I have applied to in Scotland... and I have also applied to Erasmus University Rotterdam and got a conditional offer today (I have to pass their Mathematics exam)... so now I have no bloody clue! :biggrin:
Original post by ibbi132

so it just basically means that finishing your secondary education is enough? plus all the legal stuffs of course :smile: wow, I am just surprised that no score in our final secondary examinations is required...
Original post by ddaannyyeell
well, I guess I will email them back too... just to be sure :smile:

I have applied for some universities in Scotland and got some offers so far... and now I am not sure where to go :biggrin: I love UK, however Maastricht is much better uni than those I have applied to in Scotland... and I have also applied to Erasmus University Rotterdam and got a conditional offer today (I have to pass their Mathematics exam)... so now I have no bloody clue! :biggrin:

I've also got some very good offers from UK but I think I'll go to Maastricht due to its reputation of being in the top 1% of business schools and its much cheaper and lowest offer so far :biggrin:
Reply 149
Original post by Superwoman
I've also got some very good offers from UK but I think I'll go to Maastricht due to its reputation of being in the top 1% of business schools and its much cheaper and lowest offer so far :biggrin:

you applied to the EUROPEAN LAW programme, right?
Original post by ibbi132
you applied to the EUROPEAN LAW programme, right?

nope, International Business :smile:
Reply 151
If a business school has the "triple crown accreditation", that does not mean it's in the top 1% of business schools.
Original post by BalysZ
If a business school has the "triple crown accreditation", that does not mean it's in the top 1% of business schools.

http://www.cimaglobal.com/Our-locations/Netherlands/Education-partners/New-CIMA-tuition-programme-at-Maastricht-University/

I didn't make it up.
Reply 153
Holding the so-called 'triple crown accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS and EMBA), Maastricht University belongs to the top 1% of business schools worldwide.

Okay, you didn't make that up. They, on the other hand, did make that up. Yes, Maastricht University is accredited by AACSB, EQUIS and EMBA, but, as I said before, that does not mean it's in the top 1% of business schools.
(edited 12 years ago)

will you? I don't really know where I will finally end up yet... :biggrin: and actually I am still not sure whether the email Maastricht sent me is an offer or not... :biggrin: I have emailed them and still no reply, it's driving me crazy...
how did you get your offer? and what does your Application status in My UM portal say? also admissible? :smile:
in addition, I got conditionally accepted by the Erasmus University Rotterdam to make it much easier for me, haha :biggrin:
Original post by ibbi132

same here :/

Hey guys,

Are these messages from StudieLink? If so, don't worry, as long as you've submitted the right info, you'll get a message from Maastricht with a pretty simple, step-by-step application procedure.
Original post by Asha5692
Hey guys,

Are these messages from StudieLink? If so, don't worry, as long as you've submitted the right info, you'll get a message from Maastricht with a pretty simple, step-by-step application procedure.

I think that these are from UM itself, ie I have one:

On behalf of the Faculty Board of Department of Knowledge Engineering,
I am pleased to inform you that, based on the academic admission
criteria, you have been admitted to the programme BA Knowledge
Engineering for the academic year 2012.

Please note, this does not yet mean that you are registered for this
programme. You will receive further information about registration
from Student Services. If you have any questions about registering,
please contact the Master's Admissions Office at Student Services
(email: xxxx, telephone: +xxx)
Reply 157
Original post by Asha5692
Hey guys,

its from Maastricht University, not from Studielink. The SUBJECT of the message is "BOARD OF ADMISSION"
Original post by Alexgadgetman
I think that these are from UM itself, ie I have one:

On behalf of the Faculty Board of Department of Knowledge Engineering,
criteria, you have been admitted to the programme BA Knowledge
Engineering for the academic year 2012.

programme. You will receive further information about registration
from Student Services. If you have any questions about registering,
please contact the Master's Admissions Office at Student Services
(email: xxxx, telephone: +xxx)

Original post by ibbi132
its from Maastricht University, not from Studielink. The SUBJECT of the message is "BOARD OF ADMISSION"

Then contact someone from the department to find out what documents they need.
I got a similar offer
"On behalf of the Faculty Board of Department of Knowledge Engineering,
criteria, you have been admitted to the programme MA Artificial
Intelligence for the academic year 2012.
programme......"

I would like to know about the job prospects after completion of MA Artificial Intelligence from Univ of Maastricht. What is the general trend?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending