The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scherezade
hahaha, yeah, sorry about the mix up :colondollar:

I hope you're ok? :smile: I really wish I could say something witty, but all I can say is God will guide us to what's best, so smile :biggrin:
aaah youth party? Lucky you! Just forget everything and enjoy it. I'm same as you minus the party lool, i think some are expected me to sing, but i'm panicking- the fasting has made my throat sore. :eek: i'll defo try to remind you next year! I don't want to suffer alone :colone:

You're right! God will guide us, no matter how dark the path is.

Singing?! SHINO? You can sing? That's amazing. I've always wanted to sing well but apparently I'm the worst singer in the world. Why can't Adele's songs just be more easier to sing along. :frown:
Guys vote for Ancient Babylon! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1958164&p=36920314

We've got to win this. :biggrin:
hahaha yeaah! I think 80% of iraqis here are in the london area, you're lucky you're visiting people, we're hosting this year, meaning endless cooking and serving...:eyeball: ahhh and countdown begins, have you got all your sunday clothes sorted out etc?

wa beech al hala! :smile: what are you studying, interests, etc? :biggrin:

Helle

Have you firmed/insured your choices?? (on UCAS)

meleeyt from the endless decision making
(edited 12 years ago)
hahaha yeaah! I think 80% of iraqis here are in the london area, you're lucky you're visiting people, we're hosting this year, meaning endless cooking and serving...:eyeball: ahhh and countdown begins, have you got all your sunday clothes sorted out etc?

haha unlucky! hope you prepare dolma, biryani, kibbi, malfoof badinjan etc cause im coming over lol. are you serious? I'm a boy i'll just stick anything decent i have on :L how old are you btw?
Original post by arbissah
La you don't really have anything to worry about as long as you organise your time and don't leave everything to the last minute like I do ;p .

yeah i'm queen of last minute...:biggrin:

Original post by Tzarchasm
You're right! God will guide us, no matter how dark the path is.

Singing?! SHINO? You can sing? That's amazing. I've always wanted to sing well but apparently I'm the worst singer in the world. Why can't Adele's songs just be more easier to sing along. :frown:

tzarchasm....tzarchasm, is what i read as your signature correct? CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
You deserve it! God always will guide us on the right path :party2:

As for the singing, apparently i can :curious: looool adele's songs are hard even for me! I don't want to hear the world's worst singer try it...

Original post by splendidsun
Helle

Have you firmed/insured your choices?? (on UCAS)

meleeyt from the endless decision making

i know right! Ma tintiheeee, and then i get in these mini panics about results argh ucas!!!...i've done the firming but i have no insurance :|, how about you?

Original post by andrewpeters
haha unlucky! hope you prepare dolma, biryani, kibbi, malfoof badinjan etc cause im coming over lol. are you serious? I'm a boy i'll just stick anything decent i have on :L how old are you btw?

hahaha even more unlucky for you, since i suck at cooking! :colone: your tastebuds will beg you to stop eating.
Turn 18 this year (yr13), you?
yeah i'm queen of last minute...:biggrin:

tzarchasm....tzarchasm, is what i read as your signature correct? CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

As for the singing, apparently i can :curious: looool adele's songs are hard even for me! I don't want to hear the world's worst singer try it...

i know right! Ma tintiheeee, and then i get in these mini panics about results argh ucas!!!...i've done the firming but i have no insurance :|, how about you?

hahaha even more unlucky for you, since i suck at cooking! :colone: your tastebuds will beg you to stop eating.

haha year 13 so far in a nutshell...drags on and on

Yh, took time, but I've chosen lsop as firm

awww mann! Ditto i'm your typical iraqi year 13 medicine applicant, also turning 18 this year! what are you applying for?

SPLENDIDSUN! You're Iraqi?? I always see your name in medicine forums haha, marhaba!
SPLENDIDSUN! You're Iraqi?? I always see your name in medicine forums haha, marhaba!

