The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2012

Well i was just wondering if anyone could help.

I need to apply for student finance to start studying in 2012. The problem is I applied last year and my application was approved. I was due to go and study in Liverpool but i didn't get the grades required so I was rejected on results day after a conditional offer earlier in the year. I didn't tell student finance but i presumed they knew. and being that i didn't receive any payments into my account this made me sure. I decided to reapply through UCAS this year and have a few offers. On the directgov website it has the information about my previous student finance application but it doesn't acknowledge that I didn't go to Liverpool. I haven't received any payments, so will I be able to start it a fresh this year? I looked everywhere but it doesn't seem there are any answers to my problem. I'll ring student finance directly but I just wondered if there was anyone out there in the same boat.

thanks.
Reply 1
Yeah you will be able to, but not telling them won't have helped. You may have the run around for a while, but you will get full funding.
Original post by ianfirth
Well i was just wondering if anyone could help.

I need to apply for student finance to start studying in 2012. The problem is I applied last year and my application was approved. I was due to go and study in Liverpool but i didn't get the grades required so I was rejected on results day after a conditional offer earlier in the year. I didn't tell student finance but i presumed they knew. and being that i didn't receive any payments into my account this made me sure. I decided to reapply through UCAS this year and have a few offers. On the directgov website it has the information about my previous student finance application but it doesn't acknowledge that I didn't go to Liverpool. I haven't received any payments, so will I be able to start it a fresh this year? I looked everywhere but it doesn't seem there are any answers to my problem. I'll ring student finance directly but I just wondered if there was anyone out there in the same boat.

thanks.

It should be fine if you just call them and ask for your previous application to be cancelled - they can easily do this as they will see no payments were made. Bear in mind you'll have to apply as a new student for this year and provide ID and any other evidence as normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending