The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mandy_Panda
very organised. I'm always amazed by people that just happen to have things like sticky labels.

I need to nip via the office tomorrow to print out the spreadsheet on A3 (the only way it will be legible!) so might pick up some labels for anyone who doesn't have but would like one!

Original post by timefortea
PS: Cinnamon: Definitely go for the Props/Staging!! Without meaning to sound like a stuck record, I've mentioned before how impressed I was with the role

On the strength of your news (esp about the extended application time) I managed to convince a couple of bods in the office to give it a go. All going well, we could end up with 25% of the team involved in the opening/closing ceremonies... although perhaps less good for office cover!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cinnamon
Thanks for the info.
It does extremely interesting, I am not sure I have the specific skills mentioned on the website but if they want someone who has enthusiasm I have loads of it!

I didn't really have the specific skills- some stage/theatre type stuff in school and university, over ten years ago which I wrote about in the application letter, but bucket loads of enthusiasm, which they were very keen on! Go for it- you can always see how it goes at a later date! All the very best
Original post by Flakeydom
I need to nip via the office tomorrow to print out the spreadsheet on A3 (the only way it will be legible!) so might pick up some labels for anyone who doesn't have but would like one!

On the strength of your news (esp about the extended application time) I managed to convince a couple of bods in the office to give it a go. All going well, we could end up with 25% of the team involved in the opening/closing ceremonies... although perhaps less good for office cover!

Haha! Brilliant! Yep, they said several times they were really keen for enthusiastic, committed people and appeared a little disappointed that there hadn't been more interest. I think there were five people being interviewed the night I was there. All the very best to your office bods!
Reply 5243
Ow man... just had an email asking whether I'd be interested in changing from 44A to 47A. Help! More dancing, which is what I thought I'd get initially. Not sure now.
Original post by Nevvie
Ow man... just had an email asking whether I'd be interested in changing from 44A to 47A. Help! More dancing, which is what I thought I'd get initially. Not sure now.

Was 44A more of an acting role? Do you fancy the dancing?
Original post by Nevvie

I'm in 47a. Someone else had a similar dilemma
Have we had any offers today? Keep checking my phone, desperately hoping the email symbol pops up!! And when it does, my heart skips a beat... then of course its just junk mail or from a friend and my heart sinks again... Hopefully anytime soon though (I remain an eternally optimistic person!)
Reply 5247
Was 44A more of an acting role? Do you fancy the dancing?

44A is theatre movement - no doubt I used to prefer a dancing segment, but I've sort of settled into the idea of theatre and quite like it now. Hmm...

I'm in 47a. Someone else had a similar dilemma

What sort of dancing style did you have for your second audition?

Hmm... is it cheeky to ask them which segment is featured the most? :wink:
Reply 5248
disappointed that no offers today!!!! hey ho we are still wishing you all luck :smile:
Reply 5249
Original post by Nevvie
Help! More dancing, which is what I thought I'd get initially. Not sure now.

Don't worry, you can just give the 47A space to me and stay in 44A!

The one good thing about no offers today is that at least it lets me know that there are still plenty in the same boat as me. I wasn't that bad in the Madness audition, was i?!
Original post by Nevvie
44A is theatre movement - no doubt I used to prefer a dancing segment, but I've sort of settled into the idea of theatre and quite like it now. Hmm...

What sort of dancing style did you have for your second audition?

Hmm... is it cheeky to ask them which segment is featured the most? :wink:

kind of hip hop, nothing taxing
[STRIKE]
[/STRIKE
Granta had the same dilemma a week or so ago and chose to switch. On phoning up granta was told they could not really give her any additional info other than "47 has a bit more dancing, and 44 is more acting with movement/walking".

I think 47 rehearsals start a couple of weeks earlier and have an extra3 rehearsals. Good luck with your decision ( but hope you stay with me :-))
(edited 12 years ago)
kind of hip hop, nothing taxing

I think there were two 'hip hop' recalls. One was Madness/Blur and the other was Maroon 5. The Maroon 5 one seemed to produce more 49ers. The Madness/Blur one produced more 47s. From comments on here, it seems that the Maroon 5 one felt like a fairly tough routine whereas the other was slightly less so.

Nevvie - you're with us tomorrow right? Perhaps we can help you decide :biggrin:
I also have the opportunity to switch from 44B to 47A.

Whilst I wanted dance, I am currently going on the "deal or no deal" theory - I am more likely to regret the swap, having seen what section 44 get to do, than not swapping.... but two days to think it through.

Have a great meet up!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BowBoy
Good advice, thank you. I had the same problem, so e-mailed my acceptance and copies of the forms. I also just called on the number above and the guy who answered said there were problems with the link, but he would wonder over and ask someone to change my status to accept. So worth e-mailing and calling, just to be sure, I would suggest.

Hmmmm iv emailed our cast co-ordinater and the e mail was returned saying a problem with the server ?
No answer on the phone
I'm slightly stressing xxx
Reply 5255
[QUOTE="Pinnerite;36938075"]
[/STRIKE
Granta had the same dilemma a week or so ago and chose to switch. On phoning up granta was told they could not really give her any additional info other than "47 has a bit more dancing, and 44 is more acting with movement/walking".

I think 47 rehearsals start a couple of weeks earlier and have an extra3 rehearsals. Good luck with your decision ( but hope you stay with me :-))

Hello! Just logged on and saw the posts about switching from 44 to 47. I was asked to consider the same and stressed about it, then decided to switch to dancing. They did say to me if wasn't anything too tough. Guess they overfilled their 44 segment quota if it's happening to others also??
I'm sure both will be fun whatever they involve! Hope you manage to come to a decision soon.

granta
Reply 5256
Also, forgot to say, have a fun meet-up tomorrow!! Sorry can't make it, but not too long now before the first rehearsals...
Reply 5257
I'm really gutted I can't make the meet up tomorrow. I will be on a coach on the way to Belgium for one of my Choir's tour (2 concerts and lots of fun touristy stuff). Would love to meet you all and see the famous spreadsheet! I will picture the masses of pink hyperness gazing at the stadium from the Olympic shop and grin tomorrow. Wish they'd hurry up and invent transporters, my life would be a heck of a lot simpler with them around. Have fun tomorrow and next time hopefully the monkey will be with you!
Original post by 42RAFIKI
I'm really gutted I can't make the meet up tomorrow. I will be on a coach on the way to Belgium for one of my Choir's tour (2 concerts and lots of fun touristy stuff). Would love to meet you all and see the famous spreadsheet! I will picture the masses of pink hyperness gazing at the stadium from the Olympic shop and grin tomorrow. Wish they'd hurry up and invent transporters, my life would be a heck of a lot simpler with them around. Have fun tomorrow and next time hopefully the monkey will be with you!

Please can we have a photo posted of the meet up and the infamous brilliant spread sheet for those of us who can't make it please??
Reply 5259
Please can we have a photo posted of the meet up and the infamous brilliant spread sheet for those of us who can't make it please??
Seconded!

I just submitted my expression of interest in the props etc role. It was a hard decision because of some recent news at work which I'll explain when I get back (really shouldn't be on here as I have to be up in 4 hours time but you know how it is!). We'll see what happens.

Latest