The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Yeah Williamwood is a good school... black blazers with neon blue trim, right? :tongue:
Original post by SameerM
Nah ofc not, its a state school called Williamwood High School although considering there are around 300 pupils in 6th year its not too bad...

And Quintro that must be hard mate :/... massive sympathy!

Williamwood is considered to be one of the top, if not the top, state schools in Scotland. I just want to make sure you appreciate that.

Coming from someone who attends one of the bottom, if not the bottom, state schools in Scotland. :tongue:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Williamwood is considered to be one of the top, if not the top, state schools in Scotland. I just want to make sure you appreciate that.

Original post by SameerM
Yeah, I feel awful thinking about how well off our school is comapred to most others as we have 3 AH Maths classes and 2 AH Physics classes (with about 20 students in each).

I'm fairly sure he's already aware of the situation.
Original post by TheUnbeliever
I'm fairly sure he's already aware of the situation.

I'm sure I can make him feel a little guiltier...go on...be a sport... :colone:
Reply 864
My school's modern studies department can't afford paper and you have three advanced higher maths classes?

SHAME ON YOU.

(Did I do good, Scot? Did I?!)
Original post by JordanR
My school's modern studies department can't afford paper and you have three advanced higher maths classes?

SHAME ON YOU.

(Did I do good, Scot? Did I?!)

I'm disappointed, Jordan. I can tell you didn't put your full effort into that one.
Reply 866
I'm disappointed, Jordan. I can tell you didn't put your full effort into that one.

That's because I didn't want to make people cry. :c
Reply 867

Coming from someone who attends one of the bottom, if not the bottom, state schools in Scotland. :tongue:

Nah mate, my state school didn't ever lose to a state school in academic competitions in my memory, so we must be better:p:
Williamwood is considered to be one of the top, if not the top, state schools in Scotland.

Haha, our head of year emphasises that same statement to us repeatedly this year, since our higher passing results dropped comparing to previous years and got us from the top to number 3.
(edited 12 years ago)
Passed my Unit 3 Stats NAB, Unit 3 Maths NAB and by the skin on my neck my Unit 2 Physics NAB. Handed in my Physics investigation and I think my 2nd Stats investigation has passed. Just gotta find out about my Unit 2 Stats NAB and I'll be able to relax... just a little bit.

Finished the Maths course today pretty much. Volumes of revolution was the last thing. Oh wait... I think I have more vector stuff to do, oh well. Ok, all the Calculus is done haha.
Reply 870
Passed the NAB on Tuesday, finished the course completely now. It's time to do some hardcore revision. Did 2011's paper in a double period today and could do everything except the vectors question. Screw vectors!
Reply 871
Original post by JordanR
Passed the NAB on Tuesday, finished the course completely now. It's time to do some hardcore revision. Did 2011's paper in a double period today and could do everything except the vectors question. Screw vectors!

The final question was interesting, it took me longer to do that question than the rest of the questions in the paper combined. :tongue:
Reply 872
Original post by Quintro
The final question was interesting, it took me longer to do that question than the rest of the questions in the paper combined. :tongue:

Brilliant question, my favourite on the paper. Apparently no one in last year's class got it... And it was 11 marks.
Original post by JordanR
Brilliant question, my favourite on the paper. Apparently no one in last year's class got it... And it was 11 marks.

I've recalled/devised another instrument of torture interesting question. Do you want to try?

Original post by Quintro

You might want to join in :smile:
Reply 874
Original post by ukdragon37
I've recalled/devised another instrument of torture interesting question. Do you want to try?

The masochist in me says yes but the person who wants to be confident says no.

Do it. :tongue:
Reply 875
Original post by ukdragon37

It depends on the degree of pain you intend to inflict on my mind :wink:
Reply 876
Ok so noob question here.. but i plan to study Advanced Higher Maths next year, i've been doing okay in Higher (getting rougly 70%-85% in A/B tests and 65% in prelim).. just wondering if the jump from Higher to Advanced Higher is like standard grade to higher?
Reply 877
Original post by Blue7195
Ok so noob question here.. but i plan to study Advanced Higher Maths next year, i've been doing okay in Higher (getting rougly 70%-85% in A/B tests and 65% in prelim).. just wondering if the jump from Higher to Advanced Higher is like standard grade to higher?

Worse, much much worse. For me at least, i achieved an A1 in higher but now i'm struggling, barely passing and stuck at around 55% in prelims.

Good luck
Reply 878
Original post by Evan7788
Worse, much much worse. For me at least, i achieved an A1 in higher but now i'm struggling, barely passing and stuck at around 55% in prelims.

Good luck

Really? oh no..
Reply 879
Original post by Blue7195

I didn't find much of a gap for either, so it seemed pretty similar. A fair bit of stuff is a semi-natural continuation of higher.

Latest