Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Optometry at Aston help... Doing A-levels, please?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Please move this to the appropriate section as I know it's probably in the wrong one - sorry...

So, I have a few questions...

Firstly, what's the ruling like for doing your A-levels over 3 years if I was to apply to Aston?

Are Aston at all lenient on grades, say if I got 2 A*s and a B?

Thirdly, I don't think I've chosen the bestest of subejects: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and ICT.

I wasn't in the best of circumstances when I sat my January modules and got A's in Psychology and Biology, but an E in Chemistry. ICT is a BTEC so there are no exams. I'm really worried about Chemistry, I need to get into Aston but they want 3 A's but it's the closest Uni to home.

Oh and another question, say I did a course like Biomedical sciences, and got a First, can I then do a course in Optometry despite not having the A-level grades?

Please may someone reply.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08ahmedm)
    Hi,

Please move this to the appropriate section as I know it's probably in the wrong one - sorry...

So, I have a few questions...

Firstly, what's the ruling like for doing your A-levels over 3 years if I was to apply to Aston?

Are Aston at all lenient on grades, say if I got 2 A*s and a B?

Thirdly, I don't think I've chosen the bestest of subejects: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and ICT.

I wasn't in the best of circumstances when I sat my January modules and got A's in Psychology and Biology, but an E in Chemistry. ICT is a BTEC so there are no exams. I'm really worried about Chemistry, I need to get into Aston but they want 3 A's but it's the closest Uni to home.

Oh and another question, say I did a course like Biomedical sciences, and got a First, can I then do a course in Optometry despite not having the A-level grades?

Please may someone reply.
    hi im currently acheiving my AS levels, and really want to do optometry at aston as it is also closest to home, but was wondering routes into optometry at aston as i dont think ill get the grades needed to get onto the course. i was wondering if you ever found out about doing a course like biomedical science and then either defer into optometry or acheive it to a first and then do optometry at aston.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.