The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6440
I've used bets10 and paf which both operate in euros, no trouble or charges to with draw. Had to withdraw about £700 from Bets10 without any problems.

You just need to make sure you check the latest exchange rate when doing your calculations.
Original post by Keese
Well what happened was they were both at 9, bookies and lay, and I layed 35.xx, bet 40. As I was laying, odds changed, only 40% was matched. I hit the wee 'x' and for some reason it layed £14.40 instead of cancelling my bet as I expected it to do. So i've walked away with £14 from a £40 bet instead of my target of at least £30 which i'm a bit disappointed about, but the first time i've messed up so I guess these things happen.

Ahh unlucky :frown: Yeah you can't cancel your bets on BF, only the remaining part, otherwise it would cancel it for the person at the other end of your money too. One technique to avoid this is to offer to lay at a little higher than the best price because betfair will give you best price anyway - but atleast if it moves while you're typing theres more chance of getting matched and it will only cut into profits by a few pence anyway (well, slightly more if its higher odds, but it shouldnt be too bad)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6442
Looking on my PP account for my free bet. I have two offers in the voucher section. A free £5 which is pending as well as a 'Bonus Bar' with a value of '100% (Max. £25,000.00)' which is also pending.

Placed original bet a couple of days ago so what am I waiting on here..?
Reply 6443
Original post by Tobedotty
Ahh unlucky :frown: Yeah you can't cancel your bets on BF, only the remaining part, otherwise it would cancel it for the person at the other end of your money too. One technique to avoid this is to offer to lay at a little higher than the best price because betfair will give you best price anyway - but atleast if it moves while you're typing theres more chance of getting matched and it will only cut into profits by a few pence anyway (well, slightly more if its higher odds, but it shouldnt be too bad)

Yeah just a bit of bad luck, not the end of the world, still made £15. I think, if I'm doing horses, I'll do that in future, as there are definitely some good opportunities on the horses.
Anyone doing Bwin 50% £160 deposit reload?
Reply 6445
Ended up speaking to the lovely people of PP over their live chat system and my free bet was given after confirming my details. Does this happen a lot with new accounts?
Reply 6446
Also, was moving on to the next stage on FTO. Can see why people here are not a fan - found me no matches yet oddsmonkey (as recommended by a kind gent on here) is showing me several examples...

Obviously this is my first time trying to work it out myself so just want to make sure im doing it right. In my PP account I have 2 free bets (£20,£5) - can I use these together? If so, on trickybet I have put in £25 and the odds are 1.4 for both bet and lay for the Man Utd/Blackburn game on the 4th. However, I don't know what to put for commission? Im using betfair and cant seem to find where it should tell you on their site?
Original post by arichmond64
Anyone doing Bwin 50% £160 deposit reload?

Haven't stumbled across this one! Do you have a link?
Original post by gCp
Also, was moving on to the next stage on FTO. Can see why people here are not a fan - found me no matches yet oddsmonkey (as recommended by a kind gent on here) is showing me several examples...

Obviously this is my first time trying to work it out myself so just want to make sure im doing it right. In my PP account I have 2 free bets (£20,£5) - can I use these together? If so, on trickybet I have put in £25 and the odds are 1.4 for both bet and lay for the Man Utd/Blackburn game on the 4th. However, I don't know what to put for commission? Im using betfair and cant seem to find where it should tell you on their site?

Betfair commission will be 5%. I don't know about being able to use the free bets together, it should tell you on the betting slip when you make a selection. If I remember right PP usually insist that you select one free bet which must equal the stake but I could be wrong.

Also, sounds like you need to do a tad more reading... the free bets you have will be SNR, so betting on low odds will get you practically nothing. You need to find matches from around 6/1 upwards to get the most out of it. Try and aim for 80% return minimum. If you're not sure what I mean by using high odds instead of low odds, play around with the calculator for a SNR free bet and see what difference it makes using a match of say 7/7 as opposed to 1.4/1.4
Reply 6449
Original post by corona&lime
Betfair commission will be 5%. I don't know about being able to use the free bets together, it should tell you on the betting slip when you make a selection. If I remember right PP usually insist that you select one free bet which must equal the stake but I could be wrong.

Also, sounds like you need to do a tad more reading... the free bets you have will be SNR, so betting on low odds will get you practically nothing. You need to find matches from around 6/1 upwards to get the most out of it. Try and aim for 80% return minimum. If you're not sure what I mean by using high odds instead of low odds, play around with the calculator for a SNR free bet and see what difference it makes using a match of say 7/7 as opposed to 1.4/1.4

I completely forgot about SNR I was just assuming it was going to be SR for some reason. Thanks for the help!
Reply 6450
I did matched betting over last summer, and stopped during uni term time. I checked my betting email and found I had a couple of reload offers so decided to go for BlueSq 50% deposit match up to £50 (so £25 free bet).

Matched my £50 to have a loss of little over £1, now just waiting for the free bet to credit. It says up to 48 hours but in an hour or so that window will be up so no doubt I'll have to mail them... Such a hassle, but only a little for a free £20 or so.

I'm tempted to do my bwin reload of 50% bonus of £160 (£80 free bet) but I can't remember if I liked bwin's terms or not. I'll have to look them up since it's been a while.

[e] "...any funds obtained via sports betting bonus promotions may only be withdrawn once you have wagered a sum equivalent to seven times the bonus amount" <- That's the term I don't like the sound of. With an £80 bonus that leads to £560 worth of wagering..
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to betting.

Opened a Coral account earlier today, and saw the £30 free bet.

I placed £30 of MY money on AC Milan to score 3 goals or less before HT, so i won £0.15 lol.

Now i have got my £30 free bonus bet, whenever i click on the bet slip, there is no sign of this 'free bet'.

I don't want to bet £30 of my money straight away on a premiership 4 match accumulator, but would rather use the £30 free bet and keep my winnings.

Is there any way to check/make sure that my £30 bonus bet is going to be used, instead of £30 of MY money, for this 4 fold accumulator i want to place on Coral's website?

Thanks in advance
Reply 6452
I'm pretty sure on Coral there is a box that you can tick which says something along the lines of 'use free bet balance' or something like that.

Been ages since I did Coral so I may be wrong =/
Original post by Chicharito14
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to betting.

Opened a Coral account earlier today, and saw the £30 free bet.

I placed £30 of MY money on AC Milan to score 3 goals or less before HT, so i won £0.15 lol.

Now i have got my £30 free bonus bet, whenever i click on the bet slip, there is no sign of this 'free bet'.

I don't want to bet £30 of my money straight away on a premiership 4 match accumulator, but would rather use the £30 free bet and keep my winnings.

Is there any way to check/make sure that my £30 bonus bet is going to be used, instead of £30 of MY money, for this 4 fold accumulator i want to place on Coral's website?

Thanks in advance

The free bet balance is shown on the bar at the bottom, if not then contact customer service and they will credit it. When placing a bet you then have the option of using your free bet balance. In future make sure to check for the best offers, Coral actually have a £50 sign up available.

It sounds like you aren't using the free bet to make guaranteed profit and rather are using it for real gambling!
Original post by chiliman14
The free bet balance is shown on the bar at the bottom, if not then contact customer service and they will credit it. When placing a bet you then have the option of using your free bet balance. In future make sure to check for the best offers, Coral actually have a £50 sign up available.

It sounds like you aren't using the free bet to make guaranteed profit and rather are using it for real gambling!

What i have done was withdrawn my winnings from my Coral account (£30.15).

Then when it said that my cash balance was 0.00, i placed a bet with the 'Bonus £30 bet'.

I'm assuming that this bet I've placed is now using the bonus bet. Surely my money cannot be deposited, without clicking X amount i want in my Coral account?
Reply 6455
yeh you'll be fine now, if you had no money in your account and you managed to still place it worked, coral cant just take money from your bank account as and when they please :smile:
anyone done the bet365 offer, the best event i can find is requires £2000 in bet fair and still makes a £10 loss
Original post by Patchey1000
anyone done the bet365 offer, the best event i can find is requires £2000 in bet fair and still makes a £10 loss

Nearly everyone on here has done or will do the Bet365 offer plus their £50 mobile offer.

Are you looking on Oddsmonkey or freebets4all for matches?
Reply 6458
Does anyone know any odds website which show Betinternet odds?

The only one im aware of is odds monkey and that doesnt have betinternet odds.
Original post by A-K-J
Does anyone know any odds website which show Betinternet odds?

The only one im aware of is odds monkey and that doesnt have betinternet odds.

I don't think any sites have an odds feed with them, it's just a case of manually finding a close odds match.

Latest

Trending

Trending