The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
I got an offer from manchester yesterday (by email then track). i've imagined a million times how i would post on TSR if i ever got an offer but i was just so happy and speachless yesterday that i just didnt post.

i had 4 rejections last year and 3 this year.manchester was my last chance for dentistry (in the UK atleast) and i got it. GUYS NEVER LOSE HOPE! Even if you dont get it (i know ur probably thinking its easy for me to say) things will work out the best way for YOU.
Anyone waiting on a letter from Leeds as to why they got rejected, don't get your hopes up that it'll give you any help. Mine gave me about 20 reasons why I was a great candidate and then just said they interviewed fewer people than ever this year. I was hoping for something constructive but nah, didn't happen.
Offer from Glasgow! Which now leaves me with the best kind of problem- where to choose... Glasgow 5yrs or Kings 4yrs???
Anybody got any opinions on either? I'm currently living in the South, so going to Scotland would be a nice change, and I see that they have an elective part of the course where you can go abroad.
But on the other hand Kings is a year shorter, and might be considered more illustrious?
My head hurts....... any thoughts appreciated!
Reply 3923
Original post by conjepense
did any1 hear from liverpool today?

im still waiting :angry: :frown:
Original post by freddy

Me too...
Hey guys..may i know what are the pros and cons of kings?? tks you:smile:
Reply 3926
Original post by pb101
I got an offer from manchester yesterday (by email then track). i've imagined a million times how i would post on TSR if i ever got an offer but i was just so happy and speachless yesterday that i just didnt post.

i had 4 rejections last year and 3 this year.manchester was my last chance for dentistry (in the UK atleast) and i got it. GUYS NEVER LOSE HOPE! Even if you dont get it (i know ur probably thinking its easy for me to say) things will work out the best way for YOU.

Congratulations on getting in! I'm in year 12 right now and I'm going to be applying for dentistry, do you know why you were rejected? I know that sometimes they won't say but was it due to grades, work experience, or the fact that its really competitive?
Original post by Heath25
Has anyone recieved an offer letter from sheffield but it hasnt come up on ucas track yet?

Yeah same here i had my letter on saturday... my track still hasnt been updated!
i rang up ysterday and said that they were updating each track offer individually and they should all soon be out. I reckon that their doing it alphabetically according to your last name but im not exactly too sure :s
Reply 3928
Original post by freddy

Liverpool is taking forever.
Original post by chocoa
Liverpool is taking forever.

u can say that again! its getting ridiculous. if after all of that its a rejection, they could have had the decency to let us know from the beginning instead of keep us waiting that long to find out at the end it was a rejection....

good luck though hopefully we've actually got offers from them!
Got an email from track!!! Dare not open it.....
Reply 3931
Rejected from lpool....

Best of luck to those still waiting though!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 3932
lıverpool rejectıon!! :smile:
u can say that again! its getting ridiculous. if after all of that its a rejection, they could have had the decency to let us know from the beginning instead of keep us waiting that long to find out at the end it was a rejection....

good luck though hopefully we've actually got offers from them!

Best of luck fellow reapplicant! I really hope you get it :smile:
Reply 3934
liverpool rejection :/ but firmed sheffield! aaa so scary!
liverpool rejection. after 2 years of trying im out.
Original post by Jennifer93
Hey guys..may i know what are the pros and cons of kings?? tks you:smile:

okay pros: one of the top unis for dentistry, its in central london, largest dental school in uk, traditional style learning (if thats what you want :smile:) immense nightlife, and every shop and social scene you could ever dream of!!! massively international and a great place to build up contacts for use in your future career.

cons: could not be much more expensive. so larger debt at the end. and you have to get the tube like almost everywhere, and sometimes it gets so busy that have to travel half hanging out of the door :s-smilie:
hope this helps!! :smile:
Reply 3937
liverpool rejection. after 2 years of trying im out.

omg :frown:
So sorry to hear that ! Did you apply to another country for dentistry? If not, you can apply somewhere else where there is dentistry.. if you are really passionate about it, you should just do it somewhere else. I pray that you get somewhere. Dont lose hope & be strong.

If you are deciding on to choosing another course, then i think you should go for optometry.. My mates loving it!.. try it out in clearing.. or waiit..what did you put as your 5th option ?

Don't worry, everything will get okay.. i really hope & pray that you succeed in whatever you do.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by aqua05
omg :frown:
So sorry to hear that ! Did you apply to another country for dentistry? If not, you can apply somewhere else where there is dentistry.. if you are really passionate about it, you should just do it somewhere else. I pray that you get somewhere. Dont lose hope & be strong.

If you are deciding on to choosing another course, then i think you should go for optometry.. My mates loving it!.. try it out in clearing.. or waiit..what did you put as your 5th option ?

Don't worry, everything will get okay.. i really hope & pray that you succeed in whatever you do.

yeah definately lad dont worry! whatever happens happens for a reason , try dentistry in valencia or prague , theyre both internationally renowned uni;s! ull deffo get into that! but dont be upset mate , keep smiling! your obviously very smart , ull succeed in whatever u plan to do , optometry is tops too !
Liverpool rejection too!

Quick Reply

Latest