La haha, you've got the wrong person...shjabny alal medicine forums (or it may have been frm years back,when med skl was the ambition..)

Hows the app going?

Thank you so much. I'm pretty sure I was going to experience a mental breakdown but thankfully, there was some light at the end of the tunnel (don't tell Infernalcradle that I stole his idea for my sig).

Seems like I'm going to have to force you to listen to my voice! :colone:

What songs do you sing? :eek:

awww mann! Ditto i'm your typical iraqi year 13 medicine applicant, also turning 18 this year! what are you applying for?

So typical; apart from your name! What's going on there. :confused: :eek:

:laugh:
(edited 12 years ago)

So typical; apart from your name! What's going on there. :confused: :eek:

:laugh:

Oh well im terrible with thinking of usernames so i just put in the first name that popped into my head... :frown:
La haha, you've got the wrong person...shjabny alal medicine forums (or it may have been frm years back,when med skl was the ambition..)

Hows the app going?

oh... well thats embarrassing lol so what are you studying? im just counting on brighton now, im on the post interview waiting list, got rejections from my other choices :frown:
oh... well thats embarrassing lol so what are you studying? im just counting on brighton now, im on the post interview waiting list, got rejections from my other choices :frown:

I'm in year 13, either doing pharmacy this year or applying for dentistry next year (most probably the former)...not too bothered tbh

ooooo theres still hope ahaa...if it doesn't work out, would you be happy going with your back up?
I'm in year 13, either doing pharmacy this year or applying for dentistry next year (most probably the former)...not too bothered tbh

ooooo theres still hope ahaa...if it doesn't work out, would you be happy going with your back up?

awesomee. where have you applied?

well it's biomed at kings but i'll only go there if i get the scholarship im applying for...i dont really wanna spend £50k+ on a degree i dont really want

well it's biomed at kings but i'll only go there if i get the scholarship im applying for...i dont really wanna spend £50k+ on a degree i dont really want

how come you got rejected for med?
Original post by im so fresh
how come you got rejected for med?

well i got rejected by st georges and barts post interview and leicester pre interview. so there's still a chance at brighton.
well i got rejected by st georges and barts post interview and leicester pre interview. so there's still a chance at brighton.

good luck dude D:

yh makes sense...another of year of applying seems pretty nice if you look at it in terms of more experience/maturity etcetc

I applied to Kings, UCL, Reading, Medway and Portsmouth- Firming UCL (and probably going to scrap applying for dentistry cos of the unnecessary effort haha)

Have you thought about what you might be doing during g/y?
yh makes sense...another of year of applying seems pretty nice if you look at it in terms of more experience/maturity etcetc

I applied to Kings, UCL, Reading, Medway and Portsmouth- Firming UCL (and probably going to scrap applying for dentistry cos of the unnecessary effort haha)

Have you thought about what you might be doing during g/y?

wow pharmacy at ucl, well done! yeah if you dont want to do dentistry 100% then you're better off sticking with pharmacy.

erm i haven't really... but i think i'll just end up going to a 3rd world country or something in a bid to "show my commitment" to study medicine -_-

dentistry...though i'm not sure how it's going to be career wise, all the dentists i've seen are super duper boring! :eek:, whatever happens happens, i'm sure its all for the best :biggrin:

congrats!!! Excellent choice, can't you do adjustment rather than take a gap year?

Thank you so much. I'm pretty sure I was going to experience a mental breakdown but thankfully, there was some light at the end of the tunnel (don't tell Infernalcradle that I stole his idea for my sig).

Seems like I'm going to have to force you to listen to my voice! :colone:

What songs do you sing? :eek:

:biggrin: its great to hear you've achieved what you wanted, i'm having second thoughts on what i've applied to these days! :bigsmile:

I'll listen to your voice after you graduate, so when my ear drums rupture and start bleeding, you can fix them :laugh:
i sing songs? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